Current Murder of Luke Davies & Jesse Baird AFL Goal Umpire & ex Ch 10 Presenter * Stalker Cop Charged

Remove this Banner Ad

TIMELINE

Thursday 16 February:
Service revolver obtained for user pays event. Was stored at mother's as per regulations.

Sunday 19 February: User pays event.

Monday 20 February: The murders at Baird's Paddington rental.

Monday 19 February: Police have alleged gunshots were heard from a house in Paddington, Sydney in the morning. Four minutes after the first shots were fired there was a 000 call made from Jessie's phone around 9.45am, but it disconnected. Police said there was "no communication" during that call.

Monday evening: Police have alleged Lamarre-Condon hired a white Hiace van from Sydney Airport.

Tuesday 20 February: Police have alleged that partial admissions were made by Lamarre-Condon to an acquaintance of having been involved in the death of two individuals.

Service revolver was returned to Balmain & later transferred to original storage.

Wednesday 21 February: Bloodied clothing belonging to both victims and an $8000 watch were found in a skip bin in the southern Sydney suburb of Cronulla. Police launch a missing persons investigation and the homicide unit is notified

Later same Wednesday: Police have alleged Lamarre-Condon attended the Bungonia area with an acquaintance who police believed assisted him in purchasing an angle grinder and padlock from a local hardware store in that area, before driving to a rural property in Bungonia.

Police said the "small" angle grinder was used to sever a padlock from the gate of that particular rural property and then that padlock was replaced with a padlock purchased from the hardware store.

The acquaintance was left at the top of the property for 30 minutes. The accused disappeared for that period in the Hiace van, returning to pick up the acquaintance and then they returned to Sydney later that afternoon. Police said the acquaintance was assisting them in their inquiries, that she is not a suspect, and they believe she was an "innocent agent".

Wednesday 11pm: Police have said that evening, weights were purchased from a department store by the accused and it is believed that the accused returned to that rural property overnight and during that evening, having also acquired two torches from the acquaintance.

Thursday 22 February: Police have alleged they can place the accused leaving the Bungonia area again at 4.30am. "It would appear that the accused has remained in the city area, still in control of the white Hiace van, before attending a further acquaintance's premises in the Newcastle area and without fully disclosing any criminality, asked access to a hose to clean that van," Hudson said.

Friday 23 February: At 10.39am, Lamarre-Condon presents himself at Bondi Police Station where he was arrested and subsequently charged.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think it's unreasonable for any recruitment process to essentially diagnose a mental illness when it can sometimes take a qualified psychiatrist weeks to years to determine an accurate diagnosis for many mental health disorders.
And even then, they sometimes get it wrong, or miss where there is a combination of different disorders.

That's not to say that in LC's case there were not things in his behaviour, history etc which could have been seen as red flags, highlighted and needed further scrutiny.
Might things that in hindsight, or even plain sight, appear to us as red flags, have been seen as, or been self-marketed as a positive during the Police recruitment process, and for promotional opportunities, or any enforced internal redeployment?

Attributes like tenacity, never giving up, goal oriented, and self-confident.

His ability to get involved in potentially dangerous situations without fear.

Or even his ability to infiltrate and con his way into things, be involved in overseas ops, and being able to understand the mindset of, and detect a dangerous stalker or fixated person, for use in work in future potential opportunities to work undercover, or protecting VIPs and celebs.

Might things that in hindsight, or even plain sight, appear to us as red flags, have been seen as, or been self-marketed as a positive during the Police recruitment process, and for promotional opportunities, or any enforced internal redeployment?

Attributes like tenacity, never giving up, goal oriented, and self-confident.

His ability to get involved in potentially dangerous situations without fear.

Or even his ability to infiltrate and con his way into things, be involved in overseas ops, and being able to understand the mindset of, and detect a dangerous stalker or fixated person, for use in work in future potential opportunities to work undercover, or protecting VIPs and celebs.
And him having a mother and sister who was working in the force probably helped as well.

Why doesn't the article report what happened (and the timing of) when/if NSW Police attempted to contact the family of the phone number from which the 000 call was actually made (Luke Davies phone)?
Why would they do that? He wasn’t even missing at that stage. How would they find his family?

I wondered why his friends who tried many times to phone him, didn’t phone the police themselves.

Why would they do that? He wasn’t even missing at that stage. How would they find his family?

I wondered why his friends who tried many times to phone him, didn’t phone the police themselves.
Maybe due to his line of work, he was not always contactable immediately, so it didn't necessarily alarm anyone straightaway.

I don't think he counted on there being so much blood he had to deal with. Typically when people's hearts stop beating, there's nothing to pump the blood out, it's seepage and not so much mess. So, unfortunately at least one of them probably didn't die straight away.

This is why I think he went out and hired the van with a metal easy-clean rear floor rather than use that other vehicle he had.

It has crossed my mind if anybody in his sphere has gone missing, if he's ever done this before and got away with it.

If there's anything positive to take out of this, it's that he totally botched it and it may appear that this was a first.

When the details started to come out, I thought this was not his first rodeo.

Why would they do that?
As part of thoroughly investigating: 'At 9.54am a brief phone call was made from Davies’ phone to triple zero. The operator heard a male voice shout: “Get out, f--- off,” before it cut out, the documents claim.'

As part of thoroughly investigating: 'At 9.54am a brief phone call was made from Davies’ phone to triple zero. The operator heard a male voice shout: “Get out, f--- off,” before it cut out, the documents claim.'
There are other reports saying nothing was heard. Again, he wasn’t home and the location was approximate.

There are other reports saying nothing was heard.
The reports you refer to were based on interpretations of what was said by NSW Police earlier in the week, as opposed to what was allegedly written by NSW on a facts of the charge sheet.

Noting that Police statement of facts on prelim AVO/ADVO's or on a Criminal charge sheet, are not renowned for their 100% accuracy or completeness of the actual facts.

There are other reports saying nothing was heard. Again, he wasn’t home and the location was approximate.
I'm surprised to read that there was as much response to a Triple 0 call as there was tbh. I can only imagine how many calls & hang ups they must get.

Particularly when you hear of so many stories of people trying to get through to Triple 0 regarding some type of emergency and are left with an unsatisfactory response...

For example, where I live in a tourist town in Victoria, only this week, residents in town tried calling Triple 0 at 3.32am, due to an attempted break in at their house, only to be told there was a Telstra outage and they couldn't put them through to the police, but to wait for a call back. They didn't receive a call back until 6.20am & the police confirmed they did not receive any calls to respond until 6am.

For example, where I live in a tourist town in Victoria, only this week, residents in town tried calling Triple 0 at 3.32am, due to an attempted break in at their house, only to be told there was a Telstra outage and they couldn't put them through to the police, but to wait for a call back. They didn't receive a call back until 6.20am & the police confirmed they did not receive any calls to respond until 6am.
More on this 000 outage below.

'Telstra has apologised for an outage at its national triple-0 call centre on Friday morning, and to the family of a Victorian who died after their call for help could not be immediately forwarded to paramedics in Melbourne.
'Ms Brady said "many" states were impacted, including Victoria, but would not confirm the full list.

The outage lasted for more than an hour, during which time Telstra operators could answer calls but could not redirect them to all triple-0 call centres.

"Telstra advised it was unable to transfer calls to response agencies across multiple states, including Victoria," a Triple Zero Victoria spokesperson said.

The outage lasted 90 minutes, and of nearly 500 calls to triple-0 during that time, Telstra was unable to transfer 148.

The Telstra service was intermittently malfunctioning between 3.30am and 5am.

It forced Telstra operators to email referrals, some of which were not received by Triple Zero Victoria operators until after 7am.

Victorian Ambulance Union secretary Danny Hill told ABC Radio Melbourne Mornings it was complete chaos.

He said a paramedic crew was delayed responding to the Melbourne patient experiencing cardiac arrest.

"I've been told there was a delay getting through but I don't know how long," he said.

"Sadly, it wasn't a successful resuscitation effort and the patient passed away."'

Mr Hill said the deceased person's family received a phone call about an hour later asking if they still required an ambulance.

More on this 000 outage below.

'Telstra has apologised for an outage at its national triple-0 call centre on Friday morning, and to the family of a Victorian who died after their call for help could not be immediately forwarded to paramedics in Melbourne.
'Ms Brady said "many" states were impacted, including Victoria, but would not confirm the full list.

The outage lasted for more than an hour, during which time Telstra operators could answer calls but could not redirect them to all triple-0 call centres.

"Telstra advised it was unable to transfer calls to response agencies across multiple states, including Victoria," a Triple Zero Victoria spokesperson said.

The outage lasted 90 minutes, and of nearly 500 calls to triple-0 during that time, Telstra was unable to transfer 148.

The Telstra service was intermittently malfunctioning between 3.30am and 5am.

It forced Telstra operators to email referrals, some of which were not received by Triple Zero Victoria operators until after 7am.

Victorian Ambulance Union secretary Danny Hill told ABC Radio Melbourne Mornings it was complete chaos.

He said a paramedic crew was delayed responding to the Melbourne patient experiencing cardiac arrest.

"I've been told there was a delay getting through but I don't know how long," he said.

"Sadly, it wasn't a successful resuscitation effort and the patient passed away."'

Mr Hill said the deceased person's family received a phone call about an hour later asking if they still required an ambulance.
Which reiterates why I've been so surprised by the police response to a Triple 0 hang up.

The whole set-up seems a bit haphazard for an emergency system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s common to respond due people calling and the perp grabbing phone and hanging up.. police have been known to call back person also..
What happens when you call Triple 0?

When you dial 000 or 112 (international emergency call number), you are connected to a recorded message before the call is answered by a Telstra operator who will ask whether you require police, fire or ambulance.

If you request one of these, you will be connected to the emergency service organisation closest to the landline location or the location as advised by the caller.

When a caller does not respond to the operator, the call is sent to an interactive voice unit which asks the person to press 55 if they require assistance and are unable to speak.

The call is disconnected after three requests if it goes unanswered.

If there are repeat calls, the operator will put those calls to police who will attempt to call you back or dispatch a unit to the billing address where your phone is registered.

The bolded part above is what I would expect to happen if there was a single hang up call to Triple 0.

I guess it's reassuring to know so much follow up was done in this case. But like I said, I'm just surprised there was after a hang up.

If there are repeat calls, the operator will put those calls to police who will attempt to call you back or dispatch a unit to the billing address where your phone is registered.
But there weren’t repeat calls, were there? And Davies’ billing address wasn’t Brown St. So they only tracked down the general area where the call came from.

So they only tracked down the general area where the call came from.
To within a 25-50m radius (indoors) within 25 seconds, assuming that Luke's phone was AML enabled.

How many properties are within a 25m and a 50m radius of 60 Brown Street, Paddington?

How AML works

• An AML-enabled smartphone recognises when an emergency call is made to Triple Zero (000 and 112), and if not already activated, activates the telephone’s location service functions.
  • The smartphone assesses the location information available, using device-based hybrid methods, which combine GPS, Wi-Fi, mobile network information, and other sensor inputs to calculate the caller’s location.
  • Once the device’s location is calculated, the smartphone automatically sends an SMS with the estimated location to the Triple Zero Emergency Call Service. This SMS is sent in the background while the caller speaks with the Emergency Service Organisation, and the caller is not required to do anything to enable the location information to be sent.
  • If the telephone’s location services were switched off at the time the call was initiated, AML will temporarily activate the location service for the duration of the emergency call.
  • It typically takes 25 seconds or less for the caller’s location to be calculated and sent to Triple Zero.
  • When the emergency call has finished AML will be de-activated.
  • The telephone will not retain a record of the SMS sent, and a caller is not able to retrieve it.
  • AML works with Android telephones (version 4.1 and higher, with Google Play Services installed).
  • AML works with iPhones running iOS 14.3 or later and Apple Watch GPS + Cellular devices running watchOS 7.2 or later.
  • AML is not an App - rather it is a technology built into the operating system.
With around 78 per cent of calls to Triple Zero originating from a mobile telephone, AML has the potential to assist a significant proportion of callers requiring emergency assistance. It is capable of providing a caller’s location within a 5-metre radius outdoors and a 25-metre radius indoors. Based on deployments of AML in other countries, most calls (about 85 per cent) will provide location accuracy within 50 metres.

The AML service is a key collaboration between the Commonwealth Government, Telstra (as the Emergency Call Person for Triple Zero and 112), emergency service organisations in every state and territory (police, fire and ambulance), mobile carriers (Telstra, Optus and TPG Telecom) and mobile operating system providers (Google for Android devices and Apple for iOS and watchOS devices).

AML technology has now been deployed for the Australian Triple Zero (000) Emergency Call Service.'

But there weren’t repeat calls, were there? And Davies’ billing address wasn’t Brown St. So they only tracked down the general area where the call came from.
I know there weren't repeat calls. Which again, is why I am surprised by the response to a hang up .. lol.

There's a 7 storey (10 units per level) mostly residential apartment block (176 Glenmore Rd) approx. 65m from the 60 Brown St Paddington crime scene.

With views from the upper units that might overlook parts of the backyards of many of the Brown St Terrace houses, including No. 60.

That's a heck of a lot of potential gunshot witnesses.

The building is ESE of 60 Brown St. So would normally get more sound when it was calm winds or blowing from a NW direction.

And depending on the accuracy of the Emergency Services AML geo-location, possibly a whole lot more potential homes that the 000 call from Luke's mobile might have come from, from an investigative perspective.

Here's some pics to assist (2 of them from Google Pro 3D images)

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 6.17.20 pm.png Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 6.05.38 pm.png Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 6.02.20 pm.png

Last edited:
There's a 7 storey (10 units per level) mostly residential apartment block (176 Glenmore Rd) approx. 65m from the 60 Brown St Paddington crime scene.
The building is ESE of 60 Brown St. So would normally get more sound when it was calm winds or blowing from a NW direction.
My recollection, personal evidence, and free evidence from BOM has a mostly Southerly'ish direction wind around Sydney's Eastern, and Southern Coastal Suburbs on the morning of Monday 19th February.

Although the wind appears to have swung more Northerly later in the day after the storms started rolling in at lunchtime.

Not a good direction for blowing/hearing the sound of around 10am gunshot from inside No.60 Brown St, towards the 7 storey block of units nearby.

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 8.08.15 pm.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back