Golf The Bigfooty Official The Masters 2016 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

raises an interesting question. when is a putt not a putt? for example, at times ill be some 20m or more from the hole. im on the green, but its a loooonnnnnggggg putt. can i just say it's not a putt?
Ha. Anything on the green is a putt. In saying this, there is a green on one of the Tour events that has a bunker in the middle of the green. I have seen them chip on the green over the bunker. Not a good idea for hackers like myself.

Didn't think Day or Spieth could get the job done this year, neither hitting it with the precision required around Augusta. Day's short game has been phenomenal in recent weeks to get him his two wins, but it is more about shot making this week.

I didn't see Spieth's round this morning but it must have been phenomenal, and of the players out there today I reckon Shane Lowry hit it the best. The number of putts within 15 feet he missed, he could have had 7 or 8 under today. Again, he hasn't brought the kind of form into the tournament that gives the confidence he can maintain it over four rounds.

To that end, I had three bets for the top ten, all before the first round started.

Charl Schwartzel at $4.3 disappointed going 4 over for the last four holes. Will need to do something amazing to make the cut let alone make me some money.

Hideki Matsuyama was my second bet, again at $4.3. Very happy with his one under and hopefully can hang tough, he's playing well. He finished fifth last year with 11 under, shooting 66 in his final round.

Charlie Hoffman was my smokey, at $10 for the top 10. Finished 8 under last year after shooting 74 in the last round; he'll be better for that experience. Also brings solid form into the tournament and with a first round of 1 under am very happy with that. Noticed I could get $210 for the win after his round this morning; since the he has firmed to $170 . Was/am very tempted but will just stick with my original wagers and watch with interest.

In the last 10 holes Day has looked really uncertain with the putter I wonder if he's not adjusting for the wind or the increasing speed of the greens.

Too many ads! Hopefully Scott can finish off his round with another birdie or two.

Hard to pick a winner so far, conditions are meant to improve over the weekend so hopefully the scoring picks up a little bit.

Edit: Conditions meant to be windy again tomorrow!

In the last 10 holes Day has looked really uncertain with the putter I wonder if he's not adjusting for the wind or the increasing speed of the greens.

press the red button thingo isnt in HD is it? im watching it now and my eyes hurt.

Anyone catch Ernie Els miss another put inside 2 feet on the 1st today. Horrible.

gonna go out on limb and say he aint gonna make the cut

Too many ads! Hopefully Scott can finish off his round with another birdie or two.

Hard to pick a winner so far, conditions are meant to improve over the weekend so hopefully the scoring picks up a little bit.

Edit: Conditions meant to be windy again tomorrow!

agree, so many ads. and the same ones!

not convinced he'll be around that long.

Every iron uses a standard 6 iron shaft - bizarre horrid looking swing.
I think it shows there is still a place in the pro game for the unconventional golfer.

For him to go through a college scholarship program and to still be using the same setup tells me he has convinced some pretty handy coaches along the way.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more golfers take a similar approach, or at least try more unconventional things with their setup in future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back