Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

You may be a drunk but being a yobbo and having a PhD are mutually exclusive. ;)
Nah, plenty of yobbo in me :).
The estate I'm from makes Davoren Park look like Beverley Hills.

Mark Robinson gold. He's making it hard for me to continue disliking him.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...loss-to-essendon/story-e6frf3e3-1226876129601

2. Adelaide
Outside of Melbourne, is there bigger stink-bomb of a team in the competition? Twelve goals to four after half-time and seven to zero in the final quarter at their home ground and with a packed home crowd. Pods was strong, Sloane was dogged and the numbers actually praised the team overall, but there’s something wrong. Ran out of legs, leaders were rare, and their ball use and decision-making once again let them down. You know what, they are erratic.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...loss-to-essendon/story-e6frf3e3-1226876129601

A quote from Tredrea in today's Tiser. :)

e8aqazas.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Crowvertiser are really slipping. Where's the front page headline, "Port Power Major Sponsor Fined $1.2M"

Penberthy is right, this lack of negativity towards all things Port Adelaide must stop.

Energy Australia have been fine $1.2M over the deceptive conduct of some of its door-to-door sales people.

The Crowvertiser are really slipping. Where's the front page headline, "Port Power Major Sponsor Fined $1.2M"

Penberthy is right, this lack of negativity towards all things Port Adelaide must stop.

Energy Australia have been fine $1.2M over the deceptive conduct of some of its door-to-door sales people.
Don't give Em any ammo ffs! Now the first 5 pages will be written a about every bad link ever to show its head near mecca (alberton).

Don't give Em any ammo ffs! Now the first 5 pages will be written a about every bad link ever to show its head near mecca (alberton).
In the past any tenuous link possible would be used for a negative headline linked to the PAFC. Now that we are the darlings of the football world, outside of little ol' Crowville, they have changed their tune. Flicking through a discarded copy of today's Crowvertiser I found that story on page 14.

It's now more likely that tomorrow's headline is "Crows Major Sponsor Recalls 6.4 Million Vehicles". But, then again, pigs might fly. :rolleyes:

Edit: Posted before seeing Pt Augusta Power's post. :thumbsu:

Maybe we could use some of those dodgy salespeople to sell Port memberships to unsuspecting, dementia-riddled Crows fans.

Oi!
There's nothing dodgy about Impey. :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott Lucas is fast becoming one of my favourite football commentators.

He speaks on SEN on 'the run home' as 'captain not so obvious', bringing up interesting football issues that aren't getting as much air time as they should.

He is a very astute and informative commentator. I've learnt a lot listening to him and I'd say my football knowledge was already fairly decent.

Even though it IS obvious, one statistic that he threw out there last night was the ladder for scores against from turnovers is damning -

16. Demons with about 70
17. Carlton with around 95
18. Crows with 140

That is incredible. Makes you wonder if using their first pick last year to pick up a youngster with known problems of kicking deficiencies was the best idea...

He also made some great comments about where the game's at and the current style of football being played. He mentioned that he first saw the game starting to change in his last 2 years of football as hawthorn began to implement the 18 man zone defence. He spoke about how in the past, it was the power forwards role to get themselves in position to benefit from a turnover up the field caused by their midfielders and lead at the midfielder. These days, the power forward a lot of the time has to be up the ground, helping to create the turnover and it is the running midfielders who will carry it down the field and kick the running goal. He said he flicked on foxtel the other night to a footy flash back match between geelong and hawthorn back in the day. At half time, Geelong was on 7 goals and Ablett had kicked 6 of them as a one out in the goal square. Basically, if the kick was good, the forward would mark it as they had so much space to run into. These days, if you set up like that, you'd lead into 2-3 backsides of the opposition.

..... one statistic that he threw out there last night was the ladder for scores against from turnovers is damning -

16. Demons with about 70
18. Crows with 140

Watching the Cows backline chip the ball slowly sideways across half back and then back again until they eventually turned it over reminded me very much of the way we played in the recent dark years. :oops:

Apparently Stupid said after the Showdown that scores from turnovers shouldn't count. :rolleyes:

Scott Lucas is fast becoming one of my favourite football commentators.

He speaks on SEN on 'the run home' as 'captain not so obvious', bringing up interesting football issues that aren't getting as much air time as they should.

He is a very astute and informative commentator. I've learnt a lot listening to him and I'd say my football knowledge was already fairly decent.

Even though it IS obvious, one statistic that he threw out there last night was the ladder for scores against from turnovers is damning -

16. Demons with about 70
18. Crows with 140

That is incredible. Makes you wonder if using their first pick last year to pick up a youngster with known problems of kicking deficiencies was the best idea...

He also made some great comments about where the game's at and the current style of football being played. He mentioned that he first saw the game starting to change in his last 2 years of football as hawthorn began to implement the 18 man zone defence. He spoke about how in the past, it was the power forwards role to get themselves in position to benefit from a turnover up the field caused by their midfielders and lead at the midfielder. These days, the power forward a lot of the time has to be up the ground, helping to create the turnover and it is the running midfielders who will carry it down the field and kick the running goal. He said he flicked on foxtel the other night to a footy flash back match between geelong and hawthorn back in the day. At half time, Geelong was on 7 goals and Ablett had kicked 6 of them as a one out in the goal square. Basically, if the kick was good, the forward would mark it as they had so much space to run into. These days, if you set up like that, you'd lead into 2-3 backsides of the opposition.

It's been suggested to me by one particular wag that the reason for this avalanche of turnovers is due to the team being blissfully unaware of its limitations after Sando convinced them a flag was right around the corner.

There's a lack of dare and skill execution, but then there's not being very good.

Sando convinced them a flag was right around the corner.

Hmmm...maybe it was one of these statements that got them believing..
  • 'Sando Spike'
  • Hottest summer since 97/98
  • "I wouldn't swap our midfield for anyone ... they're worthy of being called A-grade,"
  • "Baltimore Ravens won the Superbowl"
more added as per Doctor Feel , Rankor , SilenceOz
  • grizzly adams has a beard
  • "Only 2 teams are undefeated this year and we are one of them."
  • winning form is good form

You see where I'm going with this don't you..

Last edited:
  • 'Sando Spike'
  • "I wouldn't swap our midfield for anyone ... they're worthy of being called A-grade,"

• Grizzly Adams had a beard

• 'Sando Spike'
Should have added-

"Only 2 teams are undefeated this year and we are one of them."

• 'Sando Spike'
  • Grizzly Adams had a beard
  • Winning form is good form

Remove this Banner Ad

Back