Official Team Thread The Official Team Thread of the Gold City Royals - Season 33 - "On today's Royal agenda, digging up dirt clots to throw at our school chums

Remove this Banner Ad

Good effort in our first match, just gotta keep up a four-quarter effort.

Yep, just got blown out in that second quarter. We're also traditionally awful at home for some reason.

I always say, "he gets one chance, then we bash his brains out, hee hee".
efa

Bigfooty in no way condones violence in any way, shape or form unless it’s part of an official SFA club coup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 Summary
Round 1.png
*note name position here means nothing, I just went off the top off my head

ROund1 has come and gone and yet again we've lost, but it's alright Royals, as I said to Filth 'the best premiership teams have to have some sort of struggle' and this is ours. The match thread was the Bombers as their chaotic selves and once again I think we went with the flow and had a pretty good week. That being said the Warriors in Round 2 may be more our pace, so for our newer players look forward to it.
On that note, wow what a start to the season, I love seeing so many Royals around because I think we have one of the strongest posting units in the league, and a big thanks to krakouers for his work in engaging the side

We matched the Bombers for scoring for most of the game, with the second quarter ultimately being our downfall as the Bombers took advantage of our lapse, and whoever was in charge of the interchange bench took the piss out of us with some of those substitutions. Winning the 1st and 4th quarters was a still a highlight to take away from the game, started well and then kept fighting despite the game essentially being done

The final note of this Round is to congratulate SarahSmiles, everyones favourite 14-year-old, on their 150th game in the league. Truly an outstanding contributor in that time and someone I've gotten to know as a Chelsea addict and an enjoyer of fantastic music. Despite leaving the Rats at the end of last season, some words from their former teammates sum up the impact they've had;​
I'd like to thank him for his contribution to the Rats and that he is welcome back anytime. Oh, and can he please remember to remove all that left over vegan sh*t out of our kitchen thanks.
SarahSmiles first came to my attention during the S25 Grand Final thread, when it became obvious that he saw things differently:.
(Luckily, Mobbs came to his rescue, if you follow the link and read down the page!)

Anyway, later that season, SS approached me and a deal was struck - special Sin City "kombucha" was exchanged and a contract was signed. Sarah matured before our very eyes, and a tsar was born.

Well done on 150, SarahSmiles.
SarahSmiles was one of my favourite team mates at the Rats - despite his love for Chelsea (I guess nobody is perfect). Of course we'd love to see him back at the Underground one day, but in the meantime, all the best for his 150th this weekend.

GCR SENIORS Vs BOM SENIORS
GCR 5 2 6 3 10 4 15 5 95
BOM 4 2 11 5 15 9 19 10 124

GOALS; spookism 5, krakouers 2, CakeEater 2, weltschmerz, nahnah, Paddles_, The Filth Wizard, GreyCrow, SarahSmiles
BESTS; krakouers, Paddles_, spookism, weltschmerz, GreyCrow

Season 33 Ladder after Round One

Code:
Team                   P   W   L   D   Pen   For  Agnst     %     Pts  Streak   L5   Change   GB    Chase

East Side Phoenix      1   1   -   -    -     93    69   134.78    4     1W     W      +3     Ldr     -
Baghdad Bombers        1   1   -   -    -    124    95   130.53    4     1W     W      -1      -      -
West Coast Wonders     1   1   -   -    -     73    59   123.73    4     1W     W     +10      -      -
Roys FFC               1   1   -   -    -    100    87   114.94    4     1W     W      +6      -      -
Las Vegas Bears        1   1   -   -    -     80    71   112.68    4     1W     W      +3      -      -
Gumbies FFC            1   1   -   -    -     83    74   112.16    4     1W     W      +1      -      -
Coney Island Warriors  1   -   1   -    -     74    83    89.16    -     1L     L      -5     -1      -
Fighting Furies        1   -   1   -    -     71    80    88.75    -     1L     L      -3     -1     Ldr
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dragons FFC            1   -   1   -    -     87   100    87.00    -     1L     L      -6     -1      -
Mount Buller Demons    1   -   1   -    -     59    73    80.82    -     1L     L      -1     -1      -
Gold City Royals       1   -   1   -    -     95   124    76.61    -     1L     L      -5     -1      -
Sin City Swamprats     1   -   1   -    -     69    93    74.19    -     1L     L      -1     -1      -

ROYALS IN THE WEEKLY TOP 10!
Hitouts: =3rd GreyCrow (15)
Kicks: =4th krakouers (15)
Marks: =4th Paddles_ (10)
Handballs: =8th Paddles_ (15)
Tackles: =6th The Filth Wizard (7)
Frees For: =5th Marlowe (4)
Frees Against: =3rd Ulahoopski (4)
Goals: =1st spookism (5)
Marlowe (LG) GreyCrow (LG) Smartys Power Paddles_ BRAB krakouers (LG) Easty nahnah Fitzey Ulahoopski omgfridge spookism (LG) weltschmerz The Filth Wizard (LG) MrPremiership Ligma grumbleguts Blacky boncer34 SarahSmiles brahj NTRabbit CakeEater (LG) Dancing Potato PMBangers (c) Halorad Engimal v3

5 goals hey?

That's a damn impressive debut at Full Forward don't you think? Doubt anyone else could have scored that in a loss.

5 goals hey?

That's a damn impressive debut at Full Forward don't you think? Doubt anyone else could have scored that in a loss.

I felt exactly the same about my 7 tackles but then I remembered I scored 9 goals once in a loss. This sim is quite a guy.

1644218018493.png

the simpsons donuts GIF

thats my first 100 post week in about 4 years I think... apologies all
Likewise. Probably outdid my sum total for the entire S32 season if not S31 and S32. Racked with shame that it was in a Bombers thread. Got tagged for giving 4 free kicks away though 🤨. TBH, the only post I can remember off the top of my head was a gem if I do say so myself. 😁

Likewise. Probably outdid my sum total for the entire S32 season if not S31 and S32. Racked with shame that it was in a Bombers thread. Got tagged for giving 4 free kicks away though 🤨. TBH, the only post I can remember off the top of my head was a gem if I do say so myself. 😁
Seeing you up and about with A) 100+ posts and B) smacking down people in music discussion took me back to the song contest threads, was great reading you this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back