The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this may be old news to most of you. But I just found out Rob Rensenbrink died last week.

RIP Legend.

The name didn’t actually ring a bell so I went off Googling and can’t believe how much he resembled Johan Cruyff in his younger days. Sounds like he was a hell of a footballer as well. RIP!

If you didn't know who he was. I await your reaction when you see his involvement in injury time of the 1978 WC Final.

What a doozee!

Crazy how mere inches can be the difference between a World Cup title and ultimate heartbreak. :(

Sometimes you just have to feel like the Netherlands are cursed in World Cup finals. Between Rensenbrink hitting the post in 1978 and losing to Spain in 2010 when the passage of play (goal kick) that led to Spain’s goal should have been a clear and obvious corner to the Netherlands. Hopefully the Dutch can win a World Cup in the future, I have always liked them.

He really is a doofus.
Trump congratulated the Kansas City Chiefs for winning Superbowl LIV by proclaiming that the whole state of Kansas was proud of them.

Kansas City is in Missouri.

do we have proof the state of Kansas weren’t happy with them? :think: ;):p

Has anyone on here watched Twin Peaks before? I watched the series for the first time over the last few weeks. I don’t know how I missed it all these years (2 seasons and a movie aired from 1990-92 and then it returned for another season in 2017) because that was a masterpiece. Just the perfect series IMO.

Has anyone on here watched Twin Peaks before? I watched the series for the first time over the last few weeks. I don’t know how I missed it all these years (2 seasons and a movie aired from 1990-92 and then it returned for another season in 2017) because that was a masterpiece. Just the perfect series IMO.
Great soundtrack too.

Great soundtrack too.

Oh hell yeah. The soundtrack for Audrey’s Dance is amazing.

The series was so fluid that it’s like the 25 year wait between the movie and the new season was what was intended all along. I haven’t been able to stop thinking about the series as a whole since I finished it.

Watched a bit of the early seasons. Thought it was silly. Gave up after two eps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second season lost me, just too weird.

Second season lost me, just too weird.

Second season lost a lot of people I think. In fact the suggestion seems to be watch the series up until you know who the murderer is (season 2, episode 9) and then watch the movie. Everything from episode 10-22 can be considered weird or filler. I enjoyed the entire original series but can see how some people would consider it weird and difficult to understand from a certain point.

Last edited:
Second season lost a lot of people I think. In fact the suggestion seems to be watch the series up until you know who the murderer is (season 2, episode 9) and then watch the movie.

From memory that's about where David Lynch ends his involvement with the show. The network forced him to reveal the killer way earlier than he intended and it completely ruined the flow of the show.

Second season lost a lot of people I think. In fact the suggestion seems to be watch the series up until you know who the murderer is (season 2, episode 9) and then watch the movie. Everything from episode 10-22 can be considered weird or filler. I enjoyed the entire original series but can see how some people would consider it weird and difficult to understand from a certain point.

Ha, think I got up to ep 7 or 8 so maybe I should push through.

Ha, think I got up to ep 7 or 8 so maybe I should push through.

Yeah definitely, I think you would still enjoy the other episodes. The movie they made after season 2 (“Fire Walk With Me”) is incredible. It’s a prequel that should be watched after season 1 and 2 (in case someone on here wants to give the series a shot).

Last edited:
From memory that's about where David Lynch ends his involvement with the show. The network forced him to reveal the killer way earlier than he intended and it completely ruined the flow of the show.

That is an another issue many fans I have read online having that they revealed the killer too soon.

Lynch’s character was in a couple of episodes at the backend of season 2 but the majority of his appearances are before the killer is revealed, so perhaps he lost all interest and who could blame him really?

PSA for people with Foxtel. You can now use your cable/satellite credentials to sign into what was previously only ”Foxtel Now” apps on late model TVs (LG, Samsung, Sony), Android TV boxes (nVidea Shield) and even the “Foxtel Now” box. It uses one of your 5 Foxtel Go slots for each device, and you still can only have 2 concurrent streams, but it enables access to TVs not connected by a cable/satellite set top box...not bad for when you can share among family households ;)

only thing I’m not sure on is if it requires multi-room subs or not...

1917 was robbed imo. Can’t imagine Parasite being a more deserving winner. Sounds like a political decision to keep the wokies from kicking off

1917 was robbed imo. Can’t imagine Parasite being a more deserving winner. Sounds like a political decision to keep the wokies from kicking off
I mean if you haven't seen it you can't really say can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back