Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
Yet police say he acted alone are not looking for any other offender in connection to this crime.
This indicates police do not believe there is a bikie/organised crime connection.
Interesting, in the beginning, the police believe one or more parties were involved in the disappearance of Samantha Murphy. I still think with a three-hour time frame, from when she disappeared to when the police were called. I think it was planned beforehand, and I feel someone else/ others know. POS is not talking, so I don't know how certain the VICPOL could be

Interesting, in the beginning, the police believe one or more parties were involved in the disappearance of Samantha Murphy. I still think with a three-hour time frame, from when she disappeared to when the police were called. I think it was planned beforehand, and I feel someone else/ others know. POS is not talking, so I don't know how certain the VICPOL could be

They actually said, “we do think that another party is involved, whether that be one person or multiple”.

They didn’t say either say either in that interview, there’s no inference they were looking for more than one.

Last edited:
They actually said, “we do think that another party is involved, whether that be one person multiple”.

They didn’t say either say either in that interview, there’s no inference they were looking for more than one.
That quote is from 23 Feb. Referring to "another person" means a person other than Samantha, not a person other than POS who was not in the frame at the time of that interview.

The later police interview after POS arrest clearly states they are not looking for anyone else (other than POS).

That quote is from 23 Feb. Referring to "another person" means a person other than Samantha, not a person other than POS who was not in the frame at the time of that interview.

The later police interview after POS arrest clearly states they are not looking for anyone else (other than POS).
Exactly, once they had POS, they needed no more. We’re on the same page

The interview was predicated on the fact they though it was murder, and someone else was involved.

Police believe more than one person may be involved in the disappearance of missing Victorian mum Samantha Murphy.

The VICPOL arrested POS seven weeks ago and mentioned that then, but the situation might have changed now, especially when he's not talking. If that was the case, the VICPOL will be keeping quiet, especially if they have a crown witness to the case

Police believe more than one person may be involved in the disappearance of missing Victorian mum Samantha Murphy.
I have not seen any statement from police which says that. Where are you getting that information? Your source is dated February 8th - WAY before POS was arrested. At the last press conference they specifically said they were not looking for anyone else.

Last edited:
I have not seen any statement from police which says that. Where are you getting that information? Your source is dated February 8th - WAY before POS was arrested. At the last press conference they specifically said they were not looking for anyone else.
The police aren't going to tell everything If they are looking at anyone else. A lot can happen in a month as well

The VICPOL arrested POS seven weeks ago and mentioned that then, but the situation might have changed now, especially when he's not talking. If that was the case, the VICPOL will be keeping quiet, especially if they have a crown witness to the case
You've got your timeline wrong. Early on they said they were looking for "one or more" then after the arrest of POS they said they weren't looking for anyone else.

It's pretty straightforward

This is repeatedly incorrect, there is nothing to support . Why peddle it so much?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back