The Mighty Claremont Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win from Claremont.

Swans came out hard in the opening quarter, but Claremonts class was evident as they cruzed to a 54 point win in front of 1812 people.

Handily, Blackwell and Wilkes were Claremonts best,Brett Jones' run out of the back line was sorely missed.

Jess Laurie had a dirty day, being knocked out in the Second quarter only to return and find himself being stretchered off in the last quarter after falling awkwardly. Clancy Ruderforth is Claremonts only other injury concern, copping a knock to that jaw in another behind the play incident against Swan Districts.

Beau Wilkes was again reported for striking, and I thought the umpiring display was actually quite good.

All in all, a fairly good day for Claremont, who I thought really did cruze home with out too much of an effort in the second half.

And it was fantastic to see that Luke Adams was back supporting Swans yesterday. And even more fantastic that Swans lost to the mighty Tigers. :D

A bitterly disappointing performance from Claremont Today.

The sharks, to their credit, were quicker, stronger, more hungry and more skillful. Classier In general.

They did it without 2 of their standout performers of the season as well, in Masten and Griffin.

Claremont were woeful, missing targets all over the place, I felt sorry for the forwards, the delivery into the 50 was appalling.

East freo's pressure was relentless, O'brien and McNamara were outstanding.

Blackwell And Lee were Claremont's best contributors, with Jack Bradshaw continuing to prove that he has been, in my view, the find of the season.

There were signs of some good footy last week against Swans, and I thought we might just be starting to hit some form, but the Sharks were able to totally shut us down today.

A warning to the rest of the competition, the Sharks are a quality outfit, don't underestimate them come September. I would really like to avoid them, they are one of only two teams to beat us twice this year.

Two positives from a Claremont perspective
1. We are sitting Pretty comfortably at number 1 on the ladder, yet are still performing miles below our best.
2. Jack Bradshaw, the kids a gun.

Thanks heaps for the review EFH. I was wondering what on earth happened. I just hate losing to East Freo. They're my brother's team. :p

A fairly typical Claremont performance, close-ish game in the first half, before our class prevails in the second.

The win wasn't overly impressive against a fairly average peel side, but there were some promising signs and we got the job done none-the-less.

Brendon Jones and Jordon Jones were Peels best contributors, with 25 and 20 touches respectively, apart from those two, no-one else really looked as if they came to play.

Luke Blackwell secured 5 more Sandover votes, amassing 45 touches, including 30 kicks, and a goal. Swift was also quite impressive with 36, as were Beau Wilkes and Chad Jones with five goals each. My man Jack Bradshaw kicked 3 goals amongst his 26 touches. There were a lot of solid contributors, including Mitchell, Browne, Murphy, Foster, Gilligan, Jones and Lee. Young gun Marley Williams was impressive as was Mitch Andrews in the ruck.

The day was soured by another hamstring injury to Ryan Brabazon, who hobbled off the ground at half time and was not sighted again.
It was a quality all round team performance from the Tigers, running out 25.11 161 to 10.8 68 winners.

On the reserves front...
It was unfortunately my first reserves game of the year! How I wish I could get to more.
But anyway, what an incredible win it was, I have honestly never seen anything like it, Peel were disgusting.

Orzel and Rowe are pushing hard for selection in the 1's, as is Ben Saunders with 11 goals, all be it against Teal colored witches hats.

In the end, Claremont prevailed in a heart stopper, just scraping past Peel with a thrilling, 36.17 233 to 1.2 8 victory.

A 91 point loss in the Colts, 225 point loss in the reserves and a 93 point loss I'm the league capped a dark, dark day in the history of the Peel Thunder Football Club.

Orzel and Rowe are pushing hard for selection in the 1's, as is Ben Saunders with 11 goals, all be it against Teal colored witches hats.

In the end, Claremont prevailed in a heart stopper, just scraping past Peel with a thrilling, 36.17 233 to 1.2 8 victory.

A 91 point loss in the Colts, 225 point loss in the reserves and a 93 point loss I'm the league capped a dark, dark day in the history of the Peel Thunder Football Club.

Again, thanks heaps for your rather amusing and cleverly worded review. :)

GRAND FINAL WEEK - Make sure you mark in your diary Friday September 23rd. It's the final training session for both league and reserves before the big game and you're welcome to attend.

It will be a great few hours at Claremont Oval starting from 5pm. There will be a free sausage sizzle with past players in attendance and both bars will be open. Bring the kids because there will be competitions for them with GF tickets up for grabs and a free junior clinic from 4pm.

This year coach Simon McPhee and Captain Clancy Rudeforth will be speaking to members and supporters after training so it will be a fantastic lead up to the Grand Final and it would be great to see a big turn out of Tiger faithful.

GRAND FINAL DAY - We have 2000 tickets in the same block for the big day so if you would like to be sitting amongst friends and not the enemy call the club to book your tickets on 9384 9200.

GRAND FINAL NIGHT - Win or lose make sure you celebrate a terrific season from all three grades and come back to the Members Lounge from 5pm. There will be plenty of great food and entertainment with presentations (and hopefully the lifting of the cup!) from 7pm.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Club Champion Awards - Our Club Champion awards are on Saturday October 15th at the club in the Members Lounge starting at 7.30pm. Tickets are $35 and include a 2 course buffet dinner and a full bar service will be available for the purchase of drinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I'm as nervous as hell. This will be our best chance for a while methinks.
We've faffed up so many Grand Finals in recent times we just have to win this one.
I myself plan to be sitting among the members as stated in the finals thread.
I haven't been to a winning Grand Final since 1993.

Yep I'm as nervous as hell. This will be our best chance for a while methinks.
We've faffed up so many Grand Finals in recent times we just have to win this one.
I myself plan to be sitting among the members as stated in the finals thread.
I haven't been to a winning Grand Final since 1993.

I've never seen us win a premiership:eek:

Yeah i saw the 93 GF as well.. didnt get to the last one, just watched it on TV :eek:

Fantastic effort by the club to get all 3 grades into the GF as well :thumbsu:

That's awesome. I'm looking forward to watching the preliminary final today to see who will be Claremont's victim next week.

GRAND FINAL WEEK - Make sure you mark in your diary Friday September 23rd. It's the final training session for both league and reserves before the big game and you're welcome to attend.

It will be a great few hours at Claremont Oval starting from 5pm. There will be a free sausage sizzle with past players in attendance and both bars will be open. Bring the kids because there will be competitions for them with GF tickets up for grabs and a free junior clinic from 4pm.

This year coach Simon McPhee and Captain Clancy Rudeforth will be speaking to members and supporters after training so it will be a fantastic lead up to the Grand Final and it would be great to see a big turn out of Tiger faithful.

GRAND FINAL DAY - We have 2000 tickets in the same block for the big day so if you would like to be sitting amongst friends and not the enemy call the club to book your tickets on 9384 9200.

GRAND FINAL NIGHT - Win or lose make sure you celebrate a terrific season from all three grades and come back to the Members Lounge from 5pm. There will be plenty of great food and entertainment with presentations (and hopefully the lifting of the cup!) from 7pm.

The Grand Final Fixtures!!

All to be played at Patersons Stadium

Colts
Claremont vs South Fremantle
9:30 (what happened to night GF?)
Saturday, September 24

Reserves
Claremont vs Perth
10:50
Sunday, September 25

League
Claremont vs Subiaco
2:15
Sunday, September 25

After last year how good was that.

I have now been to Subiaco Oval and seen 8 Claremont flags.

1964, 1981, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996, 2011.

I will always remember the 1964 GF sitting on my old mans shoulders as a 7 year old and experiencing mass hysteria for the first time, after Claremonts come from behind win, to beat "Big Bob Johnsons" Old Easts as they were known then. Little did I know then that I would see the sons on several of that 1964 Claremont team also play in Claremont Premierships in the 1990's.

Irwin Lewis # 17...... Cameron Lewis and Chris Lewis.
Ian Brayshaw # 22.....Mark Brayshaw.
Kieran Guard #5....Jeremy Guard.
Dale Edwards #8......Scott Edwards.
Ken Mann..... Peter Mann.

Watching on that great day these guys plus other household names in the Claremont district: Les Mumme #11, Lorne Cook #12, Wayne "Boomer " Harvey #19,John Fairbrass, Michael Smart #14, John Dethrich, John "Buck " Rogers #24, Alan Mycock # 15, John McIntosh #25 (father of West Coast Ashley) and who could ever forget the one and only Kevin Clune # 6. But to name a few ...:p

Coached by Jim Conway.

That Day in 1964 I became a Claremont supporter for life. Just in case you had not noticed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back