Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuwanda

Cancelled
Nov 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Swanny CL

Indigenous culture is distinct, but part of overall Australian culture. It is a minority component of culture, reflective of proportionate representation of the Aboriginal people in society naturally.

More people seem to agree that your views are 'harsh/abrasive' than agree with you that you have not been. Food for thought perhaps?

Are you really suggesting that the latest immigrant, who landed last night and was born in country X is as Australian as me, with an Australian passport, who's parents and grandparents were all born here???? On what definition do you make that observation? Anyhow, I firmly view my blood and roots as Australian, even though eventually it can be traced back to other countries and before that the Apes - like people from all countries.

No, the most western elements of Australian culture are not as developed with historic ties as deeply as in other countries. This is understandable.
Our society is one of the more racially diverse too, so it is naturally less distinctive. But that is non-indigenous Australian culture - an influence of many countries and their respective cultures. In that way it is unique and wonderful, and more diverse than say in Japan, which has a much higher percentage of the population born there and where the predominant culture has been around longer. Is Australian culture worse though? I'm not sure. It's far less racist than Japan and people are far less oppressed and my experience would be that there is much less diversity with respect to culinary choice in Japan. Depends upon one's perspectives on these things, but these are things that I value.

As for people identifying as being from another country, despite being born here. There are probably many reasons, of which a desire to remain close to a culture in their heritage may be one, as you suggest. Perhaps a need to distinguish themselves as an individual in society is another. I'm not so sure it is because these people take such a dim view on the culture in Australia though. It would be easy enough to move back to their choice of country if their views on Australian culture were as dim as your own. Perhaps, the fact that they stay, is a strong reflection that they do not have that dim a view?
Yep. Spot on. I’d say romanticising. They have little idea.

Anyway, the future is what it’s all about. The past is the past and doesn’t govern where a country and its people are heading.
The fact is Australia is a country going places with so much to be proud of.
Go and ask the youth of Italy and Greece what ‘culture’ developed long ago has done for them today? If fact, a lot has been lost.
Many young Italians are working here today and hope to be able to stay. That in itself tells you something.

Nuwanda

Cancelled
Nov 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Again this post proves my point that when having very little to points to defend with- the topic is changed to something else, and just like this post that something else is utter crap and or useless to the argument. In your case completely disregard the point of the discussion and talk about the complete opposite (further confusing the argument) by saying ''Anyway, the future is what its all about!" LMFAOOOO!!

Please guys just give up, stop talking s**t and wasting everyone's time.
I’m just trying to understand your initial point that those in Australia with overseas backgrounds support external countries because of our ‘lack of culture’. Can I ask what your background is?

wasting everyone's time.
Appropriate choice of words, (IMO) to describe your decision to "answer a question" from 18 months ago.
I'm sure there's other places, (boards) where you can carry on your discussion if you wish.

Because Australia has an uncultured, violent, boring, ugly and very new history with not too much to be proud of at all really. There is no such thing as Australian blood also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We nearly win the big one in 2018 and made finals in 2019, you've been quiet (under this account anyway).

In all the years that you've been a member of BigFooty this response (years after loki04 made this post) is what you want your contribution to be? 🤦‍♂️ Nice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back