Sport The Official Essendon Tennis Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So? Good on him for fighting it out. Pretty amazing that he even won a set.

He was stupid. He should have retired, it was as clear as day that he wasn't going to win

Why wouldn't you just sit back and admire the spectacle of him fighting it out against the odds? I'm sure everyone in the crowd did.

And until Stan broke him again late, it wasn't completely clear at all. I don't know how you can claim it was clear when Rafa managed to win a set.

Because unlike most, I don't think it as courageous, I think it as stupid

I thought it ws clear that he wasn't right. I dunno, I just didn't see him as 100% throughout the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, he wasn't 100% but surely it's a matter of individual choice.

Players have won playing through injury before. And it's not as if he was completely without chance- the very fact he was still able to win a set and fight back in the fourth after being broken the first time is testament to that.

So, anybody watching the tennis so far? Great result for Groth, looks like he's finally stepping up. Pospisil looks like a very good player too.

Who's your tips mate? I went with Djokovic and Wozniacki. Best placed Australians to be Stosur (QF) and Kokkonakis as a bit of a smokey (3rd round)

Djokovic I just can't see losing. I'm hoping Murray avoids his half & I'd then back Andy to make the final as he is playing well & had a much needed break after his tough schedule the past 3-4 months or so.

Women's half.... no clue! Cornet is the player we support in the women's field so hoping she goes alright!

Federer is playing his best tennis in 4 years. Beware the FedExpress
Raonic is playing really well against him though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back