Other The Off-Topic Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Really loving these "what makes the song great" series by Rick, such a wealth of knowledge....he did another classic today, black such an amazing song: Probably one the best outro's to a song I've ever heard.

Last edited:

I love Cornell, but Sinead's version, be it recording studio or not, is a ridiculously amazing song.
Cornell shits on her, can she even sing it live?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I honestly think Glenn Danzig has an amazing vocal range, even in his old age (see Is It So Strange from the Elvis album). Ian Astbury from the Cult also has an amazing voice most evident in the latter Cult albums. Some great singers like Cornell or Vedder etc have a distinct voice and it sounds great, but they dont have the range to deeper emote the ups and downs within a single sung lind, like Danzig etc can do.

This is another great display of singing...

An Aussie businessman paid $9m for that guitar a few weeks ago at auction. Nuts
That's how you know you have too much cash

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cornell shits on her, can she even sing it live?

I dunno, I don't care. The studio recording of it is perfect, why would I want to listen to a version of it thats inferior?

Another example of the genius of Mike Patton, adding his own version of Poker Face by Lady Gaga to the intro Chinese Arithmetic... Don't reckon there has ever been a better lead vocalist , his range is amazing.

One of the best kept secrets of all time this song..
The whole song is amazing but shout out to the organ in it, sounds so ******* awesome.

Last edited:
Isn't great when a one hit wonder you used to love pops into your head out of nowhere that you haven't in over 15 years....the chorus and riff....so good!

Anyone else remember this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back