Music The music thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Another visionary who told it like it was, sadly not with us any more..........here's Lou Reed....

...give me your hungry, your tired, your poor

I'll piss on them..

thats what the Statue of Bigotry says....

your poor huddled masses why don't we club em to death..or get it over with and just dump them on The Boulevard.

Get em out!

Last edited:

Ahh yes...Rory Gallagher....what a show he put on. Saw him at the old Cloudland venue in Brisbane. I thought the place was going to implode....his energy and musicianship was extraordinary. A great concert experience. By the end, the audience were exhausted and Rory was still going....

.....and boy...could he play that slide....if anyone reads this and you dont know him, look at the clip Spearman posted above....worth the 5 minutes.

Died way too young. RIP.
You probably have read this already but Google "against the grain". Long read but a excellent article on him.

Ahh yes...Rory Gallagher....what a show he put on. Saw him at the old Cloudland venue in Brisbane. I thought the place was going to implode....his energy and musicianship was extraordinary. A great concert experience. By the end, the audience were exhausted and Rory was still going....

.....and boy...could he play that slide....if anyone reads this and you dont know him, look at the clip Spearman posted above....worth the 5 minutes.

Died way too young. RIP.

Well for those who do appreciate Mr. Gallagher, I can heartily recommend the following:

And if you've got longer than 15 minutes, there is also:

Best results tend to occur with volume up to extreme levels. It's not easy to get a great sound out of a Strat but he manages it rather nicely.

The Kinks...good band...some good songs...but they screwed The Angels on their US tour....so they dead to me!

Back on "day" topic...here's a classic from the Album "Ogdens Nut gone Flake"...I had the regional cover...if only I had kept it.....

Then this for Tuesday....written by Ronnie Van Zant and Allen Collins ...this clip of the original band...RIP boys...How unlucky was Allen Collins..famous for Freebird...escaped the plane crash only to die in a car accident. Such is life I guess.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every so often your kids do something that really gives you a good parenty feeling, like teaching them a sport that they end up loving and being decent at. Well my 22 year old son, born and raised in East Asia, very GQ metrosexual, pop music, etc. gave me one of those today. He came home for the Lunar New Year and on the way home from picking him up from station, he said, "Dad, you ever hear these guys?" and plays me Back in Black, lol. Of course that led to a history lesson :)
THEN he asks if I'd ever heard of 'Creedence Clearwater'? More history. lol

Best thing was he hadn't downloaded greatest hits, he had actual albums so he was listening to more obscure stuff.
I sent him a couple of bluesier tunes from them, just to add to his education.

He's also getting into 60s-70s music from movie soundtracks.:thumbsu:

Every so often your kids do something that really gives you a good parenty feeling, like teaching them a sport that they end up loving and being decent at. Well my 22 year old son, born and raised in East Asia, very GQ metrosexual, pop music, etc. gave me one of those today. He came home for the Lunar New Year and on the way home from picking him up from station, he said, "Dad, you ever hear these guys?" and plays me Back in Black, lol. Of course that led to a history lesson :)
THEN he asks if I'd ever heard of 'Creedence Clearwater'? More history. lol

Best thing was he hadn't downloaded greatest hits, he had actual albums so he was listening to more obscure stuff.
I sent him a couple of bluesier tunes from them, just to add to his education.

He's also getting into 60s-70s music from movie soundtracks.:thumbsu:

Maybe next discovery will be MojoRisin

Last edited:
No, that isn't my fav Eagles song. Just 1 I hadn't posted b4.

Btw Last Resort is a song both you & I have posted.

This would probably be my fav but overall, I don't dislike any Eagles' songs.

I reckon I have repeat posted a few too many songs here; I just forget
This one, def not..?

N

Nothing to do with Eagles but gr8 song. Are we doing streets..? Oh, so many there.

We are now

SFM is my #1 Stones song btw, or #2 after Angie

Close to the greatest sax solo in a song
That is a thread in itself

Remove this Banner Ad

Back