The Mighty Claremont Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Beating Subi is very sweet any time, but even more so when you're against such odds. Agree that overall, we had a real downer yesterday, but to get up in the last quarter the way we did was courage personified. Kane Mitchell is my favourite Tiger at the moment and yesterday he showed why. :)

Beating Subi is very sweet any time, but even more so when you're against such odds. Agree that overall, we had a real downer yesterday, but to get up in the last quarter the way we did was courage personified. Kane Mitchell is my favourite Tiger at the moment and yesterday he showed why. :)

We may of had a bad day but 36 Deg C in round 5, plus you saw that we didn't have A. Ruck who usaully gets us 1st touch of the pill, plus the injuries that left us with only 2 on the bench, I'm going with a good win.
You boys at the game probably got a sweat up going to the kiosk and back but those poor buggers from both sides ran hard all day, me thinks a little harsh in the critisim boys. IMO

Yeah the criticisms are a bit harsh, but that soen't mean there weren't some terrible disposals and poor decisions made.

Having said that I am quite proud of the boys for the win yesterday.

Yeah, I understand that we were missing some key players, but the fact is that there were some very ordinary descisions and some terrible disposals from the players that were out there.

I understand we were a man down for most of the game, and two down for much of the last quarter, but that doesn't mean that we can accept some players (Yes, that's you Mr. Swift) missing targets from two meters away under minimal pressure.

Please don't get me wrong, it was a gutsy, hard fought win agianst arch rivals Subi, but I hope I see some improvement from the boys this Saturday night against Clarence.

Good to see that the Club has been proactive in addressing the glaring need to bolster our ruck stocks.

Through a loop hole in the WAFL recruitment policy we have been able to recruit Mitch Andrews who was on West Perth's list but he was playing amateurs. We had to pay West Perth $10000 in a clearance fee.

From memory he played in the State Team against Queesland two years ago.
He is a lump on a lad and is big on the physicality side of the game.

A very good pick up for the Club :thumbsu:

A couple of club notices...

St George Family Fun Day
- St George is our Major Sponsor at the club and we really do appreciate their ongoing support. Saturday May 14th is not only our home game against East Fremantle it's also the St George Family Fun Day which is a terrific day for the whole family and features free show bags for the kids at half time, free fairy floss and face painting, the Happy Dragon handball competition and lots lots more.

So bring the kids and enjoy an extra good day at the footy thanks to our Major Sponsor St George.

Foxtel Cup live at the Albion
- As you're probably aware the Tigers travel to Tassie next weekend to take on Clarence in the Foxtel Cup. If you dont have Foxtel and you'd like to watch the game or you'd like to watch it amongst fellow Tiger supporters get along to the Albion on Stirling Highway in Cottesloe next Saturday April 23rd at 5pm.

Entry is free and the game will be telecast live in the Queen Victoria Ballroom which is upstairs at the Albion.

Would be great if you could RSVP so we know how many to expect. Send us an email to admin@claremonttigers.com or call the club on 9384 9200 to let us know you're coming.

thanxs for the info mate i might make it down but depending on other issues do you know when the team sheet is out? very interestted to see who will play and not. I asume they'll be basically taking there ressies team and resting most of the league side? How about the eagles guys with the buy and that will broomey and swift play?

thanxs for the info mate i might make it down but depending on other issues do you know when the team sheet is out? very interestted to see who will play and not. I asume they'll be basically taking there ressies team and resting most of the league side? How about the eagles guys with the buy and that will broomey and swift play?

As yet, I am not sure which AFL boys will go over, but let me assure you we most certainly will not be sending over a ressies side. We want to win it!

Good to see us give Clarence a thumping. I wish I'd picked up on it sooner - would have been worth the $69 Jetstar airfare to do the Tassie day-trip and watch my beloved Tigers. It's been far too long...

On a side note I'm watching the 1993 GF win over WP at the moment. Great memories! Some great players. I used to love that lil nugget Klemmy, and so good to see Dale Kickett and Danny Southern in the Royal Blue again.

Good to see us give Clarence a thumping. I wish I'd picked up on it sooner - would have been worth the $69 Jetstar airfare to do the Tassie day-trip and watch my beloved Tigers. It's been far too long...
Yeah, I really wasn't sure what to expect against Clarence. Playing in a cold night in Tasmania under lights in alien surroundings against a team we knew little about was a first for the 'monts. But to my delight, we completely rose to the challenge. We had a number of players missing too.

On a side note I'm watching the 1993 GF win over WP at the moment. Great memories! Some great players. I used to love that lil nugget Klemmy, and so good to see Dale Kickett and Danny Southern in the Royal Blue again.

Navy blue! And yes, those were good times.

We're lucky enough to have Tommy Lee playing for us now. :D

Tommy_Lee.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones back in the team :thumbsu: Weedon and Swift weren't named but they'll probably come in as they didn't play for Eagles.

Just read that info about the ruckman. Would've been nice to somehow get Zac Clarke from Freo, EP aren't really using him in the ruck.

Anyone know where Rory Walton is this season and is he due back at all?
Great player and different to the midfielders we currently have. Always plays well when it counts.

Went to the game today.........:mad:

Very dissapointing to say the least.

We played good footy for the first 8 minutes ...then we played absolute CRAPOLA... for the next 20 minutes and two quarters.

Great last quarter and if the rub of the green had gone our way we may have sneaked the win.

Truth is we did not deserve to win.

*&^^^*&**##%&**(*

Good news is that the second best team only beat us by three points and we played s**t.

We were able to run over the top of WP in the last quarter bodes well for the future.

A few general comments:

Weedon is a long way off playing AFL.

Broome is a very clever player and I expect him to play AFL before Weedon.

Swift.. I am not sure where he is at in his development but today was not the sort of game that says pick me.

C. Jones was a rusty as hell and does not look 100 % fit so we can expect better things from him in the future.

Stevensons foot skills are as good as any in the WAFL.

The WAFL is a great comp and the crowd and atmosphere was excellent. :thumbsu:

I guess we traveled last week... we had an off day and still only lost by 3 points. The loss gives McPhee some ammo to get up a few players.

Super pissed off with the lack of effort today.. but to have played that badly and only lost by 3 is not the end of the world.

AH.... that feels better after a good rant:p:eek: .

ah gd work mate thought we really missed browney down back 2day and gilligans pace

I can't remember ever walking home from Claremont Oval being so bitterly dissapointed.

I'm not going to say much, because there's not really much to say. The skills and descision making were disasterous, but what was even more apparant to me was the lack of effort and enthusiasm. Sure, I expect a slip up from time to time, but if things aren't going your way, you've still got to have a red-hot crack.

I can't remember ever walking home from Claremont Oval being so bitterly dissapointed.

I'm not going to say much, because there's not really much to say. The skills and descision making were disasterous, but what was even more apparant to me was the lack of effort and enthusiasm. Sure, I expect a slip up from time to time, but if things aren't going your way, you've still got to have a red-hot crack.
And even more painful is that we lost to East Fremantle. My brother's team. :p

Hi guys sory for the very late notice...

The club is holding what should be an awesome breakfast this friday morning!

Bluey and Woosha - The CFC is proud to present two modern day legends of the game in a very special breakfast event not to be missed. Catch West Coast Eagles coach John Worsfold, coach of the Gold Coast Suns and former Tiger Guy "Bluey" McKenna and now also added to the panel ex Tiger legends Don Pyke and Tony Evans. It all happens on Friday June 3rd in the members lounge starting at 7am.

For just $60 for members or $65 for non members or $600 for a table of ten you can get a rare insight into what it takes to be an AFL coach whilst you enjoy a delicious home cooked breakfast complete with fresh juices, fruit platters, pastries, coffee and tea.

Join MC Lachy Reid for one of our biggest events of the year. The last few tickets are available now so you'll have to be quick, call the club on 9384 9200.

Hope to see you guys there!:)

On the somber drive home, I took note of how different my mood was. I the way up the freeway, I was happy, very optomistic, still on a high from the Eagles last night. The drive back down to civilisation (;)) seemed twice as long, I wasn't disgusted (like I was after the game v Perth), just dissapointed, kind of!?

Anyway, the game.
It was without doubt the best game of WAFL I have seen in a while, although we were on the wrong side of the ledger
We fought bravely, which is all you can really ask for when your down to 2 on the bench for the majority of the second half. I was however, bitterly dissapointed at the multiple brain-snaps that basically cost us the game.
Following the WAFL trend this year, the umpiring was appauling, I know one of the umps who was umpiring the game and I still booed them off after the game. One positive out of the umpiring was that common sense prevailed (somewhat uncommon in football these days), and the umpires changed thier uniform at half time. Incredibly, the umpires came out wearing yellow, almost exactly the same colour Claremont were wearing, there were numerous times were I mistook an umpire for a Claremont player, and I'm sure the Claremont players faced the same challenge.
I had a laugh at Brett Jones in the third quarter. A soft 50 had just been given (again) and he turned to the kid sitting in the second row and said, "Great game of Netball isn't it bud?" I had to agree, the umpiring was pi*sweak.

I thought Alroy Gilligan was outstanding in a sometimes disfunctional foward line with 27 touches and Ben Saunders justified his selection with 3 goals. Lewis Stevenson was also influential with 23 touches whilst Beau Waters was servicable with 19 touches. Mitch Andrews dominated the ruck contests with 40 hitouts, although not a great number of those were hitouts to advantage.
A real worry for the Tigers is Clancy Ruderforth, who once again strugled, gathering just 6 possesions.
It was promising news in the reserves, with Chad Jones coming through unscaved and bagging 3 goals in his side's crucial 6 point win.

I was proud of my boys, they fought it out, but credit to the Cardies, they were the better team on the day. See you in September ;)

I would just like to finish with a quote from a 'well-to-do' West Perth supporter. "Go back to you fu*king 7 million dollar houses on the river you fu*king C*nts and we'll see you c*nts back here in fu*king september you fu*kheads, Go you fu*king Falcons."

Beautiful:rolleyes:

I can't wait

On the somber drive home, I took note of how different my mood was. I the way up the freeway, I was happy, very optomistic, still on a high from the Eagles last night. The drive back down to civilisation (;)) seemed twice as long, I wasn't disgusted (like I was after the game v Perth), just dissapointed, kind of!?

Anyway, the game.
It was without doubt the best game of WAFL I have seen in a while, although we were on the wrong side of the ledger
We fought bravely, which is all you can really ask for when your down to 2 on the bench for the majority of the second half. I was however, bitterly dissapointed at the multiple brain-snaps that basically cost us the game.
Following the WAFL trend this year, the umpiring was appauling, I know one of the umps who was umpiring the game and I still booed them off after the game. One positive out of the umpiring was that common sense prevailed (somewhat uncommon in football these days), and the umpires changed thier uniform at half time. Incredibly, the umpires came out wearing yellow, almost exactly the same colour Claremont were wearing, there were numerous times were I mistook an umpire for a Claremont player, and I'm sure the Claremont players faced the same challenge.
I had a laugh at Brett Jones in the third quarter. A soft 50 had just been given (again) and he turned to the kid sitting in the second row and said, "Great game of Netball isn't it bud?" I had to agree, the umpiring was pi*sweak.

I thought Alroy Gilligan was outstanding in a sometimes disfunctional foward line with 27 touches and Ben Saunders justified his selection with 3 goals. Lewis Stevenson was also influential with 23 touches whilst Beau Waters was servicable with 19 touches. Mitch Andrews dominated the ruck contests with 40 hitouts, although not a great number of those were hitouts to advantage.
A real worry for the Tigers is Clancy Ruderforth, who once again strugled, gathering just 6 possesions.
It was promising news in the reserves, with Chad Jones coming through unscaved and bagging 3 goals in his side's crucial 6 point win.

I was proud of my boys, they fought it out, but credit to the Cardies, they were the better team on the day. See you in September ;)

I would just like to finish with a quote from a 'well-to-do' West Perth supporter. "Go back to you fu*king 7 million dollar houses on the river you fu*king C*nts and we'll see you c*nts back here in fu*king september you fu*kheads, Go you fu*king Falcons."

Beautiful:rolleyes:

I can't wait

Copy and Paste posts much :rolleyes:

But never the less I agree with everything you have said. Great post.

I can't wait till the next time we can "put the budgies on a stick!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back