The Lid

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a fan of the lid.

I have seen far too much footy to ever be cocky.

I go to the game or finals hoping that Geelong will win. But I always have that uncomfortable knot in my guts before and in the course of the game.

Agree with most above -
anyone who saw the final vs Collingwood last year would have a "Lid firmly on" mantra, even if we won every game right up to the GF.

the good news is that (compared to the "doomsayers" at beginning of year, the Cats have a very good side and have a very good chance of making it to the GF. the team is also getting a number of better defensive and attacking options that it had under Bomber, so better ability to change a game plan against quality opposition. None the less, if we get there and the opponent is Collingwood, I think that we will have to have a very good game to beat them, with nearly everything going right and perhaps with a healthy dose of luck. Not saying this wouldn't happen - I had the same thought in 2009 with the Saints - and we did get a very good game from the Cats with a healthy dose of luck!

most Geelong supporters in all sincerity, didn't give a stuff about the loss on Saturday night, not because we're (I'm) arrogant or because it was the loss we had to have:D...we saw what we can do if we are fully focused and healthy V's Collingwood round 8. Sure they may not have had Jolly nor Maxwell but we too had a slightly different side in on that night amongst a couple of injured players who could shape our finals team in the months ahead.
In many ways, the lid has self consciously stayed shut due to our limited media exposure this season and it's only because of that reason to a large extent that we all question the team's very best against those that challenge and of course those we are striving to dethrone.

Again, excuses are cheap especially in sports but let's be totally honest..how important is it to have a fully fit list when up against a terrific opponent?
The 2010 preliminary won't happen again because of that fact and if you reckon that's total hogwosh, take away one of Collingwood's main key forwards and see how they now fair against the best teams in the league.

Again, excuses are cheap especially in sports but let's be totally honest..how important is it to have a fully fit list when up against a terrific opponent?
The 2010 preliminary won't happen again because of that fact and if you reckon that's total hogwosh, take away one of Collingwood's main key forwards and see how they now fair against the best teams in the league.

Too true! Thats the good thing about blooding so many young guys this year, if we cop injuries we have ready made replacements to come in to cover them.

Scotty isnt as narrow minded as bomber was!!

And on that, it will be interesting to see how Collingwood goes covering Dawes in the coming weeks. especially against Carlton in a fortnight.
Makes it a bit easier for the defence to pick which tall they are going to take down, I think Cloake may struggle to kick a goal!!

Even if we wanted to take the lid off we can't, there is a big fat ugly magpie sitting on it at the moment.

One can only hope by the end of the season there is another grave in the middle of Kardinia Park ;)

frankly I don't know what the OP has been reading to draw his conclusions from. The only thing that I can remember on this board was last year, some nutty poster stated the flag was in the bag. But I think it may have been locked after the PF :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back