Sport The Hangar Cricket Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Well you can argue about a whole range of things. Maxwell was always a near shoe in to be dragged along to India. This currently panel just isn't gonna go there without a spinning all-rounder option. It's just that Wade and Lehmann made it a bit harder for him by batting him 7 in the shield and having him be 12th man for ODers when he could have been playing in the shield.
He batted at 4 and 6 in his 3 shield games.

hahahahah I forgot that Wade had the nerve to bat at five, not six, putting himself ahead of Maxwell and White. good grief. and of course there's not even picking Maxwell for the first game of the season. what a time to be alive. he's going back to tassie so at least that won't happen again
Why do you hate Wade so much?

most of the time I just enjoy making fun of him because he's pretty dislikeable at times, but hate's a strong word, I hate Shane Warne, I don't hate Wade. But I did hate that particular incident. It was incredibly selfish of him to put himself ahead of the proper batsmen. As Maxwell said, in Australian cricket, the keeper bats at 7, behind the batsmen. No ifs, no buts, beyond the inclusion of a 5th bowler in the team. This thing took place at the same time as Nevill was being forced to bat behind MMarsh and having his test career harmed for it, and there was literally only one reason why that was happening. Similarly, I think Wade's OD career has been greatly harmed by their insistence in having the keeper either bat at 7 or open. But anyway, fast forward 5 months to when both of them are in the test team, of course Maxwell is batting ahead of Wade. It was never in doubt. The keeper bats at 7, no ifs, no buts.

most of the time I just enjoy making fun of him because he's pretty dislikeable at times, but hate's a strong word, I hate Shane Warne, I don't hate Wade. But I did hate that particular incident. It was incredibly selfish of him to put himself ahead of the proper batsmen. As Maxwell said, in Australian cricket, the keeper bats at 7, behind the batsmen. No ifs, no buts, beyond the inclusion of a 5th bowler in the team. This thing took place at the same time as Nevill was being forced to bat behind MMarsh and having his test career harmed for it, and there was literally only one reason why that was happening. Similarly, I think Wade's OD career has been greatly harmed by their insistence in having the keeper either bat at 7 or open. But anyway, fast forward 5 months to when both of them are in the test team, of course Maxwell is batting ahead of Wade. It was never in doubt. The keeper bats at 7, no ifs, no buts.
Well that's stupid. Maybe he got a message from the higher ups to bat himself ahead. England's got the best keeper/bat in the world and he bats at 5. AB de Villiers batted at 5 and kept. I say you put the better bat at 5. Which is probably Maxy but still, we don't know the full circumstances.

Gilly says hi

Gilly says hi

Except he batted 7 his whole career unless we were playing a young Watson or chasing quick runs lol
Anyway, I personally would have put Maxwell in the test side off the back of his ODI World Cup performances (iirc he was pretty good in shield that season too?) but glad to see him take this opportunity with both hands

Well that's stupid. Maybe he got a message from the higher ups to bat himself ahead. England's got the best keeper/bat in the world and he bats at 5. AB de Villiers batted at 5 and kept. I say you put the better bat at 5. Which is probably Maxy but still, we don't know the full circumstances.
Quinton de Kock's also batted higher than 7 in 40% of his test matches and done OK.

Chandimal's batted higher than 7th more than he's batted at 7 and kept for most of those games.

I don't think Wade's a great person either, but I'm with you; Phone's argument seems bizarre.

Quinton de Kock's also batted higher than 7 in 40% of his test matches and done OK.

Chandimal's batted higher than 7th more than he's batted at 7 and kept for most of those games.

I don't think Wade's a great person either, but I'm with you; Phone's argument seems bizarre.
I've actually met Wade a few times. He's a really nice bloke, actually. Cuts through a lot of bullshit and egos which can make him unpopular among some.

Some of the hysteria on the cricket board last night...oy vey.

It's like the world is falling down if we don't take a wicket every five overs, FFS.
Outside people like PhatBoy, The_Reaper and Van_Dyke the place is a cesspit. There are others in forgetting about

Outside people like PhatBoy, The_Reaper and Van_Dyke the place is a cesspit. There are others in forgetting about
PB is no saint. There's not getting sucked into jingoistic patriotic crap - and it's great that he doesn't - and then there's being argumentative and haughty for the sake of it, and he brings the latter way too often.

The other two, yes great posters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've stopped going there. Not worth it aside from own little Associate world.
I suspect it's a reflection of the obsession with now now now that has been ushered in with giggle a minute T20 and the like.

So many seem to have no patience for the fact that Test cricket is a marathon, not a sprint. Classic example - India are 1/115 one over, some person will post "wow they look like they are on track for 600, this is hopeless".

Two overs later, score has advanced to 1/117. Same person posts virtually the identical thing again.

Shits me to tears.

I'm wrapped with what we're doing in India. Let's not forget that this team is touted as every bit as s**t as the team that sailed off to England in 1989 if not worse.

I think we're punching well above our weight given where this series is being played but * me swinging, exactly half way through the series and it couldn't be more evenly poised.

Hazzah to the Aussies! Finally we have a fighting test team playing traditional test cricket again! I just hope it lasts, not just for thus series but well beyond

Get Pattoman in the team after today's 5/7 against the Bulls. Amazing.
Starc, Hazelwood, Cummins given his efforts today and yes, Pattinson should he remain fit.

Wow.

Then Sayers who's taken 50 odd wicket this season, Behrendorff, Bird.... by Christ our fast bowling stocks are in good nick (time for them to all be fit for a while at the same time).

Only 1 team can win this one that's for sure.

When we walk out to bat it'll be time to show some true fight.

2/23, still 129 behind. I'll be surprised if we make it much past lunch and don't lose by an innings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back