Current Olympian Melissa Hoskins husband charged with her death

Remove this Banner Ad

'Run down' and 'hit' by a stationary vehicle is an interesting interpretation.

Willingly jumping on the bonnet will be the mitigating circumstance here.

Actually you raise a very good point.

How do we know Kurve can do this?

This is a crime forum so we are going to have to see the evidence or dismiss her claim
as heresay.

Here you go, I reckon Melissa Hoskins could have managed it easy if I'm not sure this is what she did.

Reported today in the Advertiser...

Police will allege Hoskins jumped on to the bonnet of the car & grabbed the door handle.
Officers will allege Dennis continued to drive until she fell to the ground.
Detectives believe she may have been dragged some distance.
It's believed some of the incident was caught on neighbour's security cameras.

If Dennis did continue to drive after she fell to the ground, dragging her body, he's looking at a significant jail term.
He did. He had no intention of stopping.

I have it from a reliable source it was deliberate and they may be able to prove it. When she was on the car he intentionally kept driving. It is all adding up now. He is ****ed.

Now it is a matter of proving he did it.

Melissa was the nicest person you could ever have met.

I was on the fence but not anymore. He is scum. He has been violent before too btw. More mentally

Last edited:
Looking at the available pictures and news footage it would appear the ute was driven in an Easterly direction from the properties rear entrance on Medindie Lane, turned left onto Avenel Gardens Rd at which point she ended up 20m from that intersection, a distance of around 100m in total.
From that you'd have to assume she's jumped on the bonnet from the passenger side (side the rear gate/garage is on) and therefore may have fallen off that side which would explain how she ended up on the left side of the road.
Medindie lane is fairly narrow in that section and devoid of street lighting so its possible he didnt see her once she fell from the bonnet.

He attended the funeral in Perth today

Ms Hoskins’ husband Rohan Dennis sat solemnly throughout the service in a corner of the chapel, standing briefly with the couple’s children to join mourners placing rosemary atop her coffin.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He attended the funeral in Perth today

Ms Hoskins’ husband Rohan Dennis sat solemnly throughout the service in a corner of the chapel, standing briefly with the couple’s children to join mourners placing rosemary atop her coffin.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know he's taken his children to their mother's funeral but if guilty or thought to be guilty I find it extraordinary that he was there.

If he knows himself that he's done it, he's the biggest campaigner in the country for going, or he and the family know exactly what's happened and were ok with him being there.

I know he's taken his children to their mother's funeral but if guilty or thought to be guilty I find it extraordinary that he was there.

If he knows himself that he's done it, he's the biggest campaigner in the country for going, or he and the family know exactly what's happened and were ok with him being there.
Charged with causing his wife's death by dangerous driving, driving without due care, and endangering life. No DV, murder or manslaughter charges. Turned away from the funeral by an usher but allowed in the back entrance. It's all a bit weird so far. regardless, the risk to her wellbeing when she jumped on the bonnet is obvious and he should have just stopped. He's going down.

Last edited:
Charged with charged with causing his wife's death by dangerous driving, driving without due care, and endangering life. No DV, murder or manslaughter charges. Turned away from the funeral by an usher but allowed in the back entrance. It's all a bit weird so far. regardless, the risk to her wellbeing when she jumped on the bonnet is obvious and he should have just stopped. He's going down.

I think this is a really balanced take that sums it up well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similar case. The pair had arguments before Ms Jordan threw herself on the bonnet of O'Connell's ute to try and stop him from leaving, the judge finding he continued to drive until she fell off. O'Connell blamed her erratic behaviour, which the judge essentially put down to victim blaming. He got fifteen years.

But Justice Belinda Baker found he was aware of her presence on the vehicle.

Justice Baker told the court when Ms Jordan fell off, O'Connell picked her up off the road and drove her to hospital where he went on to give false accounts of how the victim suffered her injuries to both hospital staff and her family.

"It's clear the offender provided these false accounts out of a desire to protect himself," Justice Baker said.

Justice Baker said the offender was not remorseful and he blamed the victim for what O'Connell called "a tragic accident", claiming her murder resulted from her "irrational" behaviour.

"His distress for her loss is not remorse," Justice Baker said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back