Competitions The Magpie's Nest 6 Week Summer Challenge - Information & Progress Log

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but I don't listen. I never do. I don't listen to anybody. It's how I roll. :cool:

I'm always glycogen loaded. I think. When I do my keto I reckon I'll lose more than the 3kgs I initially estimated. Goodbye carbs + water, goodbye fat. :confused: Should be fun seeing those abs though. Plan to get the ex jealous as fuaaarrr.

Will consider the yogurt. I'm kind of attached to my current brand. :eek: :(

Have you planned your keto diet yet? What are you going to eat?

fish and rice cakes? :p

And yea I used to be exclusively Jalna/Gippsland Yogurt, but $$$ always changes my mind!

Have you planned your keto diet yet? What are you going to eat?

fish and rice cakes? :p

And yea I used to be exclusively Jalna/Gippsland Yogurt, but $$$ always changes my mind!
I certainly have.

I'm confined to a lot of fish, a bit of meat here and there. Things like olive oil (straight), fish oil and flaxseed oil.

The problem with this is not that I don't have carbs, it's that I'm eating in defecit for the first time in like ever. Before I started planning I was all, "yeah this will be fine, no carbs that just means lots of meat and fats." Which is only half right - meat and fats yes but not lots. :(

Olive oil straight :eek: How about bacon and eggs instead :p
How much calories will you be on? The plus side of keto is that for most people, 1000 calories feels more like 1500.

Olive oil straight :eek: How about bacon and eggs instead :p
How much calories will you be on? The plus side of keto is that for most people, 1000 calories feels more like 1500.
Yeah, olive oil is just one of the many ways Zyzz taught me how to Keto.

It better friggin work!

Ummm, I can't remember my calories now. I'll find out when I get home but it wasn't many.

The best part will be the re-feed. Friday afternoon right through until Saturday night is just pigging out. Soooo much pizza, so much junk food. :D

On the bright side

caffe-red-bikini.jpg

Her boobs aren't that big, oh and pff that guy in the background does noot deserve to be anywhere near her! :p

Edit. Sorry I messed up, the first response after such a post should be pics or gtfo or pics not loading :p.

On the bright side

caffe-red-bikini.jpg

Her boobs aren't that big, oh and pff that guy in the background does noot deserve to be anywhere near her! :p

Edit. Sorry I messed up, the first response after such a post should be pics or gtfo or pics not loading :p.

LOL!! But my boobs were going to be the winning edge over her... she has the completely flat stomach but no cleavage!! I've lost my winning card :heart::club:

down only about 200-300 grams (fluctuating). Had a s**t week due to spring carnival!!

Not sure what I'm at, had a pretty average few days after the start to the week. As soon as exams started the diet effectively went out the window. I'll be back onto it as of today though considering only one exam this afternoon and 1 more in 10 days! :thumbsu:

Thinking about going on longer runs now as well plus spin classes instead of weights plus a 10-15 minute run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weight loss is so predictable :p Week 2 scale results always stuff people up.
If you lost weight this week, :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Oh and I think it would be interesting if everyone reported back 6 weeks after the end of the challenge.
Everyone will lose weight (unless your goal is not weight related), I am more interested in seeing if people can keep it off.

Oh and I think it would be interesting if everyone reported back 6 weeks after the end of the challenge.
Everyone will lose weight (unless your goal is not weight related), I am more interested in seeing if people can keep it off.
Ahhhhh, the old 'yo-yo theory'.

Lose weight, gain weight. Rinse and repeat.

Oprah is the most famous case of this - went on a very low calorie diet and lost loads of weight. As soon as she was happy with where she was. Went back to old eating habits and the weight was back on quicker than she could realised.

Quite funny really. :D :thumbsu:

Yea my mum used to do that s**t all the time until I actually bothered to teach her how to do s**t properly (in exchange for free food of course :D).

And man I am really feeling it today, I got a little too excited training yesterday because I was able to lift heavier :D So tired today and the session went on for 2 hours instead of the normal 45 minutes!

Think I might have to do some *gasp* cardio to make up for the low intensity!

Edit. Didn't help that Dr.Phil was on - anyone watch today's Ep? That family is ****ed up

Yea my mum used to do that s**t all the time until I actually bothered to teach her how to do s**t properly (in exchange for free food of course :D).

And man I am really feeling it today, I got a little too excited training yesterday because I was able to lift heavier :D So tired today and the session went on for 2 hours instead of the normal 45 minutes!

Think I might have to do some *gasp* cardio to make up for the low intensity!

Edit. Didn't help that Dr.Phil was on - anyone watch today's Ep? That family is ****ed up
Hahahahaha

Get a job!

Hahah HELL NO, the only reason I spend years learning s**t about biochem and endocrinology is so that I don't have to get a part time job :D

Ahhhhh, the old 'yo-yo theory'.

Lose weight, gain weight. Rinse and repeat.

Oprah is the most famous case of this - went on a very low calorie diet and lost loads of weight. As soon as she was happy with where she was. Went back to old eating habits and the weight was back on quicker than she could realised.

Quite funny really. :D :thumbsu:

How do you keep the weight off then?! I'm assuming continue to eat the same calories over and over..

Keeping the weight off is much easier than losing it, its just some people don't diet responsibly to start off with, they place too much focus on the short term, become extremely absolute in their approach and one tiny **** up really ****s them up - if they have that one unplanned cookie, they inhale the rest of the bag. Some physiological aspects because the body likes to **** dieters up but mostly psychological.

Why am I awake?

How do you keep the weight off then?! I'm assuming continue to eat the same calories over and over..
Yeah, what WUT said mainly.

I just recommend re-evaluating after you reach each goal. ie, setting new goals which means new diets, new caloric intakes, new workouts etc.

It saves you from losing interest and having that packet of chips you shouldn't have had. It just keeps you motivated.

Having a bad week.

My last two assignments are due, work is just beyond chaotic and I'm just flat.

Went to the gym today despite having no time because I ate chocolate for breakfast. I was feeling incredibly bad. Booked in an assessment session with someone from the gym - I figure getting someone to design a program based on my goals is better than me going to the gym and just picking up weights with no real idea.

Food wise - i ate chocolate this morning but sometimes these things happen! I had a very mild but still happened eating disorder a few years go so need to remember not to let it control my life!

Back to my very last assignment ever for my undergrad degree! woot!

Yea don't dwell on it, one meal NEVER ruins anyone's progress, just move on.
You sound exactly like one of my clients (unofficial of course, :D, not really supposed to have them yet) who freaked out when ever she ate something she thought was really bad, so i modified her diet to plan for these instances and once she understood that she can still lose weight while having "planned" stuff ups I started getting less emails :):thumbsu:

Most people are too way hard on themselves I think.

Now IMA go back to training to remove my fat, L-O-L

Edit. A week is rather insignificant too when you think about it.

Yea don't dwell on it, one meal NEVER ruins anyone's progress, just move on.
You sound exactly like one of my clients (unofficial of course, :D, not really supposed to have them yet) who freaked out when ever she ate something she thought was really bad, so i modified her diet to plan for these instances and once she understood that she can still lose weight while having "planned" stuff ups I started getting less emails :):thumbsu:

Most people are too way hard on themselves I think.

Now IMA go back to training to remove my fat, L-O-L

Yep - I agree the planned stuff ups are fine and if I have them I work around them for the rest of the day. But I have had a few more than usual unplanned stuff ups this week!

In it for the long term though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back