Current Olympian Melissa Hoskins husband charged with her death

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Drives one of those giant 4wds, also a hothead, maybe he didn’t know he ran over the wife? Source: I’ve hit plenty of cars without knowing it and im also a hothead who kinda can’t see things when he’s raging. Those cars are like tanks.

2. +1 on wife melts and jumps
on car, husband melts and doesn’t stop theory.

Makes me wonder how complicit the wife was in this accident, legally. Because jumping on a car especially if it was in motion is presumably quite dangerous.

3. Lot of cash in cycling? who knew.

4. I always get suspicious of families who post happy photos of everyone around the chrimbo tree etc. its fake as *. All these newspapers showing these two so happy together! Well that looks like a lot of crap now hey. See it a lot in dv cases.

It’s not the first time Rohan Dennis has been implicated in a domestic violence incident with Melissa Hoskins. RD wasn’t named at the time, but iirc there were only 3 Australian professional cyclists living in La Massana when the incident occurred – One was overseas racing, the other (Damian Howson) publicly stated that he and his wife were not involved in the incident, and the third stayed very quiet:

the precedent of violence, depression- -

3. Lot of cash in cycling? who knew.

It's very unequal, at the top end there's good money. He's won stages at all three major grand tours with plenty of good results at other races, was a World Time Trial Champion (twice) plus has Olympic Bronze and Comm Games Gold medal. He'd have done pretty well out of cycling.

He'd have been on decent AFL player type money I'd guess?

At the bottom end of the pro-tour the money is pretty average though.

Meanwhile back to the crime discussion...

It's very unequal, at the top end there's good money. He's won stages at all three major grand tours with plenty of good results at other races, was a World Time Trial Champion (twice) plus has Olympic Bronze and Comm Games Gold medal. He'd have done pretty well out of cycling.

He'd have been on decent AFL player type money I'd guess?

At the bottom end of the pro-tour the money is pretty average though.

Meanwhile back to the crime discussion...
Reported to be on €1.5 million annually (~$2.5M) while at Ineos.

Statement from Melissa’s parents with no mention of their son in law and that her funeral will be held with them in Perth.

Ms Hoskins' parents said they are still trying to come to terms with their horrific loss.

'Words cannot convey our grief, sadness and the tragic circumstances of Melissa's passing,' they said in a statement.

'Myself, Amanda, Jess and families, are utterly devastated and still struggling to process what has happened.

'Not only have we lost a daughter and sister, her children have lost their mum, a freewheeling spirit, a giver with a big heart, patience and zest for life.

'She was the rock of their life and ours and we need to honour her memory so they can grow up knowing who she was, what she stood for and what she gave to everyone whose life she touched.

They added that Ms Hoskins' funeral will be held in Perth with a memorial service in Adelaide after the Tour Down Under.

'We now need to deal with our grief privately and will be making no further comments. We ask that media please respect our privacy and that of Melissa's children,' the statement read.

And despite the headline Rohan hasn’t broken his silence but his 2 mates told DM to stop taking photos of the kids which is more then reasonable.

While I don't have any sympathy for him if it's a deliberate act (seems so on the surface), I wish the media would stop acting like vultures (forlorn hope I know). Sure harass him when it goes to court, but if the 2 kids were there, just p1ss off from the house. He's not going to answer anything anyway, are a bunch of clicks and looking like a pathetic ambulance chaser worth it? Oh yeah, Daily Mail - so there's my answer. 😡

I’m hearing she didn’t jump on the car when it was in motion.

She jumped on when it was stationary to try and prevent him from leaving for reasons unknown.

Allegedly he’s then taken off, she’s grabbed the door handle in an attempt to hold on but fell off and was dragged under and even then he has kept going for a certain distance.

All allegedly. All rumours.

I don’t know what to make of it all. It’s awful if this was a terrible accident when they were both arguing and he’s the subject of rumours when he may well be feeling absolutely terrible and grief stricken.

Meanwhile this poor woman is deceased and the poor kids without mum. Terrible all round.

Maybe, but when she falls off the car you stop.

Absolutely. Unless he's panicked and hit the wrong pedal. Unlikely, but the circumstances sadly lend themselves to so many scenarios and speculation. Doubt we'll know much specific detail until the initial court date, but I'm sure the DM will keep the speculation going to fill the void.

It’s not the first time Rohan Dennis has been implicated in a domestic violence incident with Melissa Hoskins.
Sounds like Melissa was pretty messed up. Not only staying with your abuser but tryna jump on his car while he’s driving off, she shoulda packed his bags and waved him away.

Feel a bit icky that his kids are with him still.

It’s not the first time Rohan Dennis has been implicated in a domestic violence incident with Melissa Hoskins. RD wasn’t named at the time, but iirc there were only 3 Australian professional cyclists living in La Massana when the incident occurred – One was overseas racing, the other (Damian Howson) publicly stated that he and his wife were not involved in the incident, and the third stayed very quiet:

the precedent of violence, depression- -
I'm surprised this hasn't hit the local papers yet.

The Italian press wouldn't be bound by any legal issues, and seem pretty matter of fact about what happened compared to what is being reported locally.

Sounds like Melissa was pretty messed up. Not only staying with your abuser but tryna jump on his car while he’s driving off, she shoulda packed his bags and waved him away.

Feel a bit icky that his kids are with him still.
You’re just guessing. Probably best to stop this rubbish until we find out the facts.

You’re just guessing. Probably best to stop this rubbish until we find out the facts.
Is it not a fact she jumped on his car bonnet?

Sounds pretty messed up to me sorry.

Edit: link another dude posted about the dv incident in 2021 sounds pretty fact-y too.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Domestic violence incident in 2021..?
If you’re referring to the link above, it says more about him than her.

Saying she’s messed up for jumping on a bonnet is a stretch when we don’t really know what’s occurred.

Like I said, if everyone who’s done something stupid in their life is messed up, then the entire population - yourself included - is messed up.

Not really a controversial opinion to say if your partner is violent, and you stay with them, something is a bit wrong.

It is controversial because we have a better understanding now of why women often stay beyond what some might think is reasonable.

Leaving a man too, is always the most dangerous time for them. Pregnancy too can flip things rapidly.

Not really a controversial opinion to say if your partner is violent, and you stay with them, something is a bit wrong.
Life is just so simple for you isn't it...

We have a better understanding now of why women often stay beyond what some might think is reasonable.
Yes of course.

Leaving a man too, is always the most dangerous time for them.
Yes this is also true.

Which begs the question why was Melissa literally climbing on the vehicle to stop him leaving?

Sure is!
Not super priviliged compared to some, but happy, healthy and living quite comfortably thank you very much :)
Perhaps donate some of your time to a DV shelter to get some life learnings...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back