Current Olympian Melissa Hoskins husband charged with her death

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay now that makes sense. She jumps on car bonnet (hardly seems like a good idea but let’s not go there), he reverses quickly, she falls off and the rest is history.
Do you get that the bonnet is the front of the car??

When she jumped on the bonnet I could see how his impulse and instinct is to remove yourself from that situation. Someone jumping on your bonnet to restrain you is a dangerous person. I'd drive off too. But then at what point do you realise ok I better stop I don't want to accidentally hurt or kill the person. Maybe he didn't know she was still on the car/on the side/behind/caught, and that's why he travelled a distance before he either felt something or visibly seen her again. Will still see jail time

I am struggling to come up with a reason she was the one jumping on the bonnet to stop him from leaving.

It’s probably important to keep an open mind here until more facts are known.
Possible he was driving off and she jumped into the way to stop him and ended up on the bonnet. All pure speculation of course. Im staggered he got bail

He got police bail too which seems to suggest that it is more accident than deliberate.

Not good anyway. Poor kids having this over their head every Xmas.
I always think how unfathomably devastating it must be for the families when there's a DV murder. Having the victim and the perpetrator as a family member must be incomprehinsible

The news.com.au report says she may have been dragged some distance. Doesn't sound like she fell off when he reversed, more like he was trying to shake her off and she got caught under when she lost her grip.

Yeah thats my read on it too (on the very early info we have).

I am struggling to come up with a reason she was the one jumping on the bonnet to stop him from leaving.

I’ve pondered this too. All I can come up with is ; a) he’s the one who wanted to leave the relationship and she went psycho b) he had the kids or something of hers in the car c) he was threatening self harm or threatening to go harm another person or d) alcohol or drug affected.

Although if it was d) you’d think that would form part of the charges.

Another interesting aspect is that various articles say teenagers stopped to render assistance but no mention that he did?

I doubt it was to stop him leaving per se but she may have got angry and jumped on the boot for other reasons. We know they just moved into the house and its a multimillion dollar property so thats a big thing to fight over if they were possibly about to break up (this is all speculation). Its possible they argued over the assets etc, he goes to leave, yells at her about legal stuff and she feels enraged and thats why she jumped on the car, it might not have been about trying to stop him to leave at all. If there is any cctv on that street or forensic evidence that will tell a lot here i think and this whole case will be based on that.

Maybe she was angry and trying to stop him from leaving. Or he took something?

I did it once to my husband as a joke, sprawled all over his bonnet like I was a supermodel then when he told me to get off, did a blowfish face on the windscreen, then he got really mad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When she jumped on the bonnet I could see how his impulse and instinct is to remove yourself from that situation. Someone jumping on your bonnet to restrain you is a dangerous person. I'd drive off too. But then at what point do you realise ok I better stop I don't want to accidentally hurt or kill the person. Maybe he didn't know she was still on the car/on the side/behind/caught, and that's why he travelled a distance before he either felt something or visibly seen her again. Will still see jail time

She was on the bonnet - in front of him. Not sure how he wouldn't know she was still there?

She was on the bonnet - in front of him. Not sure how he wouldn't know she was still there?
Yeah but did she slip off the bonnet and so he kept going unaware that she was actually still caught on something or dragging behind? Idk I'm just thinking of reasons as to why he may keep going or she was on the bonnet the whole time and he just kept going and did it on purpose. Interesting to hear his account and if any witnesses or house surveillance footage that will get to the truth.

Yeah but did she slip off the bonnet and so he kept going unaware that she was actually still caught on something or dragging behind? Idk I'm just thinking of reasons as to why he may keep going or she was on the bonnet the whole time and he just kept going and did it on purpose. Interesting to hear his account and if any witnesses or house surveillance footage that will get to the truth.
I think she probably slipped off the bonnet & was run over, given she didn't survive the injuries.

No chance. If a stick or something is caught under your car you hear it. You'd feel a bag of rubbish or something if you were dragging it. I don't even want to describe the next part of this thought

No chance. If a stick or something is caught under your car you hear it. You'd feel a bag of rubbish or something if you were dragging it. I don't even want to describe the next part of this thought

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines.

Well done to those teenagers for trying to assist, would have likely been extremely confronting.

There was some mention of her trying to open a door or something but I'm wondering if she's tried to lean in and take his car keys, fallen off and been dragged under it.

Agree, no chance he didn't know she was under it, if she could have been killed within seconds.

Statement from Melissa’s parents with no mention of their son in law and that her funeral will be held with them in Perth.

Ms Hoskins' parents said they are still trying to come to terms with their horrific loss.

'Words cannot convey our grief, sadness and the tragic circumstances of Melissa's passing,' they said in a statement.

'Myself, Amanda, Jess and families, are utterly devastated and still struggling to process what has happened.

'Not only have we lost a daughter and sister, her children have lost their mum, a freewheeling spirit, a giver with a big heart, patience and zest for life.

'She was the rock of their life and ours and we need to honour her memory so they can grow up knowing who she was, what she stood for and what she gave to everyone whose life she touched.

They added that Ms Hoskins' funeral will be held in Perth with a memorial service in Adelaide after the Tour Down Under.

'We now need to deal with our grief privately and will be making no further comments. We ask that media please respect our privacy and that of Melissa's children,' the statement read.

And despite the headline Rohan hasn’t broken his silence but his 2 mates told DM to stop taking photos of the kids which is more then reasonable.

Seems their relationship has had problems before.

Rohan Dennis has said while he had issues with his former team, Bahrain Merida, and it broke promises that were made to him, his fear that his relationship with his wife would end was the main reason he suddenly abandoned the Tour de France last year (2019)

The two-time world TT champion said he ultimately feared he would end up divorced and living alone less than a year after his first child was born.

He has told the Home Roads podcast, with Matt Barbet, that his wife had a very frank conversation with him before the Tour and had said some things that were not easy for him to hear.

”He explained that had he continued with his approach to cycling at that time, rather than re-set his career, he feared the break-up for his marriage, to former pro rider Melissa Hoskins.”

There was some mention of her trying to open a door or something but I'm wondering if she's tried to lean in and take his car keys, fallen off and been dragged under it.

Agree, no chance he didn't know she was under it, if she could have been killed within seconds.

I think trying to stop him from driving as he’s threatened self harm, to harm the kids or taken some valuable possessions with him seems the most logical explanation at the moment.

There is no logical explanation for not rendering assistance. There is no way you don’t know you’ve run over someone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back