Official Team Thread The Official Team Thread Of The Gold City Royals - Season 32 - Best Served Cold

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
1626676423580.png
Season 32 Players List

04137562. Marlowe
007. GreyCrow
1. Smartys Power
2. Paddles_
4. BRAB
5. ShaunDuggan
6. krakouers85
8. Easty
9. nahnah
11. Fitzey
12. Ulahoopski
13. Noobz0r
18. spookism
22. Danger in Texas
23. The Filth Wizard (c)
23.5 MrPremiership
30. grumbleguts
31. Blacky
34. boncer34
37. MC Bad Genius
42. brahj
50. NTRabbit
51. CakeEater
69. Dancing Potato
88. PMBangers (c)
97. Dennis Confetti

Squad size - 26/27

In: PMBangers (Hawks), MC Bad Genius (Dragons), boncer34 (Demons), krakouers85 (rookie), Dancing Potato (rookie), Fitzey (returned)
Out: Gadzorks, Cesoir, Kapow!!!, The acurate one (delisted)​

Last edited:
GCR S32.png
with thanks to Marlowe

Leadership Group

The Filth Wizard
PMBangers
Marlowe
spookism
GreyCrow
CakeEater

Last edited:

Welcome all to the Season 32 Gold City Royals official thread.

Some early business, the first big change (which has been announced in previous media) is the recruitment of PMBangers not only to the Royals, but also as co-captain for the next season. He has shown in his last few seasons a real knack for leadership and is IMO the complete poster so I'm very happy to have the opportunity to have him "understudy" for me this season with the view he will one day get the chance to lead this great club himself.

Within that same media, we also were able to recruit MC Bad Genius from the Dragons. MCBG is a third season player who brings a bit of "youth" to the side, Qooty wise and he's a bloke I rate very highly, enough that I tried to recruit him after his debut season. He's also a bit of a list maker and everybody knows how much I like my top 5.

Our third recruit is not only a legend but an immortal of the league. In fact, boncer34 was my first captain way back at the Dragons and he's won a flag at pretty much every club bar the Royals so lets tick one off for him. This is one of the greats, no doubt. He thinks he's the greatest and he's probably right.

One thing PMBangers and I have made a point of in this off-season, as we try to rejuvenate the list, is an emphasis on rookies. On the North board I've creepily been scouting krakouers85 who I think is going to be an enormously good poster for us, friendly and funny and I'm stoked to have him. We're also really excited to welcome Dancing Potato to the Royals, another fun poster that stood out to us on the recent tour of the Melbourne Demons board. It's a daunting prospect being a rookie in this place so let's do all that we can to welcome these two and answer any questions they may have.

Welcome aboard all of you and feel free to pick an available guernsey number in the OP.

Last edited:
Also, we have accepted the challenge and will be playing our first exhibition match as part of the Tittybong Cup, where we take on the Wonders and then whatever happens next.

Thread is up here:

I believe our first home game this season is our 150th game at the Golden Throne too, so I publically propose this for the occasion.

royals 150x.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

981663.jpg

Sometimes a freebie appears and in this case, with an hour to go before squad deadline, an old friend has shown his face. Let's welcome back to the Royals Fitzey who was part of our very first side, back with Marlowe, Easty and NTRabbit. It's fantastic to have you back aboard mate, things are certainly different but in a lot of ways... not.

Hit the OP too and grab guernsey number while you're here.

Same for MC Bad Genius and Dancing Potato.

Sometimes a freebie appears and in this case, with an hour to go before squad deadline, an old friend has shown his face. Let's welcome back to the Royals Fitzey who was part of our very first side, back with Marlowe, Easty and NTRabbit. It's fantastic to have you back aboard mate, things are certainly different but in a lot of ways... not.

Stoked to be back, I’d like to think I’m a little older and wiser now but we’ll see about that. I’ll take number 11 👍🏻

Stoked to be back, I’d like to think I’m a little older and wiser now but we’ll see about that. I’ll take number 11 👍🏻

All yours mate.

Lucky number 69 good sir.

I was #31 at the Dragons, but it seems Blacky has taken that in the blue, white and gold. I wonder if it was for the same reason as I wanted it (a love of playing as Reggie Miller when I was a kid playing NBA Live 95)?

So instead, I'll ask for #37 for the great man, Goodesy.

Also, I love that the cover photo for this thread is the Tenenbaums family. If it's not my favourite movie of all time, it's very much in the Top 5.

I was #31 at the Dragons, but it seems Blacky has taken that in the blue, white and gold. I wonder if it was for the same reason as I wanted it (a love of playing as Reggie Miller when I was a kid playing NBA Live 95)?

Also, I love that the cover photo for this thread is the Tenenbaums family. If it's not my favourite movie of all time, it's very much in the Top 5.
Brett Kirk 💯

#37 all yours.

I'm going to nerd out on Tenenbaums as I recently got the Criterion blu-ray and it pops. I think it's one of the best screenplays ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back