Play Nice The NM Devils Chessboard thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re actively trying now, but what’s the old saying you don’t fu** with your supplier.. the indirect action of starting a trade war seeing iron/steel prices jump, saw construction prices skyrocket, to the point of having a major developer go bust through unsustainable price hikes.

but I was more talking low hanging fruit Taiwan..
I can see things escalating if they try it with Taiwan. Japan, S. Korea the Phillipines and Vietnam would all look at such a move with alarm.

I can see things escalating if they try it with Taiwan. Japan, S. Korea the Phillipines and Vietnam would all look at such a move with alarm.
I’ve got no doubt the US will use nukes…
They can even blame it on the guy who doesn’t even know the Australian prime ministers name..

I’ve got no doubt the US will use nukes…
They can even blame it on the guy who doesn’t even know the Australian prime ministers name..

You should check out the history of the Single Integrated Operational Plans (SIOP), which outlined the strategy for use of nuclear weapons.

You should check out the history of the Single Integrated Operational Plans (SIOP), which outlined the strategy for use of nuclear weapons.
mental health check?
1*w3paPSeYyNwfKQbIeRP_Sw.gif

Fcuk you and your unwashed 12 year old sock smelling cheese Macron. I protested these for 10 years. How do you say " karma " in francois ?

I'm just reading the wikipedia page about all this now. (Cheers K4e.)

It is *en mental!!

I'm just reading the wikipedia page about all this now. (Cheers K4e.)

It is fu**en mental!!
Yea. I am trying to track down the early versions where they mention the possibility of using tactical nukes in Southeast Asia.

Some of the SIOP's in the early 1980s had a potential target list of 40,000. SIOP-72 had assigned 600 warheads to China with reservist forces, rather than frontline forces on continuous alert (basically a contingency).

Last edited:
Important concept, where do you think we’re at as a society?

Last edited:
Yea. I am trying to track down the 62 and 63 versions to see where we are mentioned in relation to potentially using tactical nukes in Southeast Asia.

Some of the SIOP's in the early 1980s had a potential target list of 40,000. SIOP-72 had assigned 600 warheads to China with reservist forces, rather than frontline forces on continuous alert (basically a contingency).
Have you read some of those quote attributed to Thomas Power?

And have you seen this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1632206749633.png

Homeland security officials will investigate after images show agents on horseback grabbing migrants, Mayorkas says
Democratic lawmakers blasted the White House over the scenes in Del Rio, Tex., and the Biden administration’s deportation flights to Haiti.

The Department of Homeland Security does not tolerate the abuse of migrants in our custody and we take these allegations very seriously,” the DHS statement read. “The footage is extremely troubling and the facts learned from the full investigation, which will be conducted swiftly, will define the appropriate disciplinary actions to be taken.”
The statement said Mayorkas has directed DHS’s internal oversight office to send personnel to the camp and oversee agents’ conduct “full-time.”
“We are committed to processing migrants in a safe, orderly, and humane way,” it said. “We can and must do this in a way that ensures the safety and dignity of migrants.”

1632362290143.png

Sept 22 (Reuters) - Two weeks after Richmond, Virginia, removed a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee that had prompted protests over racial injustice, the city unveiled a new monument on Wednesday commemorating the end of slavery.

The Emancipation and Freedom Monument, designed by Oregon sculptor Thomas Jay Warren, comprises two 12-foot bronze statues depicting a man and a woman carrying an infant, newly freed from slavery.

"The enslaved built this city with their hands," Richmond Mayor Levar Stoney said at a ceremony to mark the occasion. "We will rebuild this city with our hearts."

The new monument is located less than two miles from the site where the towering 61-foot Lee statue had stood for more than a century.

A rocket has been spotted over Sydney tonight. 7NEWS understands that the rocket was launched from China's Xichang Satellite Launch Center. It's unsure what the payload is - but some say it could be carrying a new generation of navigation tools.

View attachment received_610780613524396.mp4

Oct 1 (Reuters) - The United States surpassed 700,000 coronavirus-related deaths on Friday, according to a Reuters tally, as officials roll out booster doses of vaccines to protect the elderly and people working in high-risk professions.

The country has reported an average of more than 2,000 deaths per day over the past week, which represents about 60% of the peak in fatalities in January, a Reuters analysis of public health data showed.

The United States still leads the world in COVID-19 cases and deaths, accounting for 19% and 14% of all reported infections and fatalities, according to Reuters tally. Globally, the pandemic is set to surpass 5 million deaths.

Oct 1 (Reuters) - An experimental antiviral pill developed by Merck & Co (MRK.N) could halve the chances of dying or being hospitalized for those most at risk of contracting severe COVID-19, according to data that experts hailed as a potential breakthrough in how the virus is treated.

If it gets authorization, molnupiravir, which is designed to introduce errors into the genetic code of the virus, would be the first oral antiviral medication for COVID-19.

Merck and partner Ridgeback Biotherapeutics said they plan to seek U.S. emergency use authorization for the pill as soon as possible and to make regulatory applications worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back