The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

I only use Facebook and Insta to keep in touch with old friends back home. Maybe with age I've realised that I don't give a s**t about most of them anyway and could cut about 400 people from Facebook and Insta. Do I really need a mates ex gf who I haven't seen in 10 years on my Facebook and Insta? I mean, she is pretty hot haha

If I lived in Aus I would delete both apps for sure.

How many engagement or baby photos do I need to scroll through on Insta or Facebook? Is that really keeping in touch with people?

If anything I just use messenger these days. Only function of Facebook I use is Groups for things like a tipping comp I run.

I only use Facebook and Insta to keep in touch with old friends back home. Maybe with age I've realised that I don't give a s**t about most of them anyway and could cut about 400 people from Facebook and Insta. Do I really need a mates ex gf who I haven't seen in 10 years on my Facebook and Insta? I mean, she is pretty hot haha

Yeah I use it to keep in contact with a few people as most people I know don't use it.

How many engagement or baby photos do I need to scroll through on Insta or Facebook? Is that really keeping in touch with people?

If anything I just use messenger these days. Only function of Facebook I use is Groups for things like a tipping comp I run.
what really grinds my gears if having mates with kids who post pictures of them on Facebook, then their mrs shares it, and then their siblings share it and all of it is repeated on insta. I just want to shout at them 'Your child probably doesn't want their whole ******* life on social media and you campaigners don't need to ******* share each others posts.'

This rings true. I think I have a little over 800 friends on FB. I could cull that to like 200 easily. Most of the people are just acquaintances now.

what really grinds my gears if having mates with kids who post pictures of them on Facebook, then their mrs shares it, and then their siblings share it and all of it is repeated on insta. I just want to shout at them 'Your child probably doesn't want their whole ******* life on social media and you campaigners don't need to ******* share each others posts.'
Im bad with this because I dont have kids and ALL my friends now have kids. So at any gathering I have to sit through 4 hours of my friends just talking about their children.

It's super boring.

Have never understood Instagram. Doesn't seem to serve any purpose other that posting photos you think look so artsy of the sunset or a holiday you're on.
Insta is a great free work tool for my industry. I use it daily but there has been a noticeable drop off over the last year or so, used to get 300-400 likes a post now its about half that. People are slowly moving away from social media.

Insta is a great free work tool for my industry. I use it daily but there has been a noticeable drop off over the last year or so, used to get 300-400 likes a post now its about half that. People are slowly moving away from social media.

Just moving to different social media. Tik Tok and Snapchat would be pretty big amongst the kids these days.

Maybe try this on tiktok
Swedish Chef Cooking GIF

pantskyle no surprises given how 'well' Activision has been going of late... Morning 1 of CDL end of season champs.
All servers down worldwide leading to a 2 hour delay in a live arena with fans in attendance despite all being LAN games.

I laughed when I saw the tweet.

Just scrolled through my Twitter feed, in a sample of 50 unique tweets (so not even including responses to that tweet that also showed up in my feed) there was two ads.
Really? 4 of my first 20 posts were promoted tweets. Then there was also 3 sections of "Expand my timeline with these suggested topics" or "Discover new lists"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? 4 of my first 20 posts were promoted tweets. Then there was also 3 sections of "Expand my timeline with these suggested topics" or "Discover new lists"
Predominately mobile user?

Pretty sure the bold doesn't show up on mobile twitter and on my desktop browser promoted tweets are omitted somehow. Adblock?

Predominately mobile user?

Pretty sure the bold doesn't show up on mobile twitter and on my desktop browser promoted tweets are omitted somehow. Adblock?
Yeah on mobile. Haven't seen an ad on PC (or on my home network thanks to PiHole) is 20 years.

Maybe mobile is different to web? I get barely any adds. I get a lot of suggested tweets but always relevant.

What's this about?

Sandy Hook conspiracy theories? There were some crackers when that went down a few years back.
Yep the parents of Sandy Hook sued him for the lies he spread on Infowars, verdict today was minimum 4M in damages.

The most hilarious part of the trial was Jones' lawyer accidentally shared 3 years of all of his emails and texts with the prosecutor by mistake and never claimed privilege.

Twitter is a toilet.

Still use it daily but you need to wade through a mile of s**t to find a speck of stardust.

That's what curating your follows is for. Not too hard to follow the right journos and ignore anything that doesn't come from them.

facebook comments are worse than twitter. but i cant say i use facebook anymore, havent put anything on there for a couple of years. never got into the gram, use twitter just for sport, music and games. never tried tik tok and i really dont get it. people keep showing me these videos and i dont find them funny, which i never knew how much that makes people angry.

I'm pretty sure Tik Tok is just for children.

This might be the old man, get off my lawn in me but Tik Tok and influencers make my blood boil.

I just dont understand why "talent" these days is miming along to some music whilst bobbing your head or doing a small dance. Then you get millions of followers. Im like.... what?

That Bella Poarch girl mimed to a song, so just knows the words of a song. Congratulations. Then bobbed her head. Now she's releasing music and is a multi, multi millionaire.

* my life.

I'm pretty sure Tik Tok is just for children.

This might be the old man, get off my lawn in me but Tik Tok and influencers make my blood boil.

I just dont understand why "talent" these days is miming along to some music whilst bobbing your head or doing a small dance. Then you get millions of followers. Im like.... what?

That Bella Poarch girl mimed to a song, so just knows the words of a song. Congratulations. Then bobbed her head. Now she's releasing music and is a multi, multi millionaire.

* my life.

I'm pretty sure you're washed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back