The Doig?

Remove this Banner Ad

Channels

All Australian
Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I can see this as our 1st year in a long time where Fyfe and Walters don’t crack top 5 or even top 10 which would be a testament to the development of the next gen.

I can see a potential top 5 of
Ryan
Tabs
Brayshaw
Cerra
Serong

honourable mentions to Aish, Cox, Hughes and Mundy.

Couldn’t see a thread on this, mods please move if there is.

I can see this as our 1st year in a long time where Fyfe and Walters don’t crack top 5 or even top 10 which would be a testament to the development of the next gen.

I can see a potential top 5 of
Ryan
Tabs
Brayshaw
Cerra
Serong

honourable mentions to Aish, Cox, Hughes and Mundy.

Couldn’t see a thread on this, mods please move if there is.
Cerra no where near. Ryan then Fyfe then Tabs then Daylight then Brayshaw

The club should just rig the Top 10 to invoke belief among the playing group and the supporters.

1. Ryan
2. Taberner
3. Fyfe Serong
4. Brayshaw
5. Cerra
6. Lobb Cox
7. Mundy Frederick
8. Hughes
9. Conca Crowden
10. Walters Henry

Not that hard.

Luke has stormed into contention since we started winning (coincidence? I think not), but everyone was down on him for his crap form for the first 4-5 games. Since then he’s been immense, and would be a worthy winner.

That said, Tabs has been ultra-consistent, and consistently good, so he wouldn’t be a surprise.

The points come not from weekly BOG, but who has executed their role - who would have pegged Crowley as even top 5 in 2012? - so Fyfe would be a huge contender, he just gets his job done week in and week out. Same with Andy. And I think Hughes will be in contention for a top 5 finish for the same reasons.

Mundy had a slow start but is now playing as good as he ever has. If part of the role is to show leadership and teach the kids how to play midfield then he’s executed his role to perfection. Conca looks after the backline and has been huge in shutting down two dangerous small forwards these past two weeks.

It goes without saying that Serong has best first year player in the bag, and I would say Pearce will likely be best clubman.

I really wouldn’t have a clue who’ll win it, but I think it will be out of Fyfe, Tabs, Andy, Ryan, and I think Hughes is a big chance to sneak into top 5. Mundy right up there, and Conca will finish inside the top 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serong will be in the top 5 by the end of the season
Serong has missed 4 games. The Doig scoring system really punishes players who miss games. Fyfe is also down a few games and will be similarly affected.
My top five
L. Ryan
A.Bayshaw
A. Cerra
M. Taberner
E. Hughes

Ryan then Taberner. Mundy as well close to top. Fyfe has missed a few games which mostly hurt (finished only 4th in his first Brownlow year after missing games). Brawshaw and Hughes will probably be high as well. Then I expect seasoned players who know their roles like Conca to do better then young players like Serong. But who knows, perhaps I am still thinking to much Ross Lyon.

Ryan has already gone shopping with Cox to find a trophy cabinet.

Andy and Tabs to fight for 2nd/3rd and Fyfe/Mundy to round out the 5

Not according to the main board 🤣

The lack of respect shown this 2 is pretty ridiculous. Then again, Brayshaw wasn't even good enough to get a rising star nomination.

(Please note the sarcasm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back