Society/Culture The Manosphere - Andrew Tate, the PUA grift, and other such nasties.

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a (not so) new scourge in town!

From human trafickers to run of the mill abusive manlets, the web has thrown them all at us.

Mostly they are far-right MAGA types. Some haven't given any political affiliation, but the RWNJ angle it is a path to success many take.

The key seems to be "lie as much as you think you can get away with, then double down. Admitting you are wrong is to show weakness".

The polar opposite of what being a "real man" (or just a functional human) actually is.

Are any going to stick long term? Or is Jordan Peterson's continued successful grift a flash in the pan?

Given YouTube's algorithm has been tweaked to favour talky, chatty videos, some of these aren't snappy takes, but worth a dive to appreciate the full odour of the manosphere.

"Like a lot of social media stars (ahem, Joe Rogan and Jordan Petersen, we’re looking at you), it’s Andrew Tate’s controversial views and willingness to say abhorrent and often factually incorrect things that very few others will have seen him rise to prominence."
"In another video, Tate enacts hitting a person, saying, “slap, slap, grab, choke, shut up b**ch, sex,” in a way that suggests sex is the natural progression from hitting, choking and abusing someone."

"Tate ... earlier said one of his motivations for moving to [Romania] was because the country’s authorities were less likely to pursue sexual assault allegations than other countries."

Here's Tate just bullshitting and running away:

Munecat's dives are always entertaining, though she does put her cringe songs at the end:

Phillion is a bit annoying but always makes good points:

More munecat on the pick up artist grift:

Harris is bloody hilarious:

This guys gets a ton of views. From his bedroom. Skip a minute as he complains about the UK heat. I think there was a more scripted video before this one:

Last edited:
They've found a collective of aggrieved stupidity and market to them.
MAGA-mining is the new crypto

• Admin
They've found a collective of aggrieved stupidity and market to them.
MAGA-mining is the new crypto

They seem to be graduating from fat slobs in bad videos to roidy dudes in better produced content that appeals to the MAGA manlets.

• Admin
And I'll add that hte continued survival of these people on social media is a testament to the fact that the leftists at the big tech companies DON'T actually want to censor anyone. They have to be dragged into it kicking and screaming.

Last edited:
Only heard of Tate recently, sounds like a psychopath. Jordy was great back in the day but has lost the plot. Rogan is cool though and has guests of all backgrounds on his podcasts.

shame that twitter rage-bait accounts have got the crybabies all worked up over him. Try watching an entire ep of his with a genuine scientist or some other interesting cat like Andrew Yang or Bernie. Alternatively just don't tune in at all and live and let live... short twitter soundbytes with no context just sending errbody all Dunning-Kruger up in here.

Sounds like some sort of rabbit hole. Also those response videos look annoying as well.

The key is to adjust your algorithm by blocking such content.

Youtube and social media want you to be endlessly scrolling and reacting to rage bait. A glance at these videos in this thread also show that they're engineered to grab attention with sensational titles and images. I imagine it becomes very easy to lose perspective under such a constant assault.

The manosphere is a heterogeneous group of online communities that includes men's-rights activists (MRAs), incels (involuntary celibates), Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW), pick-up artists (PUAs), and fathers' rights groups. Some of these groups have adversarial relationships with one another.

• Admin
The point is that it is fun to watch these guys taken apart in react videos. You need to skip bits if it gets repetitive. Some are scripted video essays, others are reaction videos with no scripting, live in front of thousands of people in a chat room.

It doesn't change the fact the manosphere is a toilet.

The long-haired guy in the video is the douche bag, and was shown up wrong, not the bald guy. The bald guy is probably a fraud, misogynist, etc, as per the article you posted. But in this video podcast he was being reasonable, answering questions, being honest, etc, and the long-haired guy was infinitely annoying and unfair/biased.
LOL! You watched a different video to me :D

Who was wrong about women drivers?

1660709403916.png

The manosphere is a heterogeneous group of online communities that includes men's-rights activists (MRAs), incels (involuntary celibates), Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW), pick-up artists (PUAs), and fathers' rights groups. Some of these groups have adversarial relationships with one another.
When did you start going down this rabbit hole?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to google the definition because I couldn't make sense of what the thread was supposed to be about.
Oh so you got that off Wikipedia or something? Why not attribute?

Who was wrong about women drivers?
The bald guy was from the outset saying his own personal bias/truth/experience is where his attitude comes from. It may not be right, but it is his, and that's all he's saying ...that was his point. Which even the long-hair guy stumbled on admitting he has his own biases/experienced etc. Bald guy maybe cynically is saying all imperial studies are not to be accepted/trusted (which he is wrong about), but all I'm saying is at least the bald guy was being upfront, honest and trying to answer the questions, allowing even the other guy to make fun of him, trying to get by that to address the debate.....but the long haired guy was just a huge dick thruout that podcast and comes off worse to talk with. Even his pals were slamming him for ruining the podcast, talking over everyone, and just being mean and sarcastic etc

As for women drivers ... Thats not at all the issue I'm talking about ....clearly women are good drivers etc....im just saying the bald guy at least tried to debate fair, was more reasonable in the debate, and the long haired guy was incredibly annoying and couldnt even admit he was wrong about anything, just a nasty person, has an agenda.

The bald guy was from the outset saying his own personal bias/truth/experience is where his attitude comes from. It may not be right, but it is his, and that's all he's saying ...that was his point. Which even the long-hair guy stumbled on admitting he has his own biases/experienced etc. Bald guy maybe cynically is saying all imperial studies are not to be accepted/trusted (which he is wrong about), but all I'm saying is at least the bald guy was being upfront, honest and trying to answer the questions, allowing even the other guy to make fun of him, trying to get by that to address the debate.....but the long haired guy was just a huge dick thruout that podcast and comes off worse to talk with. Even his pals were slamming him for ruining the podcast, talking over everyone, and just being mean and sarcastic etc

As for women drivers ... Thats not at all the issue I'm talking about ....clearly women are good drivers etc....im just saying the bald guy at least tried to debate fair, was more reasonable in the debate, and the long haired guy was incredibly annoying and couldnt even admit he was wrong about anything, just a nasty person, has an agenda.
What?

What was the debate about, GG? Was it about manners, or whether men or women are safer drivers?

Even if 'the long haired guy' is 'boring', 'rude' or 'incredibly annoying', it doesn't affect whether or not he was correct. Everything else is windowdressing.

There's a (not so) new scourge in town!

From human trafickers to run of the mill abusive manlets, the web has thrown them all at us.

Mostly they are far-right MAGA types. Some haven't given any political affiliation, but the RWNJ angle it is a path to success many take.

The key seems to be "lie as much as you think you can get away with, then double down. Admitting you are wrong is to show weakness".

The polar opposite of what being a "real man" (or just a functional human) actually is.

Are any going to stick long term? Or is Jordan Peterson's continued successful grift a flash in the pan?

Given YouTube's algorithm has been tweaked to favour talky, chatty videos, some of these aren't snappy takes, but worth a dive to appreciate the full odour of the manosphere.

"Like a lot of social media stars (ahem, Joe Rogan and Jordan Petersen, we’re looking at you), it’s Andrew Tate’s controversial views and willingness to say abhorrent and often factually incorrect things that very few others will have seen him rise to prominence."
"In another video, Tate enacts hitting a person, saying, “slap, slap, grab, choke, shut up b**ch, sex,” in a way that suggests sex is the natural progression from hitting, choking and abusing someone."

"Tate ... earlier said one of his motivations for moving to [Romania] was because the country’s authorities were less likely to pursue sexual assault allegations than other countries."

Here's Tate just bullshitting and running away:

Munecat's dives are always entertaining, though she does put her cringe songs at the end:

Phillion is a bit annoying but always makes good points:

More munecat on the pick up artist grift:

Harris is bloody hilarious:

This guys gets a ton of views. From his bedroom. Skip a minute as he complains about the UK heat. I think there was a more scripted video before this one:

Why do you give filth like this oxygen?

Why do you give filth like this oxygen?
No just pointing out already popular nutbars and posting videos critical of them and their grifts.

The 40 people who see this are nothing to the thousands and thousands of people who already "follow" these people.

Why people care about what 6 flogs think about some other flog has never made sense to me, but clearly there's enough to get everyone paid.

They are all whores to the algorithms anyway, who cares what their opinions are? It's all meaningless.
Out of interest, could you give me a percentage figure of precisely how much more meaningless this thread or the videos in the OP are than - for example - the sport of Aussie rules?

While I'm at it.

In the few gaming Discord groups I'm in, when I mention Tate, most people know him. He's already made his lackeys grind for him in his multi level marketing / ponzi scheme and get him millions of views on social media.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back