Analysis The bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to be mindful that Doggies had the bye last week and 2 players ripped hamstrings last night. Hope our players are well managed.
Fair, but they’re one of how many teams who’ve had the bye? Also, considering their post-GF reputation I doubt much of the right kind of rehab was being done...

Reckon we'll struggle without Warner and Smith in the team.
But what about Cahill in the air?

Ps Rance handy for the diving required to milk a penalty;)

We have just notched up our 4th win in a row and fair to say the most impressive of the 4 and seem to be in great form, now we get a week off, will that halt our momentum? I hope not but i think it's interesting.

This is classic above the shoulders stuff, it's all mental. Looking at the way the group gelled together on Monday (like round 4,5 and most of 6) that is the mindset the coaching panel want the team to have collectively.

You can see they're enjoying their footy and confidence is very high, and that is unlikely to change dramatically because of a break in playing continuity.

I'd imagine the playing group and the panel will welcome the break so they can refresh physically but in the mind they'll be chomping at the bit to show the world how good they are and the opposition how ruthless they can be.

This is my belief that is in the collective mindset of the playing group and the panel. Very healthy.

Should we lose, we’ll just blame you

:p

Nah, Carlton are very poor

For mine Carlton is playing less than the sum of it's parts, they have a lot of raw talent that needs time to develop. They'll win an upset game or 2 before seasons end.

It won't be against us though, our confidence and gelling is very high right now and the panel will be relentless in keeping the playing group in the right mindset i:e stay confident but don't get cocky even though it is a lowly carlton.

As much as I'd love to smash the blues I'll take the win coming off the bye. Need to refocus and get back to the ways that got us to where we are now. I think we will smash the blues but will take a ugly win.

Nah, talent counts equally as much.
We have a very talented bunch

Yes of course we do, 6 mths ago the footy world saw our "talent" as spuds. Funny how the right development can realise potential and a lot of that is the psyche of the playing group - they believe just as the club has for some time now.

As far as the effects of the bye is concerned, I think it's minimal. A chance to refresh physically while the panel will keep the playing groups mindset in check.

Nothing to see here move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back