The Lawrence Brothers

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Most of you probably don't know who they are, but they're pretty impressive.

Here's some reading and videos if anyone is interested

Hunter: Started off in MXGP (mx world champs) currently 24 yo with an impressive CV and currently leading the AMA 250 mx championship.

AMA is arguably on par if not a slight level above the world champs

Jett: Currently leading the AMA 450 MX championship and in fact has not lost a race in his debut 450 season at just 19 yo

Please correct if I'm wrong in any of this, but I think msm should be paying more attention to these two.

Maybe Klyntonius could add more to this thread.

Hunter: Started off in MXGP (mx world champs) currently 24 yo with an impressive CV and currently leading the AMA 250 mx championship.

Jett: Currently leading the AMA 450 MX championship and in fact has not lost a race in his debut 450 season at just 19 yo

Please correct if I'm wrong in any of this, but I think msm should be paying more attention to these two.

You are the man for the job, i.e publicising these guys & their exploits.

Does MX have any profile in the Australian landscape these days ?
I see Hunter is on the Red Bull team: Hunter Lawrence

You are the man for the job, i.e publicising these guys & their exploits.

Does MX have any profile in the Australian landscape these days ?
I see Hunter is on the Red Bull team: Hunter Lawrence
Mx has never really had any profile in this country. Yet in the states and Europe it's as big as supercars.

I've heard of more obscure sports than mx get a mention on platforms like sen coz one of ours is doing well. And that's great however I'm a little surprised that these two with such dominance have nothing but tumbleweeds. Especially given it's motorsport, which does have high profile in this country.

Guess you're right, will have to wave the flag myself.

Mx has never really had any profile in this country. Yet in the states and Europe it's as big as supercars.

I've heard of more obscure sports than mx get a mention on platforms like sen coz one of ours is doing well. And that's great however I'm a little surprised that these two with such dominance have nothing but tumbleweeds. Especially given it's motorsport, which does have high profile in this country.

Guess you're right, will have to wave the flag myself.

Understand your frustration having been around since the 50s, when Aussie scramble riders had works rides in the UK.

https://amxhistory.com.au/state-motocross-wa : I relate to the names & the places (thanks Dad).

To me the sport has been dominated by stadium racing to its detriment, though I was encouraged by the involvement of Tony Cochrane in the World SuperCross series - unfortunately he has sold his interest & moved on.

Good luck with the Lawrences. Some of the stars (& plodders) of yesteryear might happily support your efforts if you ask.

Yeah,
Understand your frustration having been around since the 50s, when Aussie scramble riders had works rides in the UK.

https://amxhistory.com.au/state-motocross-wa : I relate to the names & the places (thanks Dad).

To me the sport has been dominated by stadium racing to its detriment, though I was encouraged by the involvement of Tony Cochrane in the World SuperCross series - unfortunately he has sold his interest & moved on.

Good luck with the Lawrences. Some of the stars (& plodders) of yesteryear might happily support your efforts if you ask.
Yeah 'stadium motocross ' or supercross is like white ball v red ball cricket.

When it first hit in the 70s in the states, it exploded over there and by extension mx got its huge boost. Since then has grown all over the world. Expanded outside of Europe.

Shame it never took off over here, had a few world champ contenders over that time like Jeff Leisk and Chad Reed who's considered one of the AMA goats.

They're just off the top of my head, many more Australians have impacted world dirt bikes in general.

Thanks for your well wishes and conversation mate.

I seen to remember growing up in the 90s that motocross had a fairly good following in Australia. Is that still the case. I don't really hear much about it. Glad the Aussies are doing well
Yeah from the 90s into the 00s Chad Reed got some coverage here, coz he contested mxgp (very well) and won some AMA titles in the states. Is a household name over there.

Pretty much non existent now unless you're an avid follower, and you've gotta go looking for news if you're an avid follower.

I'd assume if msm here got whiff of what these two are doing they might get some coverage.

If Jett sweeps Unadilla next weekend, I think he has a perfect season. Hunter has been the best rider in the 250's MX this season, but keeps burying himself with average starts. The 2022 450 MX Championship was one of the best championship battles I've ever seen in any form of motorsport. It is disappointing that the sport doesn't get the coverage it deserves in Australia.

If Jett sweeps Unadilla next weekend, I think he has a perfect season. Hunter has been the best rider in the 250's MX this season, but keeps burying himself with average starts. The 2022 450 MX Championship was one of the best championship battles I've ever seen in any form of motorsport. It is disappointing that the sport doesn't get the coverage it deserves in Australia.

How do you guys get coverage ? What you recommend for me ?

Will be interesting to see how tickets sales at this years Australian Supercross Championship and World Supercross Championship.

Obviously these two boys aren't scheduled to attend but the line-ups are really impressive so hopefully it will garner more attention.

Adelaide event being at the AEC makes a massive difference IMO. When i previously attended 20-25 years ago when it was there as opposed to Wayville is was 100x better so fingers crossed for some good attendances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back