the new jurrah?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jurrah is starring now. Nic-Nat is 20, as a ruckman he could be five years off his best or even performing at all.

no that wasn't what i meant.. NN has shown twice his ability to change games against Essendon this year and one other time i can't remember too well... but he has only shown glimpses

not that jurrah has shown twice the ability to change games than NN
Fair enough, in that case this disagreement lies in our definitions of the term 'shown more'.

I would say that because Naitanui has displayed, albeit infrequently, the ability to change games completely at a level higher than Jurrah, he has shown more.
You clearly think Jurrah has because he has literally achieved higher statistically thus far.

Both valid interpretations IMO :thumbsu:

Loving all the racism in this thread.

Jurrah is an abo and other talented abos haven't lasted long in the game, so therefore Jurrah won't either.

You prejudice dicks.

Fair enough, in that case this disagreement lies in our definitions of the term 'shown more'.

I would say that because Naitanui has displayed, albeit infrequently, the ability to change games completely at a level higher than Jurrah, he has shown more.
You clearly think Jurrah has because he has literally achieved higher statistically thus far.

Both valid interpretations IMO :thumbsu:

yeh true, i see what you mean there

agree that your interpretation is also valid:thumbsu:

yeh, i thought they were refferring to his laid back attitude, and how players of all races with laid back attitudes can often not last long

I have a feeling you're trying to turn the tables here...

There has never been any suggestions Jurrah has a 'laid back' attitude. From what has been reported, he was an introverted guy when he first came to Melbourne, stemming from the fact it was his first time in a big city and he didn't speak English.

But everyone reports him to be very driven, focused and a hard trainer. Not lazy or laid back at all.

Anyone who suggested he wouldn't have a long career might have been referring to the fact that many aboriginals in the past have not coped well with living in the big cities, and have faced homesickness, and therefore Jurrah might as well. There is nothing else I could think of that would make them think Jurrah wouldn't have a long career

For the record, I think Jurrah will be a 10+ year, 200 game player

I have a feeling you're trying to turn the tables here...

There has never been any suggestions Jurrah has a 'laid back' attitude. From what has been reported, he was an introverted guy when he first came to Melbourne, stemming from the fact it was his first time in a big city and he didn't speak English.

But everyone reports him to be very driven, focused and a hard trainer. Not lazy or laid back at all.

Anyone who suggested he wouldn't have a long career might have been referring to the fact that many aboriginals in the past have not coped well with living in the big cities, and have faced homesickness, and therefore Jurrah might as well. There is nothing else I could think of that would make them think Jurrah wouldn't have a long career

For the record, I think Jurrah will be a 10+ year, 200 game player

Liam is my nephew, he spent GF day with me & other family members including his father Leo. Liam loves Melbourne Football club & loves living in Melbourne, gets home sick for cold bloody Melbourne. Very driven young man with a great attitude for life. Knows & understands what he is doing & achieving is important for his people. All you football experts :rolleyes: that are comparing Juka with NicNat give it a rest. Just sit back & enjoy BOTH, they will only get better.

What about the old Jurrah? Thus far he has been on an AFL list for 2 season and has been injured for the majority. I am not saying that he won't make it and continue to amaze us all with seemingly maximum ease but give him a full season relatively fit before we look towards the next Liam Jurrah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During last season, Jurrah was played with success in different parts of the ground and at times could be seen clearing the ball off half back or running in from the wing after a ball up.
His foot skills and vision make him quite versatile.
Who knows, maybe he'll end up more as a utility than as a forward!

His primary position will be forward but the whole package means that he has versatility and isn't a one trick pony.

Think it is important that he spends part of a game around half forward because his vision and foot passing can be an attacking weapon.

Liam is my nephew, he spent GF day with me & other family members including his father Leo. Liam loves Melbourne Football club & loves living in Melbourne, gets home sick for cold bloody Melbourne. Very driven young man with a great attitude for life. Knows & understands what he is doing & achieving is important for his people. All you football experts :rolleyes: that are comparing Juka with NicNat give it a rest. Just sit back & enjoy BOTH, they will only get better.

I agree. Its pointless comparing them, they'll both become superstars of their positions and teams. Isn't that enough?

As you're no doubt aware, I haven't rated your views on footy.

You haven't dispelled my prejudice.

As you are no doubt aware. I couldn't give a **** :thumbsu:

NN should end up being a better player than Jurrah, if they both fulfill their talent i think it is hard to see how that won't be true

What about the old Jurrah? Thus far he has been on an AFL list for 2 season and has been injured for the majority. I am not saying that he won't make it and continue to amaze us all with seemingly maximum ease but give him a full season relatively fit before we look towards the next Liam Jurrah.

Not injury prone at all mate actually

his first year he just didn't break into the team until he was consistent in the VFL, this year he was injured

Jurrah is the new Adrian McAdam. Has come on to the scene (albeit to a greatly lesser extent than McAdam) and won't be heard of in a year or two.
I think there is a better chance in the Bulldogs not being heard of in a year or 2.

Cooney's hamstring's are stuffed trying to carry the whole team and there next best 3, 2 have already gone in Johnson and Aker and then you have Hall who is 35.

Too old, too slow. The Bulldogs are a very poor man's St.Kilda, back to tanking for you 2 losers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back