Movies & TV The Hangar Film Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't a fan of Hell or High Water but this is barely a story. Which is shameful considering how complex and interesting the history is

Interesting how you can * up a story when a story already exists.

I watched it the other night, if anything I want a movie about 'the Black Douglas' as a result.

It was all a bit......meh.

Black Douglas?! * that s**t! Agnes "Black Agnes" Dunbar!

Nobody needs to get to FB2. One of the worst franchise films of the decade. J.K. Rowling isn't a screenwriter's a-hole.
What? Yeah there were parts that weren't great but it was a good film overall.

What? Yeah there were parts that weren't great but it was a good film overall.

If by good you mean a web of increasingly pointless and convulted plot lines,underdeveloped characters with fan service nods that go directly against the original book series I agree. It was a good film.

It's a shame because the world building is interesting and the ideas are there.
We deserve to see modern technology bring magic to life and the different cultures of the magic world is good.

However this series should have been a book first if she wanted to throw her ideas at a page and actually explain and build them. Then hand the story over to someone capable to write the film.

Last edited:
You guys seen Mandy yet or what??

Saw Bohemian last night. I really enjoyed it even though they altered a few things for the feels.

Rami was superb and almost scary in how well he played Freddie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Bohemian Rhapsody tonight. Malek did an amazing job and the Deacon and the May were creepy good too. Not sure why they didn't find a better Taylor. I know some liberties were taken but it got me right in the feels. Really enjoyed it.

Saw it on Tuesday with wifey, thought it was brilliant. Malek was amazing.

Bohemian Rhapsody was great. I watched it on the opening night and I had heard poor reviews from critics so I was concerned. Then I watched it and was blown away. It seems to be very much a film that fans love but critics loath *Shrugs*

The worse a film is rated by critics the happier I am to see it. They are nearly all self absorbed arsehats with their heads so far up their own backsides they may as well be inside out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back