Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

just signed up for the free month trial today, have already watched Below Her Mouth, mainly watched it cos its a lesbian themed movie, who doesn't love a bit of girl on girl, the movie was bleh , the sex scenes were average, prob wouldb't recommend

Then i watched Dunkirk, i had watched the last 30-40 minutes somewhere before so it was good to watch it it's entirety, good movie, really enjoyed it

Now i am catching up on Vikings, watching the last 2 eps of season 4 as a refresher before i binge watch season 5. I haven't watched season 5 yet so looking forward to doing do

You know I am not a big TV watcher, except for footy and sport, there looks like there might be a few things I may watch though..

Whether i keep the subscription after the free trial remains to be seen

Hopefully this thread will offer some decent viewing tips/guides

These ones I watched via Netflix recently that I was very impressed with.

Babylon Berlin (German)
Dark (German)
Stranger (Korean)
Fauda (Israeli)

Then you've got some quality shows like The Fall and Happy Valley on there as well i've seen before. Lots of good stuff on there if you're willing to browse a bit. Probably a bunch i'm forgetting. Watching: You, Sex Education and Atypical right now.

so worth a watch then?
It's pretty piss poor imo. Far from disturbing or unsettling. They give away the end of the movie in the opening scenes, so no tension there. The monsters aren't scary in the slightest, as all we see when they appear are the character on screens eyes. There is one scene with some tension when they go to do some groceries, but that's about it. For a thriller to be so tame it's pretty disappointing.

So I watched all of Sex Education, i thought the first 2 episodes were a bit underwhelming and was ready to give it the flick but persisted and it got better after that, I didn't mind it at all

I actually like Gillian Anderson in this, in X Files I just couldn't get into her but she was good in this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the sensor board has final say over any film or television produced in India. Anything that is anti-national, or includes nudity, swearing, etc doesn’t get the okay. But apparently “the male gaze” is fine. They’ve tried to ban Pakistani actors as well.

So it’s good to see some of this material from household Indian names and shows some progression in the material we see.

Probably doesn’t explain it the best. But I tried. Try googling for more info.
whoosh

(Censor*)

Just watched Abducted in Plain Sight on Netflix.

Very good true crime documentary.
Plenty of plot twists.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

just signed up for the free month trial today, have already watched Below Her Mouth, mainly watched it cos its a lesbian themed movie, who doesn't love a bit of girl on girl, the movie was bleh , the sex scenes were average, prob wouldb't recommend

Then i watched Dunkirk, i had watched the last 30-40 minutes somewhere before so it was good to watch it it's entirety, good movie, really enjoyed it

Now i am catching up on Vikings, watching the last 2 eps of season 4 as a refresher before i binge watch season 5. I haven't watched season 5 yet so looking forward to doing do

You know I am not a big TV watcher, except for footy and sport, there looks like there might be a few things I may watch though..

Whether i keep the subscription after the free trial remains to be seen

Hopefully this thread will offer some decent viewing tips/guides

Watch Friday Night Lights.

If you need more Kyle Chandler, watch Bloodline, but you can really just watch Season 1 and be as fulfilled as watching all 3 seasons. They should have left it at 1!

Just binged Sex Education. LOVED. Great mix of drama into the comedy format after the first 2 eps.

Up there with YOU for bingable recent watches.
The soundtrack they use is awesome too.

Can't believe it but I've gotten into Titans now, the missus won't let me watch it in the lounge room though, she hates it. Says she can't stand shows about moping millennials feeling all sorry for themselves cos they have superpowers. Ha Ha. But I felt old when I saw on Dick's dad's gravestone he was born the same year as me. I'm old enough to be Dick Grayson's dad. Mid life crisis coming on.

I watched Bird Box a week ago. It's an interesting premise but I didn't think much of the movie. I think it would have worked better without the crazies. However, the idea of being immune to the creatures if you're mentally ill makes me wonder how mentally ill you have to be to not be affected. Perhaps there's a population living in the window between mental illness and mental asylum that are immune to the creatures but aren't crazies. Maybe there's a group of people with low-functioning autism out there salvaging library books to learn how to grow crops in case the town runs out of food.

Also I don't think the movie once explains why the birds can sense the creatures.

And it's annoying how the creature or "force" can't go inside houses. If it triggers suicidal urges in people, surely it knows how to enter an enclosed space.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back