Society/Culture The Manosphere - Andrew Tate, the PUA grift, and other such nasties.

Remove this Banner Ad

Also let's be honest, this sort of money for a program is about enough to hit the news but that's it.

It's not going to do s**t to combat the problem

View attachment 1842206

We used to have a way to stop this behaviour. It was called "bullying". These dorks need to be bullied out of it.

It's odd that conservatives want to continuously remind everybody that males and females are intrinsically different, but then complain about a program that addresses one of those differences.
Conservatives aren’t going to get well adjusted young males to fight wars for them

Any advert about male aggression recently in australia. So shallow in its concept.

Or adverts about sex consent where the use of the word sex is avoided.
Got any examples?
What did you mean by mum projects as well?

Got any examples?
What did you mean by mum projects as well?

Any advert where the moral point is to shame a young male kid for disrespecting a young female. I get that abusive attitudes start somewhere, but the adverts are just so damn shallow.
I’m not questioning the intent, just the weak adverts. We all know a nsw advert about sexual consent was told not to use the word sex
I linked a better alternative by Daisy Turnbull. Have a read

Any advert where the moral point is to shame a young male kid for disrespecting a young female. I get that abusive attitudes start somewhere, but the adverts are just so damn shallow.
I’m not questioning the intent, just the weak adverts. We all know a nsw advert about sexual consent was told not to use the word sex
I linked a better alternative by Daisy Turnbull. Have a read
I read the article I'm asking you what you meant because what I quoted to me had no link to the article you posted

I read the article I'm asking you what you meant because what I quoted to me had no link to the article you posted

Get to the point man. What do you want to use to prove your superiority over me? Everyone knows what runway questioning is. You aren’t really that smart.

I contributed an article to this discussion, you chose to tangent

Get to the point man. What do you want to use to prove your superiority over me? Everyone knows what runway questioning is. You aren’t really that smart.

I contributed an article to this discussion, you chose to tangent
I've asked you twice what you mean by mother's turning their sons into projects.

I've asked this because you wrote it and I can't see how it links to the Turnbull article.

You can answer or not but I'm not playing trick questions I actually don't know what you meant by that phrase

I've asked you twice what you mean by mother's turning their sons into projects.

I've asked this because you wrote it and I can't see how it links to the Turnbull article.

You can answer or not but I'm not playing trick questions I actually don't know what you meant by that phrase

Try to forget I said it then. It wasn’t the main point. The article I quoted. I said it was better than a lot of other stuff recently

Gralin ‘ you need to quote examples of them too’

Actually mate, I don’t need to, and this in no way diminishes the article I quoted

Research keeps showing us that this conversation shouldn’t be corrective or punitive. No boy is going to listen when the conversation starts with: “Now we will stop you being toxic!” Rather, it should be preventative. Programs such as Tomorrow Man and Tomorrow Woman focus on educating young people in understanding their own emotions.
We know respect is foundational to ending violence against women, but even more so is respect and understanding of one’s self. When boys are given the language and the skills to regulate and communicate their own emotions and understand others, they can navigate the complexities of relationships, their partners’ success, jealousy, break-ups, and everything else that life throws at them without needing to dominate and control. We know this is possible because there are many more great men who do not seek to control.

As parents, we can talk to our children about emotions, friendships and relationships the same way. De-gender it. Allow emotions. Let boys cry and allow girls to express their anger. Let them see you work through a bad mood, an argument, a stressful day, rather than suppress it or wait until it explodes. Teach them that all people matter, and as soon as someone tries to control another person, it doesn’t matter how good a guy or girl they were.

Daisy doesn’t quote recent shallow recent advertising. She doesn’t need to

Try to forget I said it then. It wasn’t the main point. The article I quoted. I said it was better than a lot of other stuff recently

Gralin ‘ you need to quote examples of them too’

Actually mate, I don’t need to, and this in no way diminishes the article I quoted
Remember when I explained myself and said you don't have to answer if you don't want to?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We both know what you were attempting to do. Not with me, comrade
Well I'm glad you know what's going on here because I don't

Pasted for those not aware of its existence, incredibly it seems

This ad is over 2 years old…. released under the previous govt
It was briefly aired & then pulled off air after receiving a lot of criticism

Im also not sure what you’re trying to say?

I wouldn’t even have posted it if not badgered by gralin.

I’m saying a lot of advertising in the ‘toxic masculinity’ space is laughably shallow. I’m not saying toxic masculinity isn’t a problem. That advert was the worst of a poor bunch.

I wouldn’t even have posted it if not badgered by gralin.

I’m saying a lot of advertising in the ‘toxic masculinity’ space is laughably shallow. I’m not saying toxic masculinity isn’t a problem. That advert was the worst of a poor bunch.
That ad was about consent

And from memory it had a girl pressuring a boy

Yeh safe to say im lost as well. The "mums project" things feels mildly important and certainly not the sort of thing you just throw away.

We used to have a way to stop this behaviour. It was called "bullying". These dorks need to be bullied out of it.

My take is that good parenting would be most crucial to stop this carry on. I guess a lot more boys these days come from a broken home, maybe no strong male role model and they cling onto these ****wits, who are more than happy to feed them bullshit for clicks and notoriety.

Though I'd much rather my son be following Jordan Peterson than Tate if I had a choice, I think they get lumped in together a lot but really Tate is far worse for a lot of reasons.

My take is that good parenting would be most crucial to stop this carry on. I guess a lot more boys these days come from a broken home, maybe no strong male role model and they cling onto these *******s, who are more than happy to feed them bullshit for clicks and notoriety.

Though I'd much rather my son be following Jordan Peterson than Tate if I had a choice, I think they get lumped in together a lot but really Tate is far worse for a lot of reasons.
Id rather neither TBH. Peterson is a ****ing grifter, his best bit of advice was make your bed every day and since then hes spiralled into navel gazing psuedo MRA bullshit.

That ad was about consent

And from memory it had a girl pressuring a boy
There was an online thing about mom-fluencers shaming their young sons for, like, not being able to find the Kombucha in the pantry by themselves.

There was an online thing about mom-fluencers shaming their young sons for, like, not being able to find the Kombucha in the pantry by themselves.
that would explain why I know nothing about it

that would explain why I know nothing about it
Scrolled by in my YouTube shorts - some lefty pointing out how awful it is.

"Be like me! Save your son's future partner by teaching him to <some basic task>!"

"Your son's future wife will thank you if you teach him to <yadda yadda>."

"Most moms don't do this!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back