Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

While going back to try and find something specific, noticed the link to the City of Evil episode doesn't exist any more. I can't find it anywhere.

I'm glad it's disappeared. This is/was one of Sean Fewster's creations, also in book form. He is a sensationalist who has contributed significantly to SA's unjustified reputation as the "murder capital". Stats tell otherwise, yet he persists while continuing to enjoy living here.

Last edited:
I'm glad it's disappeared. This is/was one of Sean Fewster's creations, also in book form. He is a sensationalist who has contributed significantly to SA's unfounded reputation as the "murder capital". Stats tell otherwise, yet he persists while continuing to enjoy living here.

It's not gone completely yet DB, I just found a copy but it's probably only a matter of time before it's removed.

If anyone is interested in exactly where in relation to the bridge Alan was found, there's an aerial and wide images in here which gives some good perspective. Better be quick though. On the Claremont Murders thread, we found the only remaining copy of a particular documentary on this site and it was taken down within a couple of days.

Capital punishment stirs a lot of debate, & for good reason. People will argue on the grounds of human rights that we live in a civilised society & sentencing someone to death can never bring the victims back to life.
The government that abolished capital punishment at that time tried to make sure any future governments couldn't bring it back into law. I don't have a link for that but I do remember reading it many years ago!

The term "The Family" emanated from a 60 Minutes interview with an investigated officer who said something like, "we need to break up the happy little family". This was about in 1988.

Father figure: BVE

Where was BVE placed? At the top or in the centre. That part is almost certain. The rest is conjecture but something like this;

He was flashing them around to his closest confidants - DSD etc. And many victims would have woken up and gone home with a sore ass and no real understanding how many men had been playing pin the tail on the donkey. Some of those people he showed photos to may have been involved in the murders, if not, they must have know it was him. In TP's diaries, DSD says to him that over the years BVE showed him many photos of drugged boys with thing inserted in their anuses. Barnes died this way, as did others. If DSD was not involved, he would have known exactly who was.
thanks this explained their set up.
i guess i was trying to work out, if there was anyone higher in the chain, other than BVE

26:10

"Mr B suspected of being in the car when Richard Kelvin was abducted....."

Should that be Alan, or was Mr B involved the whole way through?

It’s also possible that this isn’t Mark’s actual wound, but a stock photo that channel 9 used. His body was out in the open in summer for up to a week and was quite decomposed.

I’ve read in a couple of sources that the wound was stapled, in others that it was stitched. I grabbed a shot also. If it is him, if you look at the middle stitch/staple there is a lighter area that could be a metallic staple reflecting, but at the bottom it looks like the ends of a stitch sticking up. Unless the autopsy report is ever released I guess we won’t know for sure.

70AF9E09-5F97-4F1A-A0B2-AA1FBFA79618.png

thanks this explained their set up.
i guess i was trying to work out, if there was anyone higher in the chain, other than BVE

The family was first said by the reporter from 60 mins when she asked TK “do you think there a happy family? “ then TK said “yes they are a happy family “ the name family started there .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not gone completely yet DB, I just found a copy but it's probably only a matter of time before it's removed.

If anyone is interested in exactly where in relation to the bridge Alan was found, there's an aerial and wide images in here which gives some good perspective. Better be quick though. On the Claremont Murders thread, we found the only remaining copy of a particular documentary on this site and it was taken down within a couple of days.

I was able to find the city of evil series on Foxtel go. - 4 episodes in total. I had watched recently - is this link an unedited version ?

Last edited:
26:10

"Mr B suspected of being in the car when Richard Kelvin was abducted....."

Should that be Alan, or was Mr B involved the whole way through?

B was involved for same time after Alan was killed the police think . He gave a lot of information that has not been made public . We will find out in 20 more years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

While going back to try and find something specific, noticed the link to the City of Evil episode doesn't exist any more. I can't find it anywhere.

The whole series is still on Foxtel if you can get access to that.

Oops too late.

ha ha is it gone already? I'm getting close to taping some of it with my phone.

No I meant too late me posting about it. Three people already said it was on Foxtel haha.

It is there as of 5 minutes ago.

front row - Pru Firmann, Chris (unrelated) Sarah Novak, Unknown
middle row - Brian Gant, Unknown, Lewis Turtur
Back Row - Burney (believed to be unrelated, Nathan (believed to be unrelated) Unknown (possible Megan/Kerry)

Can we say that Noel Brook or Didi, is definitely not in that picture?

I remember early on in the piece we though there were 3x TG's - 2 whities and a half Maori. We all assumed Brook was the half Maori and then later realised he was half aboriginal.

I think LT was the half-Maori. His tanned Italian skin had people fooled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back