The offseason commentary critique thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Was watching the opening game of the NBA 2017-18 season yesterday when this terrible event occurred.

After the shock, self reflection and lunch, thought about the commentary from the fabled kevin harlan. His call of the play, and summation straight after play was stopped was, well it captured the moment by letting the deafly silence tell the story.

Thought turned immediately to our indigenous game and its commentators. Imagine for a moment the same injury happened in a game, and there was an immediate break of play....replays.... how many voices would be heard? Screaming and hollering? Stating of obvious?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Was watching the opening game of the NBA 2017-18 season yesterday when this terrible event occurred.

After the shock, self reflection and lunch, thought about the commentary from the fabled kevin harlan. His call of the play, and summation straight after play was stopped was, well it captured the moment by letting the deafly silence tell the story.

Thought turned immediately to our indigenous game and its commentators. Imagine for a moment the same injury happened in a game, and there was an immediate break of play....replays.... how many voices would be heard? Screaming and hollering? Stating of obvious?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

I can just imagine BT cheering on an injury like that.

“His foot’s the wrong way around! His foot’s the wrong way around! Have you ever seen anything as incredible as that!”

I'm not a fan of basketball but I believe our Derrrrwayne calls NBL games?
Perhaps fans of the NBL can post his basketball bs calls on here.

That above injury was "Horrendous!!" by the way.

If you're into it, catch some NFL games with Tony Romo doing commentary. He's fresh out of the game and predicting the calls based on reading the defensive set ups. Absolute quality.
I've been watching some older AFL games and Buckley was quite good as well. I wish the game broadcast producers would take note of what sports entertainment should be.

If you're into it, catch some NFL games with Tony Romo doing commentary. He's fresh out of the game and predicting the calls based on reading the defensive set ups. Absolute quality.
It's incredible stuff

* that's hard to watch. Seen way to many clips like that as well as seeing a mate snap his shin in half playing soccer in high school. Makes you feel legitimately ill.

I can just imagine BT cheering on an injury like that.

HIS LEFT BOOT IS PULLING THE OL RING-A-RING-A-ROOOOOOOOOOOOOSEY!

IT DOESN'T KNOW WHETHER IT'S ARTHUR OR MARTHA, LINGY!

WHADDDDDDYA RECKON RICHO, WOULD HE GET A GIG IN PIT LANE AT BATHURST WITH A SET OF BROKEN AXLES LIKE THAT?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back