Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad news that Paul 'The Punisher' Williams. One of the most feared fighters before his loss to Sergio Martinez. Was involved in a motorbike accident yesterday and is now paralyzed from the waist down.

He just signed to fight Canelo Alvarez a week ago. Terrible news.

Williams had wins over martinez, winky wright, Cintron, Antonio Margharito, Quintana.

Heart breaking to hear what happened to Paul Williams. Had a real chance to get his career back on track with a big fight against Alvarez (A fight he had a huge chance of winning).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had Pac 118-110, what the [censored] was that all about?
He didn't win it that easy, I think 115-113 was about right, but it's just that two of the judges somehow came up with it the other way around.

There has to be more to the story here, Manny wasn't himself tonight/today, and he definitely didn't look to finish Bradley off at the end there.

Was the fix on?:confused::cool:

absolute garbage from Top Rank and Arum. quotes of him saying "I'm going to make a ton of money from the rematch" are in each fight-recap I've seen. seriously would not be surprised if this is all a set up from him, because that was a clear-cut win for Pacquiao that even hardcore Mayweather fans would've agreed with. it hardly makes sense as to why Arum would throw Manny under a bus but seriously, that was too obvious of a robbery

Such a joke...

This is obviously fixed why would Bradley predict a rematch at the weigh ins & also in the post fight interview explain that he has to watch the tape because he is not sure he won.

Such BS :rolleyes:

There you have it folks, evidence of political corruptness in boxing.

Pacquiao's contract with the kingpin of the sport (Bob Arum) was running out, and all the talk over the past week in Vegas was that Manny was not wanting to extend/renew the contract ... and low and behold ... he loses a fight via split decision, when he clearly should have won.

The sad thing about this is that it's a no-win situation for boxing. It shows the judges are either corrupt or incompetent, it shows judges can either be swayed with dollars and fix fights, or they are clearly incompetent when it comes to scoring fights.

The re-match (as per the clause) will now mean another pay-day for the scum that is causing this.

I wonder now when Mayweather comes out of Prison, whether he will look to fight Pacquaio or Bradley (after his regulatory 'tune-up' fight that is).

There you have it folks, evidence of political corruptness in boxing.

Pacquiao's contract with the kingpin of the sport (Bob Arum) was running out, and all the talk over the past week in Vegas was that Manny was not wanting to extend/renew the contract ... and low and behold ... he loses a fight via split decision, when he clearly should have won.

The sad thing about this is that it's a no-win situation for boxing. It shows the judges are either corrupt or incompetent, it shows judges can either be swayed with dollars and fix fights, or they are clearly incompetent when it comes to scoring fights.

The re-match (as per the clause) will now mean another pay-day for the scum that is causing this.

I wonder now when Mayweather comes out of Prison, whether he will look to fight Pacquaio or Bradley (after his regulatory 'tune-up' fight that is).
I can't understand the inconsistent outroar over this fight. There were heaps of rounds that could have gone both ways. Bradley started rounds well then manny would try and steal them by letting his hands go in the last ten seconds. Bradley won in my opinion because pacs punch stats are a lie. Bradley pounded the body all night and avoided a lot of his punches and or made them grazing shots. I bet Marquez and that Cuban bloke that just got robbed against Brandon rios feel campaignered when the whole world is in mourning for poor little bible bashing manny

Definitely didn't. Pacquiao landed over 100 more punches and with more damage. What a load..

Exactly right. If one guy lands more but the other lands heavier I can see how that is subjective for sure. I didn't think Bradley was landing many at all, Pac seemed to be taking most on the gloves to me. Ehh, whatevs, it's a bloody disgrace that's for sure.

Exactly right. If one guy lands more but the other lands heavier I can see how that is subjective for sure. I didn't think Bradley was landing many at all, Pac seemed to be taking most on the gloves to me. Ehh, whatevs, it's a bloody disgrace that's for sure.
Yep, that's exactly what Pac said, the ones that did land mostly just hit his arms and gloves.

To me, the HBO and ESPN scorecards of 119-109 Pacquaio is just as egregious as the 115-113 Bradley that the two judges came up with.

I had it 115-113 PacMan. Gave Bradley rounds 2, 8, 10, 11, 12.

Rounds 10-12 is not arguable, Pacquaio virtually stopped. Rounds 2 and 8 were nothing rounds where neither Pac or Bradley got anything going. I could understand those rounds going either way.

The general outrage is over the top. I'm a Pacquaio fan but I didn't see the Pacquaio domination that the HBO commentators were talking about. Sure... Bradley got rocked a couple time in rounds 3-5, but no knockdown.

I also think a lot of Pacquaio's rounds were "60-40" rounds where one or two clean punches made the difference. His tactic of taking the first 2 minutes off each round, then finishing with a flurry probably cost him in the end. Activity gets rewarded by some judges, no one knows this better than Pacquaio.

It was a good fight that turned a little stale imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back