Current The Bunker Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Without getting too bunkerish.. we did look at this restaurant due to the location for blitz attack theories. Think end result was (correct me if wrong) didn’t own at the time - However, former employee loosing her life this way, even one not close to the family and just being a local would have definately discussed one would think... and would warrant attending a funeral.
I doubt he would attend. Even if the cops weren’t monitoring attendees, he would think it was too risky. If he wasn’t one of the thousands of people investigated, he probably kept as much out of the spotlight as possible. I just doubt that he was that bold.

Finally reading Bret's book and skipped ahead to read the chapter entitled "Satan", as you do. It mentions several times, from several different people, about BRE's "quirky sense of humour"?

I'm always fascinated by what people laugh at and even how they laugh, tells a lot about a person, I think anyway. Bet BRE made lots of "quirky" macabre comments about the CSK case, AND, enjoyed telling degrading "jokes" about women, particularly "dumb blonde" jokes?? "Outgoing" ?? Really?

One quote from the book...
Page 295
"He was outgoing and had a quirky sense of humour - he could have got any girl he wanted," one of his workmates said of him.

"Got any girl he wanted"? 😱

LAM, I'm also interested in the Claremont Speedway link with BRE and why this hasn't come out about his younger days and the people he knew from there that he saw regularly? And why that didn't come out in the trial, proves he knew Claremont area well and went there often when he was a teenager?🤔
I believe Judge Hall realized early on that the CSK trial would be too lengthy if every aspect of BRE's life was brought to court. Could he have discussed this with Yovich and Barbagello ???? and therefore only allowed information which was immediately relevant ? Would we have had the same out come if every aspect of BRE's life was brought to court? I think we would have. But did that decision make the trial fair and just? In all, this trial was bizarre in that very little information (but strong information) was presented.

Finally reading Bret's book and skipped ahead to read the chapter entitled "Satan", as you do. It mentions several times, from several different people, about BRE's "quirky sense of humour"?

I'm always fascinated by what people laugh at and even how they laugh, tells a lot about a person, I think anyway. Bet BRE made lots of "quirky" macabre comments about the CSK case, AND, enjoyed telling degrading "jokes" about women, particularly "dumb blonde" jokes?? "Outgoing" ?? Really?

One quote from the book...
Page 295
"He was outgoing and had a quirky sense of humour - he could have got any girl he wanted," one of his workmates said of him.

"Got any girl he wanted"? 😱
BBM - Well that statement is the total opposite of what we have been led to believe !! In the past we have been led to believe he was an introvert and socially awkward.

LAM, I'm also interested in the Claremont Speedway link with BRE and why this hasn't come out about his younger days and the people he knew from there that he saw regularly? And why that didn't come out in the trial, proves he knew Claremont area well and went there often when he was a teenager?🤔
We've been told he did like going to the Claremont speedway. If he went with a mate, they probably went for a drink, then home.

When you think about it, whatever BRE did, either after work or on weekends, whenever he was alone and given the opportunity, he probably spent the time prowling. There are shopping centre car parks, the Gosnells train station etc, driving along and randomly stopping to perform an indecent act – back then there was no phone cameras or CCTV. Driving around in the work vehicle, or out and about prowling on foot. In certain areas, there would have been spates of people who had reported a dark-haired guy/man. Whilst searching the police database they probably noticed incidents of prowling in different areas. Looking at the photos BRE’s always had the same haircut, and his hair is dark, so it doesn't take much to work out it was probably creepy BRE.

The police won’t delve into those matters because it creates more work. BRE has already managed to make a huge mockery of the police force. Thinking the police will only bury deep, anything else he’s done.

Last edited:
BBM - Well that statement is the total opposite of what we have been led to believe !! In the past we have been led to believe he was an introvert and socially awkward.
I recall reading quite a few accounts that did not have BRE as an introvert or socially awkward in his post teenage years. Maybe you have ignored these zedX or are only remembering how he was described in his childhood and teenage years.

You dont charm women into your car by been socially awkward....Bundy proved that.

We've been told he did like going to the Claremont speedway. If he went with a mate, they probably went for a drink, then home.

When you think about it, whatever BRE did, either after work or on weekends, whenever he was alone and given the opportunity, he probably spent the time prowling. There are shopping centre car parks, the Gosnells train station etc, driving along and randomly stopping to perform an indecent act – back then there was no phone cameras or CCTV. Driving around in the work vehicle, or out and about prowling on foot. In certain areas, there would have been spates of people who had reported a dark-haired guy/man. Whilst searching the police database they probably noticed incidents of prowling in different areas. Looking at the photos BRE’s always had the same haircut, and his hair is dark, so it doesn't take much to work out it was probably creepy BRE.

The police won’t delve into those matters because it creates more work. BRE has already managed to make a huge mockery of the police force. Thinking the police will only bury deep, anything else he’s done.

You're right there LAM about police not wanting more work. Bet they've had so many things coming out of the woodwork lately and I don't mean these little critters, giphy (10).gif talented though they may be!

Bradley has until Wednesday to appeal after the State has rejected any more legal aid for him and he would have to fund it personally. Sale of the Kewdale home is set aside for his original bill so he cant even use that. Times nearly up Bradley, it's not looking good!!

I recall reading quite a few accounts that did not have BRE as an introvert or socially awkward in his post teenage years. Maybe you have ignored these zedX or are only remembering how he was described in his childhood and teenage years.
Opinions about people are subjective. Predictions about their success with women can easily be incorrect. There are guys who appear confident and are attractive but can’t seal the deal at the last moment when chatting up women. Plus if you are hanging around Claremont, being a Telstra technician isn’t so impressive. Not all women are so vacuous as to fall for a guy who is attractive and confident without fulfilling various other criteria. I presume he was probably attractive and reasonably sociable but not exceptionally so. He may seem like it in small talk or in superficial relationships like as work colleagues but when trying to seduce attractive, sophisticated women, he may have gotten sick of the rejection.

I could be completely wrong though, as I never met BRE. Maybe he was a charmer.

Anyway, didn’t BRE have a partner at the time of some of the offences? I guess a guy who wanted instant gratification in order to deal with stress didn’t want to to deal with the formalities of courtship even if he was capable of attracting women.

Last edited:
Must be my bad memory - I recall very few comments saying he was out going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must be my bad memory - I recall very few comments saying he was out going.
I never said he was outgoing.
Personalities are not just black and white
That is way too simplistic
introvert v extrovert. there are things in between
social awkward v confident. there are things in between.

How would you describe the typical laid back Aussie bloke in terms of
introvert v extrovert.
social awkward v confident ?

No need to enter a huge debate on this.
I'm just trying to bulldoze the simplistic black v white traits ppl are trying to assign.

Just because some one is socially awkward doesn't mean they cant turn on the charm for devious intentions.
As BRE was described as being socially awkward whilst a teenager, perhaps at some point he decided to do something about it. He may have even gone to public speaking, and taken on the role at Little Athletics to help improve his confidence. After the HH attack, Telstra management may have decided he needs to improve on his customer service skills, addressing it through his yearly development plan. There's lots of courses for assertiveness and customer service, perhaps he did some of those. Especially when asked about the HH incident, and possibly tried to put the blame on Wendy.

Whoever helped BRE gain his confidence, just helped to create a more sociable monster. People who are narcissistic, don't change for the better, they just find a more efficient way to become more devious.

I never said he was outgoing.
Personalities are not just black and white
That is way too simplistic
introvert v extrovert. there are things in between
social awkward v confident. there are things in between.

How would you describe the typical laid back Aussie bloke in terms of
introvert v extrovert.
social awkward v confident ?

No need to enter a huge debate on this.
I'm just trying to bulldoze the simplistic black v white traits ppl are trying to assign.
I was raised by bogans so I'm not the best person to answer that

Is BRE going to want his family to risk putting their own money into a trial appeal?

His family might get a much better ROI using some of those $ to financially support BRE 2nd wife and her daughter.

Or even better, create a trust for $ to be distributed to those in need of financial support, who are either living victims or close family of deceased victims of BRE.

(BRE would need to make admissions about all his victims, not just those from the trial that actually were his, for his family $ to go to those all that deserve and need then most).

Is BRE going to want his family to risk putting their own money into a trial appeal?

His family might get a much better ROI using some of those $ to financially support BRE 2nd wife and her daughter.

Or even better, create a trust for $ to be distributed to those in need of financial support, who are either living victims or close family of deceased victims of BRE.

(BRE would need to make admissions about all his victims, not just those from the trial that actually were his, for his family $ to go to those all that deserve and need then most).
The family may feel some sort of relief, knowing where he is.

BRE would still have some super, perhaps they might tap into some of that. He won't be needing his super.

Wife2 would be entitled to a percentage of it too.

As BRE was described as being socially awkward whilst a teenager, perhaps at some point he decided to do something about it. He may have even gone to public speaking, and taken on the role at Little Athletics to help improve his confidence. After the HH attack, Telstra management may have decided he needs to improve on his customer service skills, addressing it through his yearly development plan. There's lots of courses for assertiveness and customer service, perhaps he did some of those. Especially when asked about the HH incident, and possibly tried to put the blame on Wendy.

Whoever helped BRE gain his confidence, just helped to create a more sociable monster. People who are narcissistic, don't change for the better, they just find a more efficient way to become more devious.
Alcohol helps

The Premier Mark McGowan is currently making a statement that WA has gone into Lockdown. There's been Covid outbreaks in Midland and Maylands WA.

The children are supposed to go back to school tomorrow, when I told them they won't be going back yet, they were unbelievably happy.
I suppose we need to make the best of the situation. At least we've got a good supply of toilet paper.

What's the number of persons at any one time limit for this Bunker under WA's 5 day COVID-19 lockdown?

in these hermetic conditions,
i think a Qcode should suffice.

but hey, while i'm here, a touch of humor from half way through 2020 when, masked and gloved up, i visited the local petrol station.
exchanging pleasantries with the friendly young cashier behind the counter, i glanced at what i first thought to be his name badge ... and i thought to myself, WHO in their bloody right mind would have called their kid "Covid" (Covid Marshall)
we had a laugh at my near blonde moment, and chatted about Callum Murray before i left the building

imho

The Premier Mark McGowan is currently making a statement that WA has gone into Lockdown. There's been Covid outbreaks in Midland and Maylands WA.

The children are supposed to go back to school tomorrow, when I told them they won't be going back yet, they were unbelievably happy.
I suppose we need to make the best of the situation. At least we've got a good supply of toilet paper.
I guess BRE won’t be getting any visitors during that time. If Perth had the lockdowns in the past that other states have had, his past year would have been even more lonely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back