Not open for further replies.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not arguing that Parasite isn’t a good film, but I’m sorry but when you lobby for a perceived lack of diversity every five minutes then the consequences are many people will make an assumption that lip service is being paid when awards are given. 1917 is one of the best films in years. Parasite sounds cool having read the plot but I’m not going out of my way to see a film that I can only follow by reading the subtitles.

And when you make assumptions like this, you undermine yourself. It makes me question the value of your opinions. If you think it’s a good movie or a s**t movie, that’s fine, call it as you see it, but is it too much to ask you at least watch it first before confidently stating it was a token award?

What about “I haven’t seen Parasite yet but it would have to be an incredible movie to beat 1917”. Simple.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And when you make assumptions like this, you undermine yourself. It makes me question the value of your opinions. If you think it’s a good movie or a s**t movie, that’s fine, call it as you see it, but is it too much to ask you at least watch it first before confidently stating it was a token award?

What about “I haven’t seen Parasite yet but it would have to be an incredible movie to beat 1917”. Simple.
Blame the whole diversity industry not me. They undermine what they are in support of by creating a negative narrative. Then when you do get something exceptional (like Parasite appears to be) it gets tarred by many as being just another diversity quota. It’s genuinely frustrating because no one cared what gender, race or sexual persuasion anyone was back in the day, you just wanted to see talent rewarded. It’s become far too political now. This runs through all walks of life now

Screenshot_20200213-123702_Chrome.jpg

1581590189987.png

Your Hottest 100 of the Decade Votes:
Kanye West - Black Skinhead
Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta
Jamie xx - Loud Places {Ft. Romy}
Vampire Weekend - Step
The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio
The War On Drugs - Red Eyes
Violent Soho - Covered In Chrome
Beach House - Myth
Tame Impala - Solitude Is Bliss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to have to spend a couple of hours on my list.

Same here. I’ve already got a pretty decent idea on 5-7 but will need to spend an afternoon working out the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back