The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming Mooy leaves at seasons end, I'd upgrade Bruno to his marquee spot and look for a quality attacking mid for the other marquee spot. Perhaps someone of the ilk of Mikel Arteta is in the affordable range, but a Daniele De Rossi would be a huge statement if we wanted to fork out the coin to get him.

Assuming Mooy leaves at seasons end, I'd upgrade Bruno to his marquee spot and look for a quality attacking mid for the other marquee spot. Perhaps someone of the ilk of Mikel Arteta is in the affordable range, but a Daniele De Rossi would be a huge statement if we wanted to fork out the coin to get him.
ARTETA would be a good get for this Comp. but I think he's staying on as a coach at Arsenal

Absolute garbage that was

Mooy was well down, gave no quality service, no one else doing anything of note, wasted a heap of chances in the first half and were rightly punished.

Wish Van't Schip would just play 4-3-3/4-2-3-1/4-4-2, this 3-4-1-2/5-2-1-2 is horrible defensively, full backs playing as wing backs push way too high up the pitch leaving the 3 CBs exposed/out of position, Zullo was poor last week as most of WSWs attacks came from their right wing, while Franjic was abysmal today imo and didn't help Melling out when sent off, I can't recall him doing any solid defending at all on his right side, he just bombs forward all day leaving massive gaps out on that left wing for whoever to run into.

Just play a back 4 dude and use proper wingers like Garrucio FFS

Red card leaves a sour taste in the mouth, yes Melling was last man, but it was not a goal scoring opportunity as Melling had the ball last and was well out on the left wing and the player who was fouled did not have the ball in the first place so where is the opportunity to score if he didn't have possession of the ball, nor is within an acceptable range to expect to score from? That rule is massively flawed imo, clear penalty however, never put your arm out in the box, always asking for trouble doing so.

No way De Rossi would leave Roma at only 31-32?

He'd still have unfinished business there I'd imagine.

Arteta would be solid however, his vision and distribution still is quality, just don't make him do the heavy lifting and give him a proper holding mid to play next to.

Gotta say also, best attack in the league with 44 goals scored, but 2nd worst defence with 33 conceded, we are equal on points with Sydney yet they've conceded 14 less goals. Nearly 2 goals a game we concede, it's just not good enough.

Defences win titles imo, do something van't Schip

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno. I think we are a bit off the boil. I'm not sure that the personnel changes have worked. I liked Paartalu and Mauk in midfield and now we look a bit pedestrian. Mooy has dropped off a bit (set pieces in particular). Malik hasn't settled well (might move to mid now with Wilkinson arriving?). Thank god for Bruno and Sorensen.

I'm pessimistic this week and for our chances going forward. Something is out of whack.

R19 MCY v MVC.png
SUBS: (2 to be omitted)
  • Bouzanis (GK)
  • Trifiro
  • Dekker
  • Retre
  • Garuccio
  • Eyigun
  • Fitzgerald
INS:
  • Wilkinson (Transfer)
  • Caceres
  • Eyigun (Promoted)
OUTS:
  • Melling (Suspension)
UNAVAILABLE:
  • Hughes (calf 2 weeks)
  • Chapman (knee 4 weeks)
  • Gameiro (knee season)
Wilkinson supposedly has enough fitness to start, but if he doesn't he'll get replaced by Malik and Retre will go into the midfield.

I'm also curious to see if we continue with this 3-5-2 formation given it failed miserably against Newcastle.

Notable INS for the visiting team: Thompson returns from injury, Ben Khalfallah returns from suspension.

Was funny when victory got their goal off go the flares. City crowd around me all start booing, then we get the goal back - priceless

Brain dead flogs, couldn't have scripted that better.

Let's talk about Bruno Fornaroli. Sign that boy up! International marquee right now! Give him a 10 year buddy Franklin sized contract I don't care. Just keep him here for as long as possible.

Side note: how did Wilkinson fare?

Let's talk about Bruno Fornaroli. Sign that boy up! International marquee right now! Give him a 10 year buddy Franklin sized contract I don't care. Just keep him here for as long as possible.

Side note: how did Wilkinson fare?

From what I saw Wilkinson went pretty well before being taken off early-ish in the second half.

Hilarious my twitter feed last night

Whinge whinge whinge whinge, Victory fans got their comeuppance from giving us shit last week regarding the red card

Probably was a goal but LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, those tears are salty and delicious, just as bad as Arsenal fans some Victory fans (some are probably Arsenal fans themselves).

Last edited:
Hilarious my twitter feed last night

Whinge whinge whinge whinge, Victory fans got their comeuppance from giving us shit last week regarding the red card

Probably was a goal but LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, those tears are salty and delicious, just as bad as Arsenal fans some Victory fans (some are probably Arsenal fans themselves).

lol probably was a goal?

Yeah laugh mate if the shoe was on the other foot you and your supporters would be fuming and whinging just as much!

Don't forget what goes around comes around champ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back