The Fishing Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

To all you fishing gurus on here, I have a question.

Some years ago a friend cooked some fish for me I think it was from Queensland and if I recall correctly it was called Black fish.

Does anyone know anything about it? If so can you purchase in Victoria? It was fabulous.

A picture is worth a thousand words they say, I'll leave this here! Suffice to say we found good fish this weekend!

GPS Coordinates blanked out as I posted this to a mate on FB - happy to share with my Southern friends though :)

View attachment 305943
Bloody hell, don't think my sounders ever had that many arches full stop let alone on the one screen! went out last weekend for the first time for the season, 18 boats in the line at the ramp and I got a flat tire on the boat trailer! Finally got out and nabbed a few flatties but that was about it, determined to beat my snapper PB this year.

Last edited:
To all you fishing gurus on here, I have a question.

Some years ago a friend cooked some fish for me I think it was from Queensland and if I recall correctly it was called Black fish.

Does anyone know anything about it? If so can you purchase in Victoria? It was fabulous.
If its what Queenslanders call Blackfish we call it Luderick, you should be able to get it at seafood shops, I think I've seen it at Sth Melb Market. If you want to catch some get down to the Gippsland Lakes and jig a bit of local weed under the jetties, I've caught plenty at Metung.

This was a short video I put together of the trip. Didn't get a lot of the fish on video but what a great couple of days. (Watch in HD)

Plus we won return airfares to Broome in the competition at last nights presentation :thumbsu:

Great day today, fished the channel and grabbed 6 reds to 3kg in 16 metres. All except 1 were on freshly caught squid and the other on a Lucanis jig, my first jigged snapper! Had a good feed now enjoying a glass waiting for the Crowded House gig on TV, good times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back