Leongatha Mushroom Deaths - VIC *Erin Patterson charged with 3 counts of murder & 2 attempts

Remove this Banner Ad

None of it will constitute proof, without toxicology they have no actual evidence of amanita poisoning. It might be 'consistent with' but a million other things could also cause it.
Are you sure about that?
Arsenic poisoning can be detected in hair samples after 8 or 9 years still.

Science is mad.

New Podcast in the below.

'Today, criminologist Xanthe Mallett explains the investigation into the 49-year-old and whether she can receive a fair trial.'

Are you sure about that?
Arsenic poisoning can be detected in hair samples after 8 or 9 years still.

Science is mad.
Within the body it is eliminated in about 48 hours after ingestion. So a blood test to detect it would have to be done within that period. Arsenic is a heavy metal, and like many of their ilk, it gets incorporated in hair, a very heavy metal thing to do when you think about.

I don't know anything specific about detecting it from 'environmental' contamination (eg cooking implements). The toxin is pretty robust so if there were still pieces of mushroom on them then I would expect the toxin to be detectable for a 'long time', it does happily survive cooking and drying.

Had a very interesting conversation with a mate this week. He has been an air traffic controller at the Melbourne airport for 25 years and was her boss for a short period of time. Said she was bat sh!t crazy, very vindictive and manipulative. She was sacked not all that long after she started. Said he nor his colleagues that were there at the time were not all that shocked when they released it was her who was involed in this story.

Had a very interesting conversation with a mate this week. He has been an air traffic controller at the Melbourne airport for 25 years and was her boss for a short period of time. Said she was bat sh!t crazy, very vindictive and manipulative. She was sacked not all that long after she started. Said he nor his colleagues that were there at the time were not all that shocked when they released it was her who was involed in this story.
Did he tell you of getting sick after the office Christmas party where everyone brought a plate of food to share?

Last edited:
Wonder if she directed some of Greg Lynn’s flights.

Maybe they were pressuring her to give Simon more time with the kids? Maybe his family even wanted Simon to have full custody.

Particularly if they had any suspicions she was unhinged and trying to poison Simon.

Or they saw the kids drawings on the walls and thought their souls were at risk from Satan and wanted Simon as the main caregiver as he was bought up in the church. Don’t think Erin was.

Or they all wanted money.

Or Erin had done some accounting for them but done a Melissa and cooked the books as well as beef Wellington.
She has mentioned loss of custody as being a worry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's why you never order the fish dish.
Quote I Am Serious GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Sorry I've only come to this thread today and only read last 2 pages but I've heard the survivor said something very specific to Ambo's when they arrived and didn't Police only charge her after waiting to speak to Ian Wilkinson? Also it is said she tried to poison the ex husband a few times? Motive: Most likely didn't like losing her husband and wanted to kill him and his family. Can't remember where she bought the mushrooms? Off course not, who sells them? I'm thinking Ian Wilkinson had something damming to say and let's face it we don't know what the Homicide squad has in terms of evidence. The day it happened and when she was 1st interviewed I've never seen crocodile tears so obvious. Very sad as the ex didn't wan't or refused to attend but the others thought they should do the right thing. For me other than evidence Wilkinson hold's they key.

Sounds very much like Greg Lynn's colleagues IMO..!

Sorry I've only come to this thread today and only read last 2 pages but I've heard the survivor said something very specific to Ambo's when they arrived and didn't Police only charge her after waiting to speak to Ian Wilkinson? Also it is said she tried to poison the ex husband a few times? Motive: Most likely didn't like losing her husband and wanted to kill him and his family. Can't remember where she bought the mushrooms? Off course not, who sells them? I'm thinking Ian Wilkinson had something damming to say and let's face it we don't know what the Homicide squad has in terms of evidence. The day it happened and when she was 1st interviewed I've never seen crocodile tears so obvious. Very sad as the ex didn't wan't or refused to attend but the others thought they should do the right thing. For me other than evidence Wilkinson hold's they key.

Ok, but when the ex-husband decided not to turn up, why did she still serve up the food to his parents and to his aunt and uncle? She presumably found out before the meal was served that her "target" would not be attending. Why then continue to serve the poisoned food, if the other guests were just "collateral damage"? No chance at all that she could have poisoned him after she was in the frame for four murders by mushroom.

Ok, but when the ex-husband decided not to turn up, why did she still serve up the food to his parents and to his aunt and uncle? She presumably found out before the meal was served that her "target" would not be attending. Why then continue to serve the poisoned food, if the other guests were just "collateral damage"? No chance at all that she could have poisoned him after she was in the frame for four murders by mushroom.

Maybe she was that arrogant she thought she’d get away with it and poison Simon another time.

IF she has indeed poisoned Simon multiple times and got away with it, maybe she was foolish enough to believe she’d keep getting away with it.

Ok, but when the ex-husband decided not to turn up, why did she still serve up the food to his parents and to his aunt and uncle? She presumably found out before the meal was served that her "target" would not be attending. Why then continue to serve the poisoned food, if the other guests were just "collateral damage"?
If there were 2 toxic beef wellingtons, maybe she got them mixed up.

And after her ex-hubbie pulled out of the meal, she had then decided to poison herself, but got the 2 beef wellingtons mixed up, and accidentally poisoned everyone else.

Oops. Hope I haven't just created a potential defence scenario for team Patty.

Maybe she was that arrogant she thought she’d get away with it and poison Simon another time.

IF she has indeed poisoned Simon multiple times and got away with it, maybe she was foolish enough to believe she’d keep getting away with it.
I think if she had invited him to dinner and he then died in the next few days, (together with the previous times he had been ill), then it would have pointed to her poisoning him. After all, poison is a "woman's weapon". If she decided to poison him, but in order to make it seem an accident, she invited his parents and aunt/uncle, then he did did not present at the dinner, I'm pretty sure that a canny poisoner would have found some reason NOT to serve the meal (cat got on up the bench, dropped the whole thing on the floor, etc), and bide her time till she was able to have another attempt.

To me, it points away from her deliberately poisoning her in-laws, as it would make it much more difficult to get catch unawares in future, and the possibility of her being blamed (as has happened) would be very high.

I think if she had invited him to dinner and he then died in the next few days, (together with the previous times he had been ill), then it would have pointed to her poisoning him. After all, poison is a "woman's weapon". If she decided to poison him, but in order to make it seem an accident, she invited his parents and aunt/uncle, then he did did not present at the dinner, I'm pretty sure that a canny poisoner would have found some reason NOT to serve the meal (cat got on up the bench, dropped the whole thing on the floor, etc), and bide her time till she was able to have another attempt.

To me, it points away from her deliberately poisoning her in-laws, as it would make it much more difficult to get catch unawares in future, and the possibility of her being blamed (as has happened) would be very high.

I do see what your saying, it’s rather logical.

But I’ve seen criminals, even intelligent ones, do some really dumb things.

If for example, Erin had a condition or personality disorder or mental illness, she may not always do the logical common sense thing.

People can be very smart, but lack commonsense.

Others are neurodiverse and don’t always get social norms.

And then you have those with a grandiose sense of self who think they are smarter than everyone else and can talk themselves out of anything.

I would still like to know what Ian said to the Ambo's when they arrived.? And why she was charged not long after interviewing Ian? Points to Ian having knowledge of her actions and information that contradicts Patterson perhaps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back