The off topic thread 4.0

WealstoneRaider

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And when you make assumptions like this, you undermine yourself. It makes me question the value of your opinions. If you think it’s a good movie or a shit movie, that’s fine, call it as you see it, but is it too much to ask you at least watch it first before confidently stating it was a token award?

What about “I haven’t seen Parasite yet but it would have to be an incredible movie to beat 1917”. Simple.
Blame the whole diversity industry not me. They undermine what they are in support of by creating a negative narrative. Then when you do get something exceptional (like Parasite appears to be) it gets tarred by many as being just another diversity quota. It’s genuinely frustrating because no one cared what gender, race or sexual persuasion anyone was back in the day, you just wanted to see talent rewarded. It’s become far too political now. This runs through all walks of life now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

roo2macca

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
1581590189987.png

Your Hottest 100 of the Decade Votes:
Kanye West - Black Skinhead
Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta
Jamie xx - Loud Places {Ft. Romy}
Vampire Weekend - Step
The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio
The War On Drugs - Red Eyes
Violent Soho - Covered In Chrome
Beach House - Myth
Tame Impala - Solitude Is Bliss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

strauchanie59

BigFooty Mitchy Morton
Jul 13, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Utah Jazz
They were brilliant in 2014 after their second album dropped. Did Punching In a Dream and Young Blood back-to-back which was mint.

Top Bottom