The Duck on OneHD

Remove this Banner Ad

bungholes_premiers

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2007
Hawkbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I dont care what happened behind close doors or what kind of person he "in the real world" but i love listening to what Carey has to say ... as much as it pains me to say that as a Hawthorn man :D:thumbsu:

He's the best in the business, best player i've seen. most knowledgable media personality.

when he speaks, i listen. not too many people have that sort of command

**** i love the Duck, but shit that was a bad episode. Did they even talk about the games on the weekend? i mean what the hell... how many ads? how many minutes were actually of the show and how many ads?

What about the buzzing light in the background? class act - why don't you just run it from your mum's basement? seriously.

Carried the episode tonight, pity they didn't give him too much in depth stuff to talk about

Content footy analysis wise was a touch lean, although it was a round where football issues have been hugely dominant in the media as opposed to the actual games themselves

Carried the episode tonight, pity they didn't give him too much in depth stuff to talk about

Content footy analysis wise was a touch lean, although it was a round where football issues have been hugely dominant in the media as opposed to the actual games themselves

The show seems to slowly morphing into Footy Classified. I would like an AFL show on OneHD later in the week devoted 100% to on field stuff.

The show seems to slowly morphing into Footy Classified. I would like an AFL show on OneHD later in the week devoted 100% to on field stuff.

I agree, there isn't much for the footy purist who wants game breakdowns and analysis on why things did or didn't work on field

Its a cluster of entertainment and issues come first programs

Focus on the footy

He was worth listening to, but he needs to learn to not start sentences with "look". Definitely more insightful than most of the commentators, so it'd be great to see him on more panel shows, especially those that actually talk about the football occasionally.

I agree, there isn't much for the footy purist who wants game breakdowns and analysis on why things did or didn't work on field

Its a cluster of entertainment and issues come first programs

Focus on the footy

Last year it started off as a purely footy show. But lately it has been slowly heading to the off-field stuff. Steven Quartermain having too much influence maybe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How short are your memories? Carey was insufferable before he got punted from Fox. Loud mouth, argumentative ****er. Then again, having him and Pig Dunstall in the one room probably wasn't the best of ideas. See the way Quarterbrain kowtowed to the Duck like the compliant Beta-male that he is?

Carey = average media persona.

He needs to learn to be concise, he's a waffler of the highest degree. Never seen anyone use so many words with so little to say, it makes it even worse than he reiterates each point 2 or 3 times.

It should be called, 'What happens on the field, stays on the field'

A show called AFL Tactics, similar to NRL Tactics on Fox Sports, would be very entertaining with the right people involved.

One of the reasons "On the Couch" is such a highly regarded and watched footy show is that they are very good at coming up with new angles on the on field happenings of the round that you may not have thought about yet.
The have the best footy producers in the business who put that show together by far.

The strong talk of on field strategies, tactics, and individual or mico-team (foward lines, defence structure etc) performance is a proven ratings winner.
If One HD developed an on field only type talk show, as some have suggested here, perhaps on the Tuesday or Wednesday once the hooplah from the weekend's controversies have died down, it would be a ratings winner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back