Food & Drink The drinking thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was it the Bundy you were drinking ?
Yeah it was, I think the standard is a terrible drink, but the spiced I'm ok with. Generally have bottle or two at home for those days when it's needed.
Like Captain Morgan but my local Bottleshop doesnt apparently, as they seem to be out a lot. Or maybe there's a local who likes it too much, not sure.

Speaking of locals Akasha is pretty close to our home base (Five Dock area) and are basically appearing everywhere I go now. Very run of the mill beers that I've tried so far though.

In 2 years living in London I fell in love with British cask ales, eg Doom Bar. Not much of those around in Sydney. The 4 Pines brewery at Manly has a cask ale on tap from time to time which is often good.

A thread after my own heart! I agree with the opening comment, Pirate Life IIPA is a fantastic drop. I'm also a big fan of Kooinda Black IPA and if you can find it, Mad Brewer's Hoppy Heffe is around town, on tap only at a few venues. Damn fine.

Went to the Australian's Beer Festival on the weekend. Great to see stouts are popping up everywhere. Moo Brew's barrel aged stout was fantastic.
How was it? If I'm not mistaken the owners of the pub had gone into receivership. Was it as big as others years? Used to be a great way to spend the Labour Day Saturday before the NRL Grand Final.

How was it? If I'm not mistaken the owners of the pub had gone into receivership. Was it as big as others years? Used to be a great way to spend the Labour Day Saturday before the NRL Grand Final.

Good day. It's the third year or fourth year that we've been. Pretty solid routine now - show up early, get some food for the family, grab beers and ciders and then leave before the crowd. Was getting pretty packed as we were heading off, and there's always more food stalls, brewery reps and larger areas cordoned off each year so I think they're doing really well out of it.

I don't think they've gone into receivership, or at least not that I know of or could find. You thinking of the Keystone Group?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good day. It's the third year or fourth year that we've been. Pretty solid routine now - show up early, get some food for the family, grab beers and ciders and then leave before the crowd. Was getting pretty packed as we were heading off, and there's always more food stalls, brewery reps and larger areas cordoned off each year so I think they're doing really well out of it.

I don't think they've gone into receivership, or at least not that I know of or could find. You thinking of the Keystone Group?

Yeah, Keystone. They used to own the Australian, and the pub just up the road from it, where the TAB is, with the cracking roof-top bar.

Yeah, Keystone. They used to own the Australian, and the pub just up the road from it, where the TAB is, with the cracking roof-top bar.

Thought you were talking about Keystone, but the Australian wasn't listed in any of the articles about Keystone going under so they might have sold it at some point.

The Glenmore is the one up the road - been up to the roof, never been able to find space.

Thought you were talking about Keystone, but the Australian wasn't listed in any of the articles about Keystone going under so they might have sold it at some point.

The Glenmore is the one up the road - been up to the roof, never been able to find space.
Yeah they must have sold, but they definitely owned it back in 2010.

I gave up booze after going overboard at my son's footy windup
He had to look after me, so I spoilt his night.
The next morning I gave up & haven't touched it since.
I still feel guilty about it & I miss booze like crazy.

Make sure you go to bootleg brewery down there

And try the 9% beer

I had a couple of really high ABV beers at BentSpoke in Canberra so it is already up against some really strong competition (pun intended).

There is a place in Alrxandria call Archie Rose distillary. Its the only distillary in Sydney Metro.

Make theor own Whiskey, Vodka and Gin.

Also have a really smart bar with a massive selection of Whiskeys to try

They had a stall at the Parramatta Lanes. Was impressed (except by the security guard who made me down my drink as I attempted to leave the area).

Make sure you go to bootleg brewery down there

And try the 9% beer

Between our Margaret River bottle shop stocking them and me having to limit myself in order to achieve a family holiday, I didn't make it there in the end - went to Cowaramup, the Brewhouse and Cheeky Monkey instead, and only tried Bootleg, Colonial, Bush Shack, Black and Eagle Bay in bottle/can form. Got to try a few of Bootleg's beers and they were ok, but didn't get the 9% beer. :(

On to https://untappd.com/b/rogue-ales-and-spirits-double-chocolate-stout/8614 at the moment, and enjoying it immensely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back