Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I've watched a few eps of After Life S3 and I'm not enjoying it as much as the other seasons. There are few funny moments, but overall it just isn't doing it for me.
I thought the whole series was fantastic. Plenty of laughs and a few tears along the way.

The only scene I didn't really like was Ratty and the nonce in the office, carried on a bit too much.

Gervais knows how to make a great finale. When you look at the final episodes of the Office, Extras and now After Life they have all been fantastic.

Finished After Life tonight and while it was OK, I just didn't find it overly humorous and the ending was a bit weak. The whole thing just seemed overly morbid to me. The characters became a stereotype of themselves. The first two seasons were excellent, but the law of diminishing returns always suggested S3 wouldn't reach those heights without Tony going in a new direction with his life (like falling in love with the nurse). But he didn't. He remained the same, only more accepting of it. All the characters remained the same too. I'd give S3 5/10.

Last edited:
Finished After Life tonight and while it was OK, I just didn't find it overly humorous and the ending was a bit weak. The whole thing just seemed overly morbid to me. The characters became a stereotype of themselves. The first two seasons were excellent, but the law of diminishing returns always suggested S3 wouldn't reach those heights without Tony going in a new direction with his life (like falling in love with the nurse). But he didn't. He remained the same, only more accepting of it. All the characters remained the same too. I'd give S3 5/10.
The ending was rather powerful I thought. Great conclusion to the interacting story lines. Rather emotional in our house

An interesting take. Certainly different to mine. I liked that it didn’t take the obvious happily ever after ending. It had me in tears.

Can I suggest a spoiler alert on your post for those that haven’t seen it yet 👍

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• The ending was rather powerful I thought. Great conclusion to the interacting story lines. Rather emotional in our house
Totally lost my s**t in that last 3 minutes. I could feel the tears coming and tried and tried and then that last 10 seconds just lost it. I don’t know why. I haven’t reacted like that to a tv program since A Country Practice back in the 80’s.

Totally lost my sh*t in that last 3 minutes. I could feel the tears coming and tried and tried and then that last 10 seconds just lost it. I don’t know why. I haven’t reacted like that to a tv program since A Country Practice back in the 80’s.
my wife let out the biggest sob. i started laughing at her then realised i had tears on my cheeks as well. It was a brilliant last episode that tied the series together.

Totally lost my sh*t in that last 3 minutes. I could feel the tears coming and tried and tried and then that last 10 seconds just lost it. I don’t know why. I haven’t reacted like that to a tv program since A Country Practice back in the 80’s.
Big Esme Watson fan were we?

Surely this much talk of how emotional an ending is should be in a thread dedicated to the show rather than the general Netflix thread...

Definitely not on the Bob Hatfield bandwagon anymore.
Did you know Gordon Piper, who played Bob Hatfield in ACP, was acquitted of all charges in court for the accusation leveled against him? He always maintained his innocence too. But it just goes to show when a person is accused of such a thing, even if it turns out to be untrue, it's always what people remember. I met him a few times when he was alive, and he was always a terrific bloke.

I'm really liking Deadly Class. Based on a graphic novel, it's a bit different.
Yeah I watched 6 eps last night.

Couple of bits don't make sense at all but that's where you see comics translated to screen. You accept a lot more in a GN I think.

The puppet master - a doco about a conman named Robert Freegard.

Its uses cringy doco staples such as ominous music during close up of his eyes and for some reason its split into 3 parts when its not even that long put together but its still a interesting and bewildering story, as you cant even believe some of the that happened. Also for some reason they do not discuss his background/childhood/parents or other family at all, which is also a bit weird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back