The Mighty Claremont Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

It was an outstanding game of football. A pity about the result. You couldn't fault the players endeavour though.

Well done to West Perth.
In regard to an elderly West Perth suppoter who sat behind me....he gave an injured Reserves Claremont player a mouthfull for retaliating to West Perth's No. 28 unfair severe push into the injured player's shoulder as the Claremont player was leaving the field just in front of the interchange bench. When I turned to point out to the elederly man that No. 28 caused the altercation, I also copped a mouthful.
The elderly West Perth supporter continued his poor taste comments towards Claremont players & the umpires throughout the League game.
The anger I felt towards him has now turned to me feeling sorry for him...if that is how he gets his excitement in life by being a sarcastic & foul mouthed person.
All afternoon, smart arse comments about Claremont were heard from others as well.
I enjoyed the game but some of the West Perth supporters need to have a real good look at themselves.
This was the worst I have experienced in attending WAFL games over the past 2 years

Well done to West Perth.
In regard to an elderly West Perth suppoter who sat behind me....he gave an injured Reserves Claremont player a mouthfull for retaliating to West Perth's No. 28 unfair severe push into the injured player's shoulder as the Claremont player was leaving the field just in front of the interchange bench. When I turned to point out to the elederly man that No. 28 caused the altercation, I also copped a mouthful.
The elderly West Perth supporter continued his poor taste comments towards Claremont players & the umpires throughout the League game.
The anger I felt towards him has now turned to me feeling sorry for him...if that is how he gets his excitement in life by being a sarcastic & foul mouthed person.
All afternoon, smart arse comments about Claremont were heard from others as well.
I enjoyed the game but some of the West Perth supporters need to have a real good look at themselves.
This was the worst I have experienced in attending WAFL games over the past 2 years

And you failed to even mention the loudmouth who sits right near the TV microphones and yells stuff at the top of his lungs every 30 seconds or so. Talk about annoying. :mad:

the best moment was when some one yelled out Hey brett stop yelling out instructions its not your job and some one responded it is his fuc**en job mate!

And you failed to even mention the loudmouth who sits right near the TV microphones and yells stuff at the top of his lungs every 30 seconds or so. Talk about annoying. :mad:

CAAAAAAARRRRRRRNNNNNNN WEEEEEESSSSSST !!!!!!!!!

Is that the bloke?

CAAAAAAARRRRRRRNNNNNNN WEEEEEESSSSSST !!!!!!!!!

Is that the bloke?

That's Daniel. He's there from the start of the Colts game till the end of the League game.

Can't wait for the second biggest GF of the year!!

Hopefully we take this one semi-seriously and not play our reserves side;)

A plea to all you closet Tiger fans...Please come and witness history in the inurgrual Foxtel Cup GF, It's at Subi, so there should be no accessability issues. Let's make the crowd look semi-respectable, not like the dismal crowd at the semi:(

Get to the game, Claremont v Williamstown, 2011 Foxtel Cup Grand Final, Paterson's Stadium, August 6, 3.05pm.

GO TIGERS!!!

Ill be there :thumbsu:

Just realised you have the same avatar as me lol

Really looking forward to it.. trying to rally up the troops to make some noise.. not that any of them are tigers supporters, but they can sacrifice for the occasion!

Im also hoping we take it seriously, which i think we will tbh.. Braba is the only guy i think under any sort of injury cloud atm (Touch numerous pieces of wood!!) so we should pretty much have the quality depth to deal with the heavy workload of playing every single week

Yeah I agree mate, It's been good to be able to rest some key players during the easier Foxtel cup fixtures in the lead up to the real finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warrick Proudlove - Warrick is a Great Southern football product from North Albany who is part of our 2011 senior playing list with a bright future at the Club.

Warrick was involved in a serious car accident on Friday night just North of Mount Barker. One car hit a horse and then another 3 cars then became involved. Warrick was a passenger in the car that hit a tree and the only person injured in the accident. He was airlifted to Royal Perth hospital that night where he remains in an induced coma (ICU). His head wore the brunt of the accident.

Warrick is still not out of danger but some good news was the pressure on the brain & bleeding on the brain is under control. The concern is that the cut to his neck as they are unsure if the blood loss would cause damage to the brain as this artery that was cut is the main blood supply to the brain.

The Claremont Football Club is setting up a Warrick Proudlove Donation Fund for people to donate funds to help with the financial costs of getting Warrick back to a full recovery. For full details please visit the web site www.claremontfc.com.au

Statement from CFC

Devastating news for the young bloke.
Best wishes for a full recovery.

It's been a horror year for the WAFL:(

Tragic news and best wishes to young Proudlove, hope he makes a full recovery. :thumbsu:

Great effort by David Crawford to reach 150 games. He's definitely one of my favourite players.

Well I went to the game today and I was not at all impressed.

We will not win the WAFL grandfinal this year....... we are very one dimensional.

We are beaten by pushing us wide and applying pressure. Our forward line has zilch forward pressure.

McPhee will not deliver us a Flag unless he changes his strategies and game plan.

I thought Swift, Andrews and Mitchell can hold their heads up.

Ok performers ...Lee.... Broome.

Jack Bradshaw looks like a very good prospect.

The rest were just so..so.

I was expecting better to be honest from our AFL listed players Stevenson, B. Jones and Weedon. Weedon frustrates the shyte out of me he is flashy but his individualistic style rather than being team orientated is very disappointing

Dishourable mention to Chad Jones who did not look like he even wanted to be out there.

I had best stop posting now as I am so very pissed off. :eek::(

Bridesmaids again. :( I hate losing grand finals and we lose too many of them. :( The game was there to be won in the last quarter, but we wasted our chances. :(

Guys don't forget that 15 of there 22 are AFL players... It wasn't that bad an effort from Claremont against a high quality opposition.

Guys don't forget that 15 of there 22 are AFL players... It wasn't that bad an effort from Claremont against a high quality opposition.

I was as annoyed as the next bloke on Saturday after the game.. but then i read this on Sunday and i felt better.. Plus They played at a far higher standard than anything running around in the WAFL.. i feel more confident this year than last year funnily enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back