The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you like British cop series you'll enjoy LOD. Extremely intelligent plots that always keep you guessing.

FNL was terrific. Only watched it last year so had the joy of binge watching multiple season's in a row. One of those series where you get emotionally attached to the characters and leaves a big hole in your life when it's finished.

I’ve watched it 3 times and the first time was probably a tick over 2 years ago. It isn’t even the football scenes that is the main selling point of the series for me, it is everything else tbh.

In short, it is about a world in which the Nazi's win the war and is set in an America part occupied by the Japs and part occupied by the Nazi's

That does sound like it would be something I would watch.

Man in the high castle is like that. If you don't concentrate there is no point watching.

Eh I concentrated, still didn't like it. Was a bit too convoluted and a lot of scenes/plots felt dragged out for the sake of it. Poor pacing IMO.

Eh I concentrated, still didn't like it. Was a bit too convoluted and a lot of scenes/plots felt dragged out for the sake of it. Poor pacing IMO.
Fair. I have always enjoyed reading alternative history books so I may have enjoyed the show more than most. I don't mind a slow build up either.

Fair. I have always enjoyed reading alternative history books so I may have enjoyed the show more than most. I don't mind a slow build up either.

Oh I loved the concept and the first season was pretty interesting as a concept, but the plot just didn't grab me. The soldiers son plot was probably the most fascinating to me of everything offered up by the show, if they had more interesting plots like that than fixating moreso on the meta plot I think it would have grabbed me more.

Thanks mate. Happy to call out daft opinions when I see them. I suppose I should be grateful you don’t try to hide what a low threshold you set for being informed before sharing yours with the world, makes it easier for the rest of us.
Not arguing that Parasite isn’t a good film, but I’m sorry but when you lobby for a perceived lack of diversity every five minutes then the consequences are many people will make an assumption that lip service is being paid when awards are given. 1917 is one of the best films in years. Parasite sounds cool having read the plot but I’m not going out of my way to see a film that I can only follow by reading the subtitles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not arguing that Parasite isn’t a good film, but I’m sorry but when you lobby for a perceived lack of diversity every five minutes then the consequences are many people will make an assumption that lip service is being paid when awards are given. 1917 is one of the best films in years. Parasite sounds cool having read the plot but I’m not going out of my way to see a film that I can only follow by reading the subtitles.

How ignorant do you have to be to shut yourself off deliberately to an entire section of films just because they're in a language you don't understand.

How ignorant do you have to be to shut yourself off deliberately to an entire section of films just because they're in a language you don't understand.
I’ll watch it if and when it comes on the TV, but I’m not going out of my way to watch it - ie go to the cinema. So calm down petal and don’t be so testy, if that is at all possible for you

I’ll watch it if and when it comes on the TV, but I’m not going out of my way to watch it - ie go to the cinema. So calm down petal and don’t be so testy, if that is at all possible for you

I am quite settled. You'll note it wasn't me who drew conclusions about your preference for 1917 for best picture.. others are noticing your behaviour and attitudes too. Might be time for some self-reflection on why that is.

I am quite settled. You'll note it wasn't me who drew conclusions about your preference for 1917 for best picture.. others are noticing your behaviour and attitudes too. Might be time for some self-reflection on why that is.
You mean like all the other woke’sters such as yourself? That’s not really going to make me self reflect, even if I knew what I was supposed to be self reflecting about

It’s not really about subtitled films anyway, Downfall is a great film as is Pans Labyrinth which I believe was subtitled. Pretty sure I’d also enjoy Parasite but I wouldn’t pay money to go and watch it that’s all, and I’m still pretty sure it got the nod over 1917 for diversity reasons. 1917 definitely broke new ground in the war movie genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back