Media The Fred Diaries - The Victory Lap

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember when Blacky Had a 5 goal lead in the FRED over Hatchy heading into the final round of S24. Hatchy1992 kicked 7 and Blacky kicked 1 goal in the final round.

Good times.

Fake news Barrybran and you shouldn't be celebrating so early.

Bonz will win the Fred because the Dragons (his old team) and his current team the Ophidian Old Boys have agreed, as the dragons are out of finals, to all stand back and just give Bonz the qooty to score as many qoals as his paws allow.

Expecting Bonz to stop at 45 qoals and then get on the cat nip to celebrate his win over Barrybran this season.

1666773265165.png

Bonz will win the Fred because the Dragons (his old team) and his current team the Ophidian Old Boys have agreed, as the dragons are out of finals, to all stand back and just give Bonz the qooty to score as many qoals as his paws allow.

Expecting Bonz to stop at 45 qoals and then get on the cat nip to celebrate his win over Barrybran this season.

View attachment 1543674
I reckon Bonz's performance on the weekend will be like your graphic - not bad but could be better

View attachment 1543674
Why are Bonz and MC Bad Genius on opposite teams?

Rounds 3, 4 & 5
8A1WTvG.gif

The Warriors game gave me a lot of confidence as it showed I could still kick a bag. I'd need to continue that sort of form if I were to have a chance at this season's Fred. I hit a bit of a purple patch in the following weeks. I booted six goals playing on my former captain at the Bears, JoshWoodenSpoon, and five goals on the Wonders' full back, NinjaSwan.

Round 5 looked like a bit of a challenge though. We'd won three of our first four games of the season and I was flying, having kicked 18 goals in the past three games, but the Swampies had the league's best full back, jackster83. Outside of giving up six goals to Hatchy1992 in round 2, jackster had given up a total of two goals from his other three matches. Total. That's just unheard of.

I got on an early touch that I couldn't convert and managed to snag a goal later but that was my only contribution through the first two and a half quarters. jackster and the Swampies well and truly had our measure. At the other end, okeydoke7 had kicked four and was looking at a big day out as he continued his charge towards 1,000 Sweet FA goals.

DenieD and StFly kicked back to back goals late in the third term and then it was Barry Time.

GOAL BY GOAL :
Rich (BB code):
Third Quarter :
24.08 - Goal to Barrybran (GUM) - SCS by 13 point(s).

Final Quarter :
.55 - Goal to Barrybran (GUM) - SCS by 7 point(s).
1.24 - Behind to GremioPower (SCS) - SCS by 8 point(s).
4.37 - Behind to Barrybran (GUM) - SCS by 7 point(s).
5.12 - Goal to Supercheapgiants (GUM) - SCS by 1 point(s).
8.33 - Goal to Barrybran (GUM) - GUM by 5 point(s).
9.26 - Behind to CatToTheFuture (GUM) - GUM by 6 point(s).
14 - Behind to Rodney Dangerfield (GUM) - GUM by 7 point(s).
14.31 - Rushed behind to GUM - GUM by 8 point(s).
16.24 - Goal to Barrybran (GUM) - GUM by 14 point(s).
21.02 - Rushed behind to GUM - GUM by 15 point(s).
21.47 - Goal to miggs (GUM) - GUM by 21 point(s).
22.47 - Goal to darthmann (SCS) - GUM by 15 point(s).
24.47 - Goal to Barrybran (GUM) - GUM by 21 point(s).

I gave that dirty Rat a bath. Five goals in 26 minutes against the best full back in the league and a match winning performance to boot. I was flying.

Life was good. The Gumbies were on top, I'd kicked 24 goals in the past month and my main competitor, Bonz, was on a bye week. I was about to put the Fred to bed before the half way mark of the season.

Rounds 6, 7 & 8
8A1WTvG.gif

After spanking the best full forward in the competition, I was about to come up against the worst. Shermy had given up 18 goals in four games to start season 34 so I was brimming with confidence. A big bag was coming up. Or so I thought. We got the win, our fifth in a row, but Shermy handed my arse to me by keeping me to two goals. Not the Fred-winning gap I was expecting to build on Bonz during his bye week. Shoutout to Bluelegs for kicking a lazy nine against the Dragons in a thumping win.

Round 7 saw a return to form as I kicked five goals against the Roys but after kicking three goals in the first half, I didn't kick my other two until the end of the game. Still, I almost got us over the line. The Roys had led for much of the day and my goal closed the gap to two points with five minutes to play. ossie_21 had an opportunity to win the game for us but sprayed his shot and we went down by a point. Forward pockets, right? I don't know how many times I've told the qoach to get everyone out of the forward 50 and let me go to work.

The following week, I kicked four goals in a win against the Demons but it was far from my best performance. Despite my protests the previous week, the qoach was rabbiting on at training through the week about finding "multiple avenues to goal". He put a plan into place to get more of the qooty to Dory_77, miggs and Catsnlakers and what happens? They kick three goals each. They could have been MY goals. They got the praise as well because three of my goals were in junktime. Bastards.

And to make matters worse, Bonz kicked eight and drew level for the Fred with an extra game to play. Thanks qoach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back