THE GF. ..WHO TAKES IT OUT THIS YEAR

Remove this Banner Ad

The final round is meaningless as most of the games were virtually dead rubbers.

Col Vs Ess. Col needed to win to secure top spot. Ess dead rubber
Haw Vs Fre. Dead rubber
NM Vs GCS. Dead rubber
BL Vs Stk. BL to secure top 2 vs Saints to secure home final.
GEE Vs WBD. Gee dead rubber. WBD had to win to keep their finals chances alive.
WCE Vs Adl. Dead rubber
Port Vs Ric. Dead rubber. Port win or lose would either play at the Gabba or MCG in week 1 of the finals. Ric dead rubber
Syd vs Mel. Sydney playing for a home final. Mel dead rubber.
Car vs GWS. Car dead rubber. GWS to win to make finals and possibly home final.

A lot of teams were going at halve effort or resting players for finals.

dees and pies the only real contenders for the flag

blues, lions and port might get lucky and get an opportunity to play in the GF but they are a step down on the pies and dees (especially at the MCG)

dees and pies the only real contenders for the flag

blues, lions and port might get lucky and get an opportunity to play in the GF but they are a step down on the pies and dees (especially at the MCG)
Don't fancy Port???

If Collingwood get their contingent back, maybe, but they seem to be dropping like flies at both afl and vfl level

I actually think despite the gws flogging. Carlton is playing the best footy of anyone in the 8

Melbourne probably best situated for a tilt. Healthy-ish list, star power

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it good for football? Literally 14 other fan bases don’t give a s**t

Collingwood and Carlton is and forever will be footy's greatest, most famous and bitter rivalry

Where did you get that idiotic idea from? It’s the afl finals. Of course I’ll watch. I’ll be cheering the pies if we are knocked out.
Why tho? If you don't care about big rivalry games why would u care about other games?

Where did you get the idiotic idea that "14 other fan bases don’t give a s**t" ?

If Demons win to open the finals against the Pies they rocket into firm favourites for mine.

Lions are a monty to make the GF but they are nuffies on the MCG so whoever plays them wins. Much like last season and we will see a repeat of the Swans debacle on the MCG.

Both Prelims will be way better games than the actual GF cause the Lions are just gunna stink it up on the biggest stage.

Demons win to open the finals against the Pies they rocket into firm favourites for mine.

Lions are a monty to make the GF but they are nuffies on the MCG so whoever plays them wins. Much like last season and we will see a repeat of the Swans debacle on the MCG.

I still think the Lions may be gettable at the Gabba for the Prelim final. Only for psychological reasons

I still think the Lions may be gettable at the Gabba for the Prelim final. Only for psychological reasons
Hope so and we need a close GF or even a competitive one. Lions will not give any footy fan a decent game on the biggest day at the G.

Hopefully they get knocked out early but doubt they lose a game at the GABBA which walks them into a granny.

Why tho? If you don't care about big rivalry games why would u care about other games?
Is the showdown also good for footy? The derby? Cats vs hawks? The only people that care about those games are the fans of those team or others invested in them. Every team has a rival, It feels like this is the first time in years both of these teams are on the ball at the same time. That’s what makes it interesting. But so would the pies vs Brisbane or pies vs dees. The only reason most people would watch that game is because it’s a final. Home and away people would be less invested. Just like the derby or showdowns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back