Leongatha Mushroom Deaths - VIC *Erin Patterson charged with 3 counts of murder & 2 attempts

Remove this Banner Ad

Not every murder has a motive.
When he pulled out of the murderous meal, Erin might have got spooked into thinking that he'd sussed her out and was about to press for charges against her for trying to kill him with poison previously, and thought she'd go out swinging by taking out as many of his family as she could in revenge. Maybe she also thought that might get her kids more of his families inheritance sooner than later.

Yes of course. However, the motive proposed for the poisonings is that her ex husband was the target.

I'm not suggesting that this is true, or that she even knew there were poisonous mushrooms in her house, or that she knowingly fed them to anyone. That is why I questioned the purported motive for the alleged crime.
Proposed by who?

I haven’t seen any motive proposed? Or even that Simon was a target?
I agree, no motive that we know of. Simon seems to have more motive as I’m sure there would be some kind of inheritance.

So if Erin is truly guilty , no motive then surely there is some kind of personality disorder?

Proposed by who?
"Of the charges, the three counts of murder and two of the attempted murder charges relate to the July 29 lunch, after which her former in-laws, Don and Gail Patterson, and Gail's sister Heather Wilkinson fell ill and later died.
[snip]
Charge sheets show police have accused Erin Patterson of the attempted murder of Mr Wilkinson and her estranged husband, Simon Patterson, on the date of the beef Wellington lunch.

She also faces three counts of attempting to murder Simon Patterson between November 2021 and September 2022."

"Of the charges, the three counts of murder and two of the attempted murder charges relate to the July 29 lunch, after which her former in-laws, Don and Gail Patterson, and Gail's sister Heather Wilkinson fell ill and later died.
[snip]
Charge sheets show police have accused Erin Patterson of the attempted murder of Mr Wilkinson and her estranged husband, Simon Patterson, on the date of the beef Wellington lunch.

She also faces three counts of attempting to murder Simon Patterson between November 2021 and September 2022."
So where has a motive been proposed, and by who?

No clear motive for murder, however there is an obvious motive for covering up a terrible mistake ie losing custody of the children.

[snip]

Oh right, gotcha. So the attempted murder charges on Simon are all before the beef Wellington dinner.

Oh right, gotcha. So the attempted murder charges on Simon are all before the beef Wellington dinner.
"Charge sheets show police have accused Erin Patterson of the attempted murder of Mr Wilkinson and her estranged husband, Simon Patterson, on the date of the beef Wellington lunch."

So if the report is correct, that is 4 attempted murder charges of her husband in total. So silly of me to think he was the target!!

No clear motive for murder
Maybe some of Simon's family had evidence that might be useful for a successful prosecution of Erin for allegedly attempting to murder Simon in 2021/2022. Surely that would be a potential motive for Erin attempting to silence some of Simon's family by murdering them at that fateful family meal Simon pulled out of.

I'm pretty shocked that it takes me to post this bleeding obvious motive in a crime thread like thus.

Maybe some of Simon's family had evidence that might be useful for a successful prosecution of Erin for allegedly attempting to murder Simon in 2021/2022. Surely that would be a potential motive for Erin attempting to silence some of Simon's family by murdering them at that fateful family meal Simon pulled out of.

I'm pretty shocked that it takes me to post this bleeding obvious motive in a crime thread like thus.
Maybe.....maybe lots of things, lots of theories. What I was meaning to say is a clear motive hasn't been made public by police at this stage. We can all come up with motives but until there is a trial and supportive evidence then we don't clearly know the motive....if there is one... and if she did this deliberately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Charge sheets show police have accused Erin Patterson of the attempted murder of Mr Wilkinson and her estranged husband, Simon Patterson, on the date of the beef Wellington lunch."

So if the report is correct, that is 4 attempted murder charges of her husband in total. So silly of me to think he was the target!!

There is no 'proposed motive' in those words. A motive implies a reason to try and kill him, not simply the charge for an attempt to kill him.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong on this, but before a charge of (attempted) murder is made there must be means, opportunity and MOTIVE!

Wow, do you read your own posts? You're the one saying there's a 'proposed motive'! What is this 'proposed motive'. There is literally NO MOTIVE listed in the charges.

A motive is an actual REASON for the actions, not the actions themselves.. Where is it mentioned? Nowhere in the charges.

You seem to make these obtuse observations in nearly every thread, which apparently only you can see.

So yes you're wrong. Again.

Enjoy your evening.

Wow, do you read your own posts? You're the one saying there's a 'proposed motive'! What is this 'proposed motive'. There is literally NO MOTIVE listed in the charges.

A motive is an actual REASON for the actions, not the actions themselves.. Where is it mentioned? Nowhere in the charges.

You seem to make these obtuse observations in nearly every thread, which apparently only you can see.

So yes you're wrong. Again.

Enjoy your evening.
We'll see mate.

Have a lovely day.

So there’s 4? What were the 3 times before I wonder?

You sound hangry. Want to come over for some beef Wellington?

Why did they consider it safe to go eat her food, if they suspected her of poisoning Simon?

I agree, no motive that we know of. Simon seems to have more motive as I’m sure there would be some kind of inheritance.

So if Erin is truly guilty , no motive then surely there is some kind of personality disorder?
The husband set her up? Wouldn't that be an interesting twist!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back