Matildas The Matildas Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
What will be interesting will be which FTA broadcaster gets the rights. Something tells me that SBS won't win the rights and it would go to a major FTA network.

I reckon it'll be SBS and Foxtel. 7 and 9 will have competing sports when it's on, ABC doesn't do sport and 10 is for teenagers.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
1/10 - needs original material.

But it's true that women's soccer is a bit s**t.

If Megan Rapinoe was serious about getting equal pay she would be pushing for women to be able to play alongside men in mixed teams. She doesn't because she knows she wouldn't get a game.

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Australia will automatically qualify as a host nation. Do New Zealand also automatically qualify or can there be only one host nation who automatically qualifies in a joint-bid?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
I rate Milicic. He should have got the Melbourne Heart job ahead of Aloisi back in the day. Was Popovic's number 2 when they won the ACL and was on his way to coach in Croatia when he got the Matildas call. Then again he may one of these types that's a great coach but not a great manager.

For purely romantic reasons wouldn't mind NZ coach Tommy Sermanni make a comeback like the prodigal son he is. We've stolen things of New Zealand before.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
I reckon it'll be SBS and Foxtel. 7 and 9 will have competing sports when it's on, ABC doesn't do sport and 10 is for teenagers.

Do FIFA sell these rights? Will the local admin get a say?
Are these things clean in world soccer?

Can SBS or the ABC pay enough?

So many questions, sorry !!

Suggestion this morning on social media that Mackenzie Arnold has signed with West Ham but I have not found anything official.

If it is true, then there are only EVE and Kennedy in the NWSL and since Orlando isn't playing the Challenge Cup, there are no Australians involved in that tournament.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back