The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I really do think we'd be in a much better position to win the league if Jota hadnt been injured the last 6 weeks or so. All those chances we were creating, he would have tucked away a few to secure points.

Just been reported be picked up an injury vs Fulham and is out for 2 weeks...

Misses the Spurs game

Just been reported be picked up an injury vs Fulham and is out for 2 weeks...

Misses the Spurs game
I reckon I know when too.
It was one of the tackles that Fulham picked up a yellow card for.
I was watching the highlights and thought that doesn't look good.

Its actually cruel our best finisher cant stay on the park enough.

We looked so much better against Fulham too with him on the field and TAA back out there. F***

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judging by how Liverpool like to keep things secret, either Amorim or Xabi have accepted the job and we all think that it’s over.

For me, if there's too much chatter about it I reckon it won't happen. These days we are pretty good at keeping things under wraps. Don't be surprised if a new manager is announced in June/July completely out of the blue.

We finally get Jota back, he scored a goal and gone again. That I think will spell the death of any feint hopes of somehow winning the league.

Sigh. Story of this season to be fair. On one hand we have no right to be anywhere near the title considering the rebuilding of the team and the crazy amount of injuries we have but on the other hand it's so frustrating that we just can't get over the line and Diogo is now out when we need him most.

Diogo is the ideal player against the PSR breacher's low block. Darwin is less effective when they play deep and thee is less space for him to run into.

I'd go for Gakpo at CF over Darwin tomorrow morning if I were Jurg and bring on Darwin for his pace against a hopefully tiring defense.

For me, if there's too much chatter about it I reckon it won't happen. These days we are pretty good at keeping things under wraps. Don't be surprised if a new manager is announced in June/July completely out of the blue.

Geez, I hope we have someone in place before July.

Also, on Jota, his style of play invites impact injuries - he's a honeypot for being fouled. I don't think it will ever change.

Salah injures his hamstring at AFCON, rehabs with the club and in his first appearance back, off the bench v. Brentford immediately re-injures his hamstring. Misses another month or so.

TAA has a knee injury, misses a few weeks, comes back for a couple of games looking nowhere near fit and then re-injures his knee missing 2 months.

Szobo starts the season on fire, gets a hamstring injury. Comes back for a few games and looks less than convincing, then re-injures his hamstring. Comes back again looking like a shadow of the player he was earlier and is currently warming the bench.

Am I getting repetitive?

Jota gets injured v Brentford has a looong rehab and gets injured in his first game as a starter.

Someone on here mentioned that whoever's in charge of our medical set up would be leaving the club at the end of the season. Hoo-bloody-ray. The first item on the agenda for the new manager (whoever that might be) is to thoroughly analyse what has gone wrong in the preparation of our players and completely revamp the process. Rant over.

I do not even know who this Slot person is

Our most successful managers in the past 30 years have been Rafa and Jurgen, those were already top managers by the time we hired them, who won big European leagues and at least made the finals of CL or won the UEFA Cup

Unfortunately this doesn't fit the bill

Conveniently he just won the Dutch KNVB Cup Final. Won the Eredivisie last year but 9 points behind this year
If he turns out like Ten Hag we try again with Alonso

Honestly I'd prefer Emery over him, even with his defensive frailties, but no way he moves from Villa

Last edited:
Conveniently he just won the Dutch KNVB Cup Final. Won the Eredivisie last year but 9 points behind this year
If he turns out like Ten Hag we try again with Alonso

Honestly I'd prefer Emery over him, even with his defensive frailties, but no way he moves from Villa
Alonso will go to Real Madrid later. Emery just re-signed with Villa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back