FTA-TV The Block 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course they're gay, it's obvious.
Not sure if you're just taking the piss, but they aren't gay. Ben has a girlfriend, and there's been tweets recently from the block about Ben trying to find Andy a girlfriend.

Speaking of gay, well lesbians actually, I feel Julia & Sasha have pretty much given up, and are like 'meh' on this extra apartment. Dan & Carlene just s**t me to tears.

Not sure if you're just taking the piss, but they aren't gay. Ben has a girlfriend, and there's been tweets recently from the block about Ben trying to find Andy a girlfriend.

Speaking of gay, well lesbians actually, I feel Julia & Sasha have pretty much given up, and are like 'meh' on this extra apartment. Dan & Carlene just s**t me to tears.

Trust me, the word down corio is a bit of rumpy pumpy

As for the girls, New Idea a month ago said they split. That's a shame

Lol Andy and Ben are straight as a post. Not even sure why it matters, but still.

As I said, at least if they were a minority that maybe had to overcome some prejudice, their outgoing personalities would be more interesting.

The girls can * right off. Getting so far behind that the show has to get the builders to pull an all-nighter, then ******* off to dinner and leaving the builders to carry in their flooring.

Arrogant, delusional, self-centred moles. They treat the builders/trades like s**t, then cry and try to put the blame back on them for not doing enough to help them.

Julia is an absolutely worthless human being. Can't believe she accused the plasterer of ripping them off, after he saved their arses. Then having a cry because everyone thinks she's a dumb girl and nobody gives her respect.

Just * right off.

The girls can **** right off. Getting so far behind that the show has to get the builders to pull an all-nighter, then ******* off to dinner and leaving the builders to carry in their flooring.

Arrogant, delusional, self-centred moles. They treat the builders/trades like s**t, then cry and try to put the blame back on them for not doing enough to help them.

Julia is an absolutely worthless human being. Can't believe she accused the plasterer of ripping them off, after he saved their arses. Then having a cry because everyone thinks she's a dumb girl and nobody gives her respect.

Just **** right off.
Lol, love it :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you want to break up then join the block. I would love to know the stats on couples who survive the block.

Seems to be at least one couple bites the dust each season, before the season even finishes airing on tv.

Getting so far behind that the show has to get the builders to pull an all-nighter, then ******* off to dinner and leaving the builders to carry in their flooring.
So two women with no building skills are going to do what exactly? Stand around and make cups of tea? Is that a good way to spend their time? I agree the girls have switched off in this build, but as they stand to make no money from this apartment anyway, and Kim has made it so they get the least of everything out of spite, I think most people would do what they're doing. It's been clear from the start the girls need direction when it comes to doing stuff on site, and if no one told them to clean the area in the kitchen then how do you expect two inexperienced women to know.

So two women with no building skills are going to do what exactly? Stand around and make cups of tea? Is that a good way to spend their time? I agree the girls have switched off in this build, but as they stand to make no money from this apartment anyway, and Kim has made it so they get the least of everything out of spite, I think most people would do what they're doing. It's been clear from the start the girls need direction when it comes to doing stuff on site, and if no one told them to clean the area in the kitchen then how do you expect two inexperienced women to know.

There's some potentially sexist humour in there somewhere...

Surely common sense would tell you that if the builders need to build in your area, you would need to move the rubbish, tools etc from that area to physically give the builders space to work.

On such tight timelines it's not builders repsonbility to clean.

Surely common sense would tell you that if the builders need to build in your area, you would need to move the rubbish, tools etc from that area to physically give the builders space to work.

On such tight timelines it's not builders repsonbility to clean.

And even if that wasn't obvious, you would surely think "if we have time to go out for dinner there might be something else we should be doing instead, maybe we should ask".

You are joking right?

Who does have prior building skills? Everyone has had a crack, listened and learned from their trades and developed. Whereas the girls have expected to be carried the whole way because they are girls. The boys and Kim and Chris clearly have no styling experience, do they get Shaynna and Darren to come in and help them?

The girls have been told on multiple occasions to clean areas and they have ignored it, like its beneath them. And it's causes half their budget issues as they have had to pay qualified trades to clean up for them. They were told not to get the plasterer to do the fire check but they did anyway and also left him to clean their area. Then they have the nerve to accuse him of ripping them off.

You can say that they are getting no direction but they are both pissing off site too often. If you aren't totally under control, one person should be on-site at all times. Julia thinks she can run to Keith and Dan all the time, for s**t she should be doing herself. And finally they are getting jack of her.

Standing around making cups of tea? What was stopping them from carrying in the flooring like they were asked? Nothing. But instead they went to dinner, and Chris helped the builders, purely because he has respect for them. The girls were happy to be lazy and extend the builders night by a couple of hours. And have they contributed to any of the communal tasks?

And the budget thing is a crock because it doesn't take into account vouchers. Plus if nobody else wants to be treasurer, I'm all for that person getting some slight advantage for the time they have to invest. After all, it is a competition, as the girls said when they screwed Chris and Kim.

Long story short, it's a competition, don't go in and expect help. Even if you are just girls.

Even coming into the show with little or no experience, they have now been living on-site for 3 months surrounded by experienced tradies, designers etc and that intense accelerated learning would be equivalent to 1 - 1 1/2 years apprenticeship in some cases. Sasha would have a good idea what to do unlike princess Julia who was probably off getting her eyebrows plucked

Look, I don't disagree the girls have slackened off on this build, but like I said when they won't make money on it, then why should they care? They're going to get $2.4m for their apartment and make a tidy profit. They're going to get nothing for apartment 6, except maybe a few thousand more if they manage to place top 3. Then add the Kim&Chris led nastiness directed at them at every turn, I can't blame them for having a poor attitude to the build in apartment 6. But I do agree, they have a history of not doing things when asked, or only doing a half-ass job of it. I just think you're all being a bit mean in show that's edited to make things look worse than they are most of the time.

Look, I don't disagree the girls have slackened off on this build, but like I said when they won't make money on it, then why should they care? They're going to get $2.4m for their apartment and make a tidy profit. They're going to get nothing for apartment 6, except maybe a few thousand more if they manage to place top 3. Then add the Kim&Chris led nastiness directed at them at every turn, I can't blame them for having a poor attitude to the build in apartment 6. But I do agree, they have a history of not doing things when asked, or only doing a half-ass job of it. I just think you're all being a bit mean in show that's edited to make things look worse than they are most of the time.

If you win $20k and that comes off your reserve, that's $20k extra in your pocket. For the chance of an extra $20k in my pocket i would of not only cleaned the area my builders need to work, id carry their timber floor in for them and stay up all night helping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back