The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Three good signings depth wise. I hold out great hope with Caceres, i thought he was finally starting to show a bit in his last 10 or so games before he left and hopefully the experience with Al Wasl will have improved him as a player.

Arzani heading to London to discuss his future. This is not good for us.

As with Mooy we have failed to cash in while he was here and now we will struggle to replace the talent.

Two. One of which will likely be a marquee.
Three confirmed visas are Bruno, Bart and O'Halloran.
That's what I thought. Right now the basis of the team would be something like (assuming Arzani is gone)

Galekovic
Atkinson - La Rocca - Schenkenveld - Jamieson
Caceres - McGree - Brattan
O'Hallaran - Fornaroli - Vidosic
Delbridge obviously the first centre half as back up. I'd prefer us getting a CAM to replace Caceres in the XI and play the 4-2-3-1, Honda would be perfect for that role. Maybe a full back for the other international that can play on either side given Atkinson's youth and Jamieson's injury history.

That's what I thought. Right now the basis of the team would be something like (assuming Arzani is gone)

Galekovic
Atkinson - La Rocca - Schenkenveld - Jamieson
Caceres - McGree - Brattan
O'Hallaran - Fornaroli - Vidosic
Delbridge obviously the first centre half as back up. I'd prefer us getting a CAM to replace Caceres in the XI and play the 4-2-3-1, Honda would be perfect for that role. Maybe a full back for the other international that can play on either side given Atkinson's youth and Jamieson's injury history.
Tbh i dont think theres any chance Galekovic starts over Bouzanis to start with. It will take injury or a significant form drop off for Bouzanis to be booted from there.
Obv with the visa's its key that one is a good quality CB. The other, and the marquee will either be a CAM or RW depending on what Arzani is doing. Tbh i think we are pretty well positioned as a squad going into the season. Pierias more than capable as a backup at FB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are getting pumped by Girona at the moment, 5-0 with about 20 minutes to go.
Haven't seen what sort of team we put out though.
We reversed our 6-0 drubbing of Kerala, the Indian team.
Tonight, no Malik, no Shenkeveld, can't think of any other notable absentees.
Girona is a class above all A league teams though, same ilk as Barcelona.
Not sure why we played them.

We reversed our 6-0 drubbing of Kerala, the Indian team.
Tonight, no Malik, no Shenkeveld, can't think of any other notable absentees.
Girona is a class above all A league teams though, same ilk as Barcelona.
Not sure why we played them.
Girona are partially owned by the City Group also, so easy to tee up I'd imagine

They're basically Man Citys La Liga version of what Vitesse is to Chelsea in the Eredivisie. A lot of youth players from Man City go there on loan to get experience.

6-0 to Girona, who finished La Liga in 9th last season, isn't a horrible result, especially considering we were playing a 17 year old kid from Ballarat as a CB. Its preseason, we're building. The style of play was good. We won't play that level of talent in ACL, let alone A-League.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back